Worst part of Brady's injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

Nice! A Sam fan! I just saw the Oktoberfest out the other day....gotta love the change of seasons with Sam Adams!

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahaha, thats hysterical.

good beer though.

3. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

Gotta go guys....see ya soon.

Slainte

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

how about staying away from the board.....take Little and Big Bill with you too :rofl:

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I hope mommy Tucks you nicely into the sack tonight.

6. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

Dont make me horny.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

why?....does mommy have a dick too?

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The worst part about the injury is that if the Pats have a bad season their going to get a great draft pick plus Tom Brady coming back next season. But hey thats next season.

9. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Plus it adds another season to Brady's career .. See, there are some positives..

10. AussieJet

AussieJet New Member

Is little bill and big bill cousins of Little Enis and Big Enis Burdette? :rofl:

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Right, because QB knee surgeries are famous for extending a career. I remember being in denial like this so many times.

12. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Danny Boy: I get it that your a Pats fan and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but I have only some question marks about Brady as a QB when you say he is top 5. It is my belief that he is an excellent QB that lucked onto a real superpower and frankly a number of QBs would have looked like they were top 5 all time in his shoes.

For instance put Marino on that team last year and a circa 1985 Dan the Man breaks the Babes record maybe. Favre, Elway, Montana etc.

The real test in my mind is not a QB that leads this team of pro-bowlers, any good QB gets by with that one. The real test is the great QB who is surrounded by mostly decent to good pros and takes those guys to the promised land.

I have never seen Brady play without his cast of stars. If he played for the Bengals he would still be w/o a ring.

So, would the Pats have had the big year last year w/o Brady? That 07' Pats team with a more mobile QB like Tarkenton or even Doug Flutie would have shredded the Giants like cole slaw not because they were overall better QBs but because they excelled in mobility and did not look like deer in the headlights.

So, top 5, not yet in my mind, come back and tell me why Brady is that good and be logical and precise and explain to me how he elevates this team that is already full of all stars.

13. cassie96

cassie96 Member

WHO CARES????!!!! Whip their butts and NEVER look back. Save all of that energy to keep moving FORWARD....and bring home the LOMBARDI. (THAT is all that matters!)

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They don't get excuses, no one remembers Chad hurt in '03 and '05 which cost us seasons. They can give all the excuses they want, it won't matter.

15. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

Could you point out the stars from the 2001 team, please? Also, how many of the "stars" from the 03 and 04 SB teams do you have on your fantasy roster?

16. woutervz

woutervz Member

The worst part about the injury is he's able to be back next year :jets:

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The worst part about his injury is that it happened now just before we have to play them. Last year it was spygate and this year it is Brady to get them all fired up. I would rather they already played a couple of games before meeting us.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

WHo cares what Pats fans think?

19. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The worse part about this injury is that , it can be used a crutch for New England if we over take them this year. (Oh we didn't have Brady) It also sucks that Favre doesn't get the opportunity to out play Brady.

20. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Banned

Here's reality:

You just got by a piss poor Miami Dolphin team.

You've bank-rolled your entire CAP future into this season and next season and a costly draft pick too boot.

Brett Favre is already old, he'll be somewhat effective this season and maybe next year if you're lucky, we'll get Tommy back fully healthy next season and will have him and CAP space for the next 6-7 years, unlike you, the Patriots are built for the long haul, not to mention 2-2cond round draft picks next season. I would much rather be in our situation than yours.

Also, I hope Jeter and Gay-Rod grab a couple of good bar stools this October to watch the Sox win back to back titles.