Tom Brady is Hurt. Discuss it, and its Jets impact here. MERGED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

CBS Sportsline is saying that he is most likely done for the year too.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10965970

"And in that instant Brady's season is likely over. If he returns this year, said a source close to the situation, it would be a miracle.

The source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that while there's a chance Brady could play again this year, it's basically infinitesimal. "

So, who cares? We play without our starting QB as often as we play with them. Let them get used to it. They have had time to get an adequate backup ready.

2. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

:lol: Broadcasters just said no one wants to see Brady hurt? Um wrong. No one on the Jets is crying for Brady. Infact. I'd bet a few brewskis were popped on the flight back to NY.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Our defense versus Chris Simms. Ha.

Now we still have the Bills to worry about...

4. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I hope the asshole walks with a permanent limp. Good riddance. Don't get well soon.

5. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

What Come Around Goes Around, Cheaters Never Win!

6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

do they make bernard pollard fatheads? cuz i want one

7. N.Y. Johnny

N.Y. Johnny Member

I'm going to go get me a Chiefs Bernard Pollard Jersey and a fathead.

8. Don

I guess this means we won't have Grogan to kick around anymore. What a shame.

9. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Who was the 230 lbs on his back???!!! That is the guy that Brady probably wants to shoot.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'd doubt that, these guys are profesionals and all know the injury risk every time they lace up the cleats. Now as for Jet fans on thier way back to NY? Different story.

It was amazing.... within a few seconds I see Fave throw a 56 yard TD to Cotch and almost at the exact same moment I see Moss fumble the ball and Brady roll around clutching his knee on the TV next to me. It was like a divine moment.....

BTW wonder where Grogan is? I wonder how he liked my prediction last week? Wanna see it?

Posted on September 4th I kid you not....

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=35328&page=2

"Hey Grogadamus is still spewing his filth about it being a long season but has yet to provide one argument as to WHY.

Here goes my prediction..... The Pats D will cost them a few games this year as will their backup QB."

Maybe I should change my name to RichMianodamus :beer:

11. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about this. For one I'm happy, not because Brady is hurt, but because we get to see what Belichik can do without his boy wonder. On the other hand I alway like to beat the best at full strength so if we do beat them next week or even beat them out in the division because of this then it's kind of bittersweet(not that I am saying we will now but it certainly improves our chances). At the same time even though I can't stand Brady he is good for the NFl and makes things more interesting. I never like to see top players like Osi and now Brady go out for the year.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

That Bills team is looking pretty good, too. We not be a lock for the AFC East just yet.

13. Don

They need to be at full strength even without him. Injuries are no excuse and any decent coach will tell you that. There wouldn't be a Brady if not for injuries to their QB. They were ready then and they should be ready now. If they aren't, tough shit.

14. cassie96

cassie96 Member

QB's are having a hard time with knees. Peyton Manning has lost 15 lbs because of the antibiotics that he is taking for his knee surgery.

They just said on NBC that when Peyton walked in tonight, he looked like his suit was 3 sizes too big....and he lost his look of confidance.

15. FavreIsHere

FavreIsHere New Member

Well, he was my starting fantasy QB, but I honestly care about 0%. This is amazing news.

16. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I didn't know Christmas was on September 7th.

17. cassie96

cassie96 Member

They played like crap in the pre-season games. The JETS were a much stronger team today, than the pats.

The pats hit their peak and they are on a downhill slide.

The JETS are on the way UP!!!! Get used to it!!!

18. Don

Didn't Vince Young go down big time today too?

19. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

I never like to see guys get hurt, but I am excited to see Belichicken's press conferences this week.
    Should be a blast.

20. Bill Belicheat

Bill Belicheat New Member

Nfl.com Says Brady's Injury Is "serious"

Brady's season in doubt after left knee injury
    Associated Press

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Reigning NFL MVP Tom Brady left Sunday's game against Kansas City after being hit on the left leg, depriving the New England Patriots of the quarterback who last season led them to a 16-0 regular season and their fourth Super Bowl appearance in eight years.

The fear now is that Brady suffered damage to his ACL and MCL in his left knee, which would mean the Patriots quarterback would be sidelined eight months, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter. More medical tests are pending Monday.

"It's not good," said a Patriots team source.

Meanwhile, free-agent quarterback Chris Simms is scheduled to arrive in New England Monday morning for a workout and a physical, Schefter reports. If all goes well, Simms could be a Patriot by the end of the day. Kansas City and Tennessee, each of whom had quarterbacks suffer significant injuries on Sunday, also have contacted Simms.

Brady, who has started 128 consecutive games, went to the turf clutching his left knee midway through the first quarter when he was hit in the pocket by Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard. After being tended to on the field, he walked off, limping, between two trainers.
    Brady, 31, went to the locker room and was not seen again on the sideline as backup Matt Cassel led the Patriots to a 17-10 victory. The two-time Super Bowl MVP was not available for comment after the game, and coach Bill Belichick said he had nothing to add to the in-game announcement that it was a knee injury.

"They're looking at him, doing some tests on him, so I don't have any information there," the coach said, cracking a smile as he added, "doubt anybody's interested."

The Chiefs also lost their starting quarterback when Brodie Croyle was sacked in the third quarter. The team said he had a bruised right shoulder and he was replaced by Damon Huard.

Brady was 7-for-11 passing for 76 yards, completing a 26-yard pass to Randy Moss on the play in which he was injured. Moss fumbled the ball away when he was tackled; the Patriots forced Kansas City to punt, then Cassel came in for New England.

"Since I've been here and been around Tom, he's always popped back up," Cassel said. "I didn't know (how serious it was). I just buckled my chinstrap and the guys rallied around me. I felt their support."

Cassel took over at his 2 yard-line and, after two handoffs nearly netted the Chiefs a safety, completed his first pass to Moss for a 51-yard gain. Cassel, Brady's backup for the past three years, finished the 98-yard drive with a 10-yard touchdown pass to Moss that gave New England a 7-0 lead.

"This is something I've been preparing for for a long time," said Cassel, who threw just 33 passes while backing up Heisman Trophy winners Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at Southern Cal. "It's not something I expected to come up on opening day."

A former fourth-stringer who was the 199th overall selection in the 2000 draft, Brady himself took over at quarterback when longtime starter Drew Bledsoe sustained a life-threatening chest injury in a 2001 game against the New York Jets. Brady led the Patriots to their first NFL title that year, another in 2003 and another in 2004.

In the process, Brady has become one of the league's biggest stars and a crossover cover boy who has met the Pope and the president, dated actresses and supermodels and rewrote one of the NFL's most coveted records.

Last year, while leading New England to a 16-0 regular season, Brady set a record with 50 touchdown passes and improved his overall record as a starter to 100-27 -- the best in the Super Bowl era. The Patriots blew a chance at an unprecedented 19-0 season and a fourth NFL title with a 17-14 loss in February's Super Bowl to the New York Giants.

Brady did not play in four exhibition games this summer -- all of them Patriots losses -- while trying to recover from a right foot injury.

"He's the face of the New England Patriots, and Tom being who he is it kind of hurts, to be honest with you," said Moss, who caught 23 of Brady's TD passes in 2007, also a record. "I know the show must go on. Hopefully Matt Cassel is ready to step in. I know the team is ready to embrace him and let him lead us."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press