The Gloat about the Game thread.... and thank you Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

I am very happy with the win!! Coles did look rusty and hey, that's what missing practice will cause.
    I don't agree with those knocking Gholston. He played decently for his first NFL game--but Lowery looks like a vet already!!
    Who's knocking Thomas? Did I not see him record 2 sacks? He kicked ass today!!
    Way to go Jets--Way to go, Jet Fans--next week, 2-0!!! F**K BB!!!

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

A win is a win. Favre was not great, but he played well enough to win. The pass to Cotchery was great. He was pedestrian the rest of the game. The TD to Stuckey was a prayer, but it was a smart play given it was 4th down.

The real positives were the running game, and the defense (49 rushing yards and 4 sacks). The Jets have not had a defense this good for 4 years.

As for Pennington, after a rough start he played well. He had me sweating and my heart pounding at the end. With a 20-7 lead, it never should have come to that. Why the Jets ever rush 3 men is beyond me.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Pennington is definitely a solid upgrade over what Miami originally had.

Also think the knocking on him is uncalled for. We got the win and it looks like we've got the personnel to be a good team this year. There is a lot to look forward to.

4. 624

624 Banned

oh yes i was i shit everyone of my organs on my couch

5. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

we definetly didn't play our best... as favre pointed out after the game... mind you i hope rhodes and harris were saving their best for next week.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yep, but its still technically a new team... progress, progress, progress... but I feel bad for the Bengals in week 6 after the bye... this team fixes its flaws and plays that broken team? Poor Palmer.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Oh yea this too: Didn't Fins fans say that they were going to run all over the Jets??????

49 rushing yards... fuck you.

8. tentroy

tentroy New Member

the game

I am pretty happy with the game for a opener and considering all the inside info the fins had with pennington. :rofl:

9. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I’m pretty surprised – allot if you seem to indicate that you were ‘shitting bricks’ in the end. Personally – with Chad Pennington as the opposing quartersack – you would have had to check my pulse to know that I was alive.

There wasn’t an ounce of doubt in my mind that Chad wasn’t going to drive it to the 20 and…throw a pick. Chad is always ALMOST good.

10. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Not taking anything away from Revis when I said "the Jets management was lucky" he made the INT.

It was a terrific defensive play...he was in good position, great body control and great concentration to come down with the ball and secure it.

Bottom line is, I was convinced Chad was going to beat them...the Jets could not stop him the last 5 minutes of the game...he was picking them apart and his targets seemed to be wide open.

If the Jets would've lost this game, all you "cool" customers would be jumping out the window.

Mangini should've played Favre longer in the preseason, and he needs to now lose about half of the complicated pre-snap motion and just get this offense in rhythm.

11. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

I won't waste my breath, you're obviously a freaking expert! You can see how a player will develop after one NFL game. Geez.

12. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

If Chad was still our QB, this game would have been something like 38-10, Jets. Because Miami would have had to field Josh McCown or John Beck or Chad Henne as their QB. I think Favre's arrival will pay big dividends in the coming weeks. But this game scared me.

It was no gimme, we are fortunate to have won it especially with Nugent going down.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This was a most encouraging game. The Jets hardly ever won the line of scrimmage last year. Man was Jenkins a disruptive force in the middle and Ellis and Coleman did their job as well. It was great to watch the Dolphins not even run the ball by accident. The linebackers were pretty good as far as getting a pass rush but lacking in coverage. They may have found the #2 Cb in Lowery. I will wait and see till he actually goes against a legitimate NFL Wr before really getting excited.

The offense line had its good points and bad points but it was certainly fun to watch Brick pancake people and effectively lock down his side. Thomas Jones got over 100 yards and Brett Favre looked pretty good.

What is with you jackasses saying you are not encouraged because Miami almost pulled it out? So the fuck what. Really what fucking game did you watch and on what planet did you watch it? This Jets team is not going to be playing in 6000 degree weather for the season. So they are not going to get gassed at the end of a game like they did today. The Dolphins should have been better at the end, they play in this shit all the freaking time and their record in the beginning of seasons is a hell of a lot better then in the end. Why is that?

The abject stupidity on this board is mind numbing sometimes.

#53 Miamipuck, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  14. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Ad homs are great

We all bow down to your superior intellect. Clearly, the Jets did not only win by 6. Clearly, the Jets were not within an eyelash of losing this ballgame. We're all idiots for not praising the Jets. All hail Mangini and Tannenbaum. The Jets can do no wrong. Brett Favre is king.

It's a privilege reading your well-thought out posts. The two years I was on the boards before your arrival were not worth anything. Thank goodness you're around.

#54 Gubernaculum, Sep 8, 2008
  15. dbatesman

dbatesman New Member

A reply that calls someone a "gigantic idiot" is retarded and basically devoid of value, but it's tough for you to defend yourself by asserting that spending time here somehow endows you with special knowledge.

If that's the case, I assume some of our senior posters have gone on to become NFL GMs?

#55 dbatesman, Sep 8, 2008
  16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah well I changed it to not single you out. But my first post stands if that is your analysis!

17. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

The only reason this was close was because we played most of the game without a kicker. Its like beating them with one arm tied behind our back. Imagine when the D gels, Coles is on the same page and Keller, Lowery and Gholston get some experience. How any Jet fans thought we would lose this game.

18. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

You and I both HardHitta! I was like SAME OLE JETS!!!!

19. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Thomas got 2 sacks.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The fact is on two consecutive plays he threw the ball up for grabs to Jets defensive players, one was dropped one was caught.