Brady knee injury

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Sep 7, 2008.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It's just you.

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

+1........

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

simms is a beyond solid qb. hed be there best option. i wouldnt be scared cuz tom brady not behind center instantly levels the playing field. the pats will still be a team to beat but at the same time it makes the playoff race more of a toss up instantly.

especially if the jets and bills are for real this year.

4. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

The Bills looked really good yesterday.

5. Grogan

Grogan Banned

I've got news for you, the Patriots aren't out of it as it is, anyone that thinks they are doesn't know football. Simms wouldn't be brought in to start anyway just as a backup. Fact is nobody, Jet or Pats fan knows what Cassel is or how he will play, B.B. kept him for a reason, so we will see. Right now it's an even playing fiield in the AFC, Jet fans thinking next weeks game is a gimme, is going to be in for a surpise.

6. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Pats are in a tough spot but the season is far from over for them. With all of the supporting players the new QB will get a lot of help. And NE will make use of their big stable of RB now as well. So I wouldn't expect a 4 win season just because Brady is gone.

Cassell has been sitting and learning the position for several years. That usually bodes well for a young QB. And remember, Brady himself was a nobody injury replacement who excelled when given the chance.

Also I'm sure the GM is going to call Dante Culpepper and encourage him to join the team. Culpepper could be pretty dangerous with his old buddy Moss. So losing Brady is definitely bad but it doesn't guarantee a disaster season by any means.

7. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I keep thinking Culpepper will be the dark horse qb option in all of this.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I think if they leave Cassel in as the starter, they will make the playoffs.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Not as fucking stupid as you. Compare pre-Moss Brady to last season. No comparison.

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

An attack against the fan-base not-so-cleverly disguised as a question is still an attack. In addition to being an uninspired troll, you have now moved into the territory of sub-par semantician.:jets:

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Surprise! your season is over.

Any pat fan who thinks otherwise needs to sober up. Every football fan knows Tom Brady was the driving force behind the Pats offense...you take him out of the equation...you take the Pats out of the equation. You think the Patriots are gonna come out fighting next week?? That human clip board carrier is gonna get run over by one of our defensive Mack trucks with extreme prejudice....it's not gonna be pretty.

Trust me, troll....the Pats are done.:beer:

12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Yeah I suppose you're right. It's just that Simms (whether backing up or starting) has some experience and played in Playoff games. He looked like a decent/good QB that year in Tampa until the ?spleen? injury. It's not like he got an injury on his shoulder or knee.

I think his game fell off because he was unhappy with the Tampa Bay FO and looking to play elsewhere. But I still think the kid can play.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

even if they do sign Simms...he won't be able to absorb the playbook till at least week 10, if he's lucky. If the Pats idea was to have him starting, they could create a simplified pkg for him (like Mangini did with Favre)...but that doesn't mean he'll be effective. Comparing Simms to Favre...is like comparing dog shit to a pot of gold....in terms of talent.

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Not comparing Simms to Favre at all, what I am comparing is Simms to Cassel. Simms plus Moss automatically keeps them in the run to win the Division. Absorbing the playbook doesn't take that long. Testaverde came off the couch and learned the Panthers system for as long as that lasted. Favre has most of our playbook within 1 month.

It would be silly of me to think that the Patriots wouldn't get another QB to back up Cassel. Hopefully, the Titans or the Chiefs sign him. Now, if the Patriots would go after Cleo Lemon or The Pillsbury Throwboy, I think I would feel better. But I don't like having this Simms in our division.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i have to disagree with you, my friend. Favre has stated that he's not 100% comfortable with the playbook yet...which would tell me that he doesn't grasp "most" of our playbook. That's fine...because Favre can get by on talent alone. I don't think Simms has the mental toughness to be able to adapt as quickly as Favre would. I'm not saying Simms is a bad QB...what i'm saying is that he would need a full TC and then some, to be effective in the Pats' system.

As far as Testeverde is concerned....he's been is so many offensive schemes over the years...there isn't much out there that he's not familiar with...except for the terminology.

I think it's Cassel or bust at this point...really i do.

16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Brady's ascension from 6th round pick to first ballot HOF is the stuff of Hollywood. For that to happen twice in a row for them would be like getting struck by lightning twice while getting attacked by a shark! If it does happen it will be absolute proof that belicheck made a deal with Satan!

Brady made EVERYBODY better on offense. Granted, Moss was already great, but name me a player that wasn't elevated by Brady being under center? Can any replacement do that? Not a chance. Are they still a good team? Definitely. They are no longer an elite team without Brady. We'll see how that older defense likes being on the field a whole lot more.

On a side note. Just imagine if Pennington was still available?

17. GreenMachine

How the Pats prepped for the Game vs KC...This is what they did the night before:

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm probably making this more out to be than it really is. Simms needs to get inked first before any real scenarios unfold anyway. So, we'll see what happens. But I do hope you're right.

19. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

He's officially out for the year.

20. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

Tom Brady put on IR

Patriots placed QB Tom Brady on injured reserve, ending his season.

Courtesy Rotoworld

Take it easy Brady after faking those foot injuries last year before the Super Bowl this serves you right.

#100 Jets18, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008