Tom Brady is Hurt. Discuss it, and its Jets impact here. MERGED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Sep 7, 2008.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

hey, i wasn't accusing you of deriding him, but if really believe that NE fans didn't, then you're being naive.

2. SoxPride

SoxPride New Member

Yeah, I guess you're right, boogs.
    In reading the pages and pages of negative energy, I was thinking the same as those who were warning of bad karma.
    And I will admit it became a bit depressing, but only in the sense that it snuffed out a lot of my faith in the decency of human beings.

It was only a short 7 years ago, when we ALL became New Yorkers and all the ridiculous hate between sports fans was put aside as we donated time, money and a ton of prayers to assist NYC. I remember thinking that we'd all get along great after coming together after 9/11. But to see the hatred here? It killed me that these were the same people who were our brothers back then.

I know New Englanders can be the same hateful trolls, but when it comes to injuries, we should remember that we're all human.
    Put sports aside for a moment and have some respect for each other.

We sent DOZENS of letters to Joba when his dad fell ill. Lots of Sox fans posted their condolences on the Yanks boards.
    We need to hold onto that part of us.

3. revis024

revis024 New Member

i love the noodle arm nickname. hilarious. 100 bucks says chad can throw a ball harder than anyone that posts here hahaha.

i remember when he hurt his ankle last year(i think?) and as he was hopping off the feild the fans at giant stadium were cheering. ill never forget that as it was probably one of the most pathetic things i have ever seen.

4. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

ur season is over bro, and we will be division champs! :jets:

5. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

I agree,

I have never been a fan of Tom Brady (I'm not even sure I spelled his name right) but I won't be happy about this (Not to mention that it's just bad karma anyway) !!!

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!

6. BCSUPERFAN

BCSUPERFAN New Member

football is a game of luck with injuries... we got the everlasting qb...now NE has a qb who cant get that luck... THANKS

7. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

no offense, but wtf do you expect coming onto a division rivals' board? do i agree with any of those that are rejoicing? no. i do feel bad for him(a little less so when i realize that he has 3 rings and goes home to a friggin' supermodel), but i gotta say i don't feel bad at all for the fanbase. i remember vividly in '99 when the jets were poised to make a sb run, and boom vinny goes down. for the next week, friends of mine who were pats fans were saying "so how's the gimp?". they were laughing their asses off for pretty much the rest of the season. does that make all pats fans aholes? well, i guess that's debatable...this is a jets message board after all.

but you'll see these kinds of post anywhere. i guarantee you'd see it on a vikings board if favre went down last year.
    does that make it right? to those of us who have any shred of common sense, of course not. but don't go to a rival's house and expect nothing but class and sympathy.
    check out this thread, a rival but no longer a divisional one. sounds kinda similar don't it? http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8165&page=8

again, i hope brady's alright, and have no ill will towards him but please, cry me an effin river about looking for class...

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Ah...schaddenfreude!

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

moss said the play looked dirty.. Hey jackass didn't your cheating coach look dirty while he was cheating mothereffer ?!!!

10. TampaBayJetsFan85

Did this guy just compare 9/11 with Sports? 9/11 was life and it was horrible man...

Brady getting hurt is a freaking football game...

Dude...Get over yourself...Tom Brady is injured...Get over it or simply wait till next year.

P.S...BB was TRASH with the Browns without a HOF QB...Lets see how he does here in NE...My bet is this... 8-8 or 7-9

11. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I for one am sad that Brady is injured. I never really liked the guy, but I would never wish harm on any player in the NFL. Now that it looks like he's going to be out for the year it almost makes it less of a victory if we beat the Patriots this year. Everyone knows that Tom Brady is the heart and soul of that team and without him playing they really are just a shadow of their former self. I don't know about you guys, but I much rather play and beat a 100% Patriots team than a 50% Patriots team.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I could really give a shit about him. Is he the first player to have his season end in the first quarter of the season opener? Remember Vinny?

It happens and you have to deal with it as a pro footballer. He makes almost a million a game, so what if you get hurt for a few months. A lot of my friends are saying they are sad hearing the news. Well screw them. No one was worried when Bledsoe took that hit. No one was sad when Chad and Vinny went down in the same game for the season. No one gave a fuck about Curtis Martin's injury. No one cared about Chrebet's injury either. Vilma...? The list goes on.

Brady hates the Jets like hell. Guess what, we hate him like hell too. I could care less if we beat the f*ck out of them with or without him. Its still the patriots. So what if they play couple of games against us without him. Have'nt we played a bunch of games without our starting QB in the last 10 years dating back to the season opener in 1998?

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

He looked like somebody ran over his puppy, it was a bitch move for him to call it dirty but then again this is a guy who goes around running over meter maids. Maybe if your dumb shit RB didn't tackle Pollard and then try to hold him to the ground we wouldn't even have this thread. I wonder if he'll quit on the Pats when he realizes that Cassel, Simms or Guitirez can't get him the ball like Brady can.

As far as these Pats fans being butt hurt about us having some fun with your little QB problem tough shit. I'm not here to please some masshole. I remember the way some Pats fans acted when Vinny went down in 99. At that time it was the single greatest achievment in Pats history and they didn't even touch him. I've also seen various Pats trolls come on here and rub salt in the wounds with the 3 rings* BS. Many of which failed to show up following the choke.

Football is a violent game and while I'm not going to wish injury on anybody I'm not going to mourn the loss of some arrogant jackass who cheats on his pregnant girlfriend and lies about the obvious cheating of the head coach to save his own legacy. Throw in the " we hate the guys in green" interview and you have a bonafide asshole. I'm not shedding any tears for him or you and I love that most of your bandwagon pals are crying in their chowda tonight. If I'm a bad person for it so be it.

#233 Barry the Baptist, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I just don't get it...They have been full strength at QB the last 8 years. And we have ONLY had ONE year where our starting QB played a full season, 2006. Its about time is'nt it?

Its called "The Law of Averages"

Beating the Patriots is simply beating them with or without Brady. Do you feel sad that Bledsoe was sidelined few years ago when Brady took over?

If you wanna be sad, then be sad for the former Bills TE Everet who took a 'life threatening' hit. Thats whats sad. A season ender is something you see every week.

I tore my hamstring mucle couple of yrs ago and could barely walk for months. No one sent me a 'get well soon' card. These types of things happen in sports and you are aware of it. You put your body at risk and you know that one hit can finish your entire career and put you on wheelchair for the rest of you life. You take the risk, you serve the consequences.

15. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Just because other fans are asshats doesn't mean we need to be. To be so freaking happy about someone else's misfortune, who almost all of us will agree is a great player, is pretty sad dude.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Im not happy about it. Neither am I sad about it. There's nothing to be sad about it. All I'm saying is, this is football and it happens.

17. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Ok nevermind, I misunderstood your comment.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Deja vu with Testeverde's achilles injury in '99, them's the breaks.....

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Grogan must be off sulking somewhere by now. I read his arrogant, stupid comments for 2 weeks. All he was trying to do is tarnish Jets fans excitement for a new season. He kept spewing how great his team was and something about reality setting in for us. All I can say is, "Now does reality taste now, Grogan." If there ever was poetic justice in this world, I think it has just been served. Enjoy every bite Grogan.

20. woutervz

woutervz Member

Looks like we're going to compete even more serious then everybody thought WOEHOEEEEE :jets: