Tom Brady is Hurt. Discuss it, and its Jets impact here. MERGED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The Pats are going to use the same offense that Brady excelled at...the short passing, lots of screen plays offense. Our defense will need to put pressure up the middle and keep the OLBs outside to be able to make the tackles.

2. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

It is the NY Post, little better than the national enquirer. Why should anyone take it seriously?

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Raiderjeaux's almost there. Grogan is showing him the way.

4. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

Hey. The Patriot fans nevr gave us to kick our asses when our starting QB's were out for the count.
    That said, I hope Brady and his family are OK. With his millions of bucks in the bank he's better off than the majority of us.

5. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Let me tell you gentlemen a story. The year was 1999, and it was a simple time. The turn of the century had not yet hit, Carrot Top was entertaining us all with his prop driven antics, and for reasons still not yet discovered, the hit song Im blue was at the top of the charts. A little 7th grade MJ, was at opening day along with brother and father in toe to see the New York Jets build off of the previous 12-4 season, and drive to what many believed would be their first superbowl in 30 years. But we all know what happened that day. Vinny went down, Pats win, pretty much season over. And as I sat there two doucher Pats fans had the balls to look at me and my brother, laugh and say better luck next year. Well after all the bullshit, between 99, and 01 and the rise of Belli and this whole scourge known as the Patriots dynasty it looks like next year is finally here. So Pat fans that want to come on this board and call Jet fans classless for reveling in an injury: FUCK OFF. I can't even to begin to recount all the times there was delight taken in either Vinny or Chad going down. You'll get no pity here.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's official, ESPN front page right now.

7. revis024

revis024 New Member

best day ever!

8. revis024

revis024 New Member

oh and moss calling the play dirty is hilarious. like he has a right to say anything. isnt rodney harrison in that locker room? yeah thats what i thought.

9. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

Would've liked the chance to have won against Brady!

I think we have a good team this year. And, I thought we had a chance against the Pats ... even with Brady. Now, no matter how good we are ... we'll never know. :mad: But, things happen. So, I hope all of the Brady attention doesn't derail us now! I won't be hoping for a win any less.:gpc:

10. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

*clap clap clap* *whistles* Thank you! Exactly how I feel and have already expressed, the abuse we withstood from those asshats when Vinny went down has been avenged.

11. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This may well be my all-time favourite post on this messageboard... ever.

12. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

So, because you had an issue with these two anonymous fans, you feel carte blanche in reveling in Tom Brady is injured, although not only did this man (Brady) had nothing to do with that incident -- he wasn't there are almost certainly has no knowledge of it, and definitely no control -- but also the rest of his team and the 99.9999% of Pats fans that did NOT offend you. I mean ... I find it understandable to hate the Patsies because of some actual member of the team or organization (see: BB), but ... hating them because two guys you don't like root for them??

This is just like the Hatfield-McCoy feud: people hating other people because the other people hate them, and no one can even remeber where or we all the hatred started, and no one can see how it can end. Sheez.

Sorry if I took your post more seriously than it was meant but ... it sure was worded like it was serious. If it is serious, then ... I feel like some one needs to step in and be the voice of rationality here, before too many jump on the hatred bandwagon. A great athlete was injured, and the games his team will play may not be as exciting (or victories against them meaningful) anymore. That's what happened, not the realization of some personal vendetta against two guys who've no doubt long ago forgot about your slight, and so almost certainly aren't even thinking of it right now.

13. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

I pretty much expected to see balloons and confetti when I came to this board to see what the Jets fans' take on this was, but I'm glad to see most people are sane.

I never wish injury on anyone, but it happens and teams have to move on.

I still feel pretty confident the Pats win the division, but this certainly changes the dynamics. People seem to forget, that it took several years for Tom Brady to become "Superstar" Brady, and that Belichick coached the team pretty well without the Brady to Moss combo.

Anyway, should be a fun and exciting matchup this week.....it will be fun to watch the Jets lose to the Brady-less Patriots.:smile::wink:

...and as for mj2sexy, I don;t think there was a thread posted here last year that didn't have jets fans wishing Brady would suffer a career ending injury, so your story means nothing. Fans are either asses or adults, and it is easy to tell the difference.

#273 Baron Samedi, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  14. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

With all due respect my friend I root for injuries for no one. I wouldve loved to have seen the Brady-Favre matchup next week. But in the context of what it is, it's not a life threatening situation and unfortunately for fans of the green and white, we will be seeing Tom Terrific next year. And probably for many years to come. Tom will go back to his supermodel girlfriend and his millions of dollars and rehab and train and come back because he is undoubtedly one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time, and no one can ever deny that. However, for the here and now I take no shame in saying I'm glad the man is done for the year and I find it kind of comical that Patriot fans who root for an almost morally bankrupt head coach are all of a sudden on their high horse. I still don't think you guys are dead. I'll refuse to believe your dead until I see a final score on sunday that reads victory for the jets and even then I won't believe it until I see loss number 7 on your record, or time running out on a playoff loss. But facts are facts and now we get to see how big of a genious Belli really is because his record without Tommy boy speaks for itself.

15. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Actually no it didn't, if you'll recall it was almost instantaneous. Hence the super bowl his first year as a starter. And oh by the way Belichick's record without Brady is a losing record.

16. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

ONE: Let me try to be more succinct: You're saying two wrongs make a right. You think the guys who didn't care about Testaverde were jerks. You think this makes it OK for you to act just like they did. Uh ... OK

TWO: "you guys", "your dead", "your record" ??? Err ... I'm not a Patsie fan (doesn't it give it a way a teenise bit that I refer to them this way???) I'm just a fan who believes in class.

17. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

My apologies as I thought you were a Pats fan. However after reading your location, as someone that clearly doesn't understand the dynamic of this rivalry I really think you need to relax before you cast a stone. You have no idea the scumbaggery that Jet fans have had to deal with from the Patriot franchise. So I'll be smiling today sir with no guilt attatched.

18. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

I know I don't wish anyone to get injured, but at the same time, the Jets have to treat this game just like they would if Brady was on the field.

But just like some of the people on the site have been saying. Karma has called.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

lighten up francis

20. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Come on, everyone has rivalries. You seriously think the Packers don't? The Packers-Bears rivalry is the grandaddy of all rivalries, with some really nasty stuff going on in the '80s with McMahon et al. And the Vikings? On sports talk driving in today (ahead of GB-MIN game tonight) they were talking about how the people in the FO hate each other on a personal level. Seriously. Hate. Personally hate. It's not some odd freaky thing you know that GB filed tampering charges with commissioner this summer against viqueens, and then loaded the Favre deal with a penalty that NYJ would owe GB three first rounders if they turned around and sent him to Minnesota!

I know you coasties don't tend to pay much attention to what goes on out here in "flyover country", but it's not as if we're an alien species or something. The Patsie-Jet spygate isn't that different than the tampering thing is it, and even the BB-Mangini relationship is kinda paralleled (Childress used to sit in on Packers meetings when he was an assistant at UW, and it's believed that a big reason he got Vikings job was a hope he would exploit this)

But even with all that, I'm not gonna be jumping the couch if Peterson breaks a leg tonight!