Concerned about the bills (should I be?)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Sep 8, 2008.

1. buffalobill989

buffalobill989 New Member

funny the seahawk fans were saying the same thing. i think we are a step ahead of you guys everywhere. you guys beat a lowly dolphins team with a qb you guys cut and you are all excited. see you nov 5 in the ralph and well see

2. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Buffalo always gives us trouble...always. It's hard to remember the last year that we won both games against them. I have seen them as the Dark Horse team of the AFC East this year. Everyone knows the Pats will be solid (at least Pre-Brady injury). The Jets did more to improve themselves (at least on paper) than any other team in the division. But the Bills have very solid talent and a lot of underrated players. They will give us fits this year and i take nothing for granted when we play them.

3. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I'm not concerned with the Bills until week 9 when there is something the Jets can do about it. Until then, we watch.

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

Seahawks don't suck.. Buffalo is just a hell of a team do you see that defense... My goodness and this is without crowell... I hope no one in the jets locker room are as confident as some of you guys cause buffalo will sneak up and shock our ass I'm telling you.. This is gon be a close race to the end between buffalo and us..

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Yes, we should be concerned with the Bills. They always play us tough and they are a division rival. But, the Seahawks played awful yesterday.

6. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The Bills had a good as chance as us of reaching the playoffs before Brady's injury. I think to many people are writing off the Patriots. If Cassel plays as good as a middle of the pack Qb they can still take the division.

7. GreenMachine

The Chiefs have the worst D in the NFL. The Jets won a tough road game. The Pats were 17 point favorites at home. Big difference.

The Jets also shut down what some consider the best RB duo in the NFL.

8. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I love the new avatar. Nicest one on the forums now.

9. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

I think it's going to be an all out brawl for the AFC East. The Bills are going to be tough. I wouldn't count the Pats out yet (Remember when Bledsoe was irreplaceable ?)
    And the Fins could easily end up being spoilers. I'm glad we have at least one division "W" in our column now.

10. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I liked them a lot coming in. If they're healthy, I think they can win 9-10 games. Not sold on Edwards though.

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The jets willl probably beat them at home but lose a tough one in buffalo. While I think the Bills are a very solid team, remember that the Seahawks are an AWFUL road team when traveling to the east coast (or across the country in general). I expect the Jets to finish a game or two ahead of the Bills when all is said and done. (I could see the Jets being 11-5 and the Bills being 9-7 - something like that)

12. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

how about you be concerned about the patriots for this week.

13. carolinabillsfan

carolinabillsfan New Member

Lets keep in mind that the Bills will have Jason Peters back and starting for us by the time we play the Jets in week 9. Should be a great matchup and will really be looking forward to it.

Having said that, we've each only played one game, we should probably wait a couple more games to make any kind of projection about any team in the NFL, let alone who's going to win the AFC East

14. Satire?

Satire? Guest

buf bills are like real bills

pay em early: dont need 2 worry bout em later
    pay em late: they take over &eat yer furniture

give em a win &theyll lick their balls the rest of the year

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Bills are tough. They've got a good nucleus of players, and are a team on the rise. We always have trouble with them, so yes, i am worried about them. If the Dull-phins gave us that close of a game, the Bills we certainly be a more formidable opponent.
    The biggest advantage we've got on them is Favre. Edwards, at best is an average QB. We should improve each week, but the Bills will be tough, make no bones about that.Let's get past the Pats first. We've had a great record in the past, of making back up QB's look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana!

16. FavreIsHere

FavreIsHere New Member

They looked good, no doubt. But you have to consider, they were playing the Seahawks, who even though they were a playoff team, I really don't rate at all, personally. I don't think they're that special this year. That being said, I think the Bills will be a force to watch out for this year, but if the Jets play even just decently against them I think it could and should be two victories.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that made absolutely no sense.

18. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I could not have stated this any better......I wouldn't care if the Bills got no better, or even worse, we would at best split the series with them and have a hard time each game...........:up:

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Good post.

And i would share the same sentiments, if our QB situation didn't change this year. The Bills have always had a decent front 7...and always stacked 8 in the box against us..because of Pennington....but this year that will change...and I believe the Bills will have problems adjusting...not us.

But having said that...Jauron is an underrated coach...and defenitly does a good job preparing his players. They defenitly can be a dangerous team.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Bills special teams had a TD. The offense scored 2 legitimate TDs, 1 trick TD and a couple of FGs. Lets keep it all in perspective. I wouldn't be afraid of them just yet.