d-line sucked

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Sep 7, 2008.

1. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

D-line did not impress me today....if they want to compete with new engleand next week...it better change....also didnt like manginis play calling late in the game...let me know what you think

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your Blind and stupid, and thats as nice as I can put it.

3. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Did you watch the game? The Jets played the best I've seen since I can't remember.

4. Bill Belicheat

Bill Belicheat New Member

the dline was solid today

5. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

I thought they played fine, the Phins couldn't run for a lick, plus Sean Ellis had a sack.

Several times I noticed Jenkins with excellent penetration into the backfield.

6. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

jesus is it release day from the retard unit?? Pace , ellis , jenkins were immense.

The heat played a major part in jenkins having little effect in the 4th qtr.

The D won us the game!!

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

D Line was great today. They were gassed at the end but they were out their a long time on a hot day. They stuffed the run and got a lot of pressure until they ran out of gas.

8. allan1

allan1 Active Member

what are you nuts?

how many yards did the fish run for today

and we got some solid pressure on Chad

9. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I disagree with you, i thought our d line did a excellent job stopping the run

10. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

We got 4 sacks and consistently got pressure. The line gave up 2.9 YPC to the Phins. You really can't do too much batter than that.

Our problem lies in that second safety spot. They kept throwing at Smith/Barrett and they were not playing tight at all.

11. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

The d-line played fine limiting the run game and was good most of the time getting pressure on the QB. What was completely unacceptable was the lack of pass coverage by the LBs, seems like they made every 10-15 catch today.

12. IATA

IATA Trolls

They seemed to get tired late, cause there was NO pressure on the last 2 or 3 Dolphag drives.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'll Tell you the same thing I told Costco....

Miami was 17 for 49 for a 2.9 Avg!!!!
    WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING!!!????

You guys should get a room together...:rolleyes:

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Huh? The D line was great today, except for not getting pressure on the last drive. Pace, Thomas, Jenkins, and Ellis all had excellent games.

15. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

I have to admit I wasn't crazy about the play called on 3rd and 7. The Jets are paying Favre a lot of money, and then just took the ball out of his hands. Much too conservative of a call. But except for a little anxiety, it didn't turn out to bite us.

16. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Yeah, I was going to mention Jenkins...he's a big boy, and i think the heat killed him. He took a few series off...But I think our defense was the best I've seen it in years. Granted the Fins O-line isn't very good, but I liked the pressure and sacks. Lowery played great obviously, saving that last touchdown. I just have one question...WTF cant Ben Graham kick a field goal from 20yds???? What does he do all day then?? I really didn't like our play calling in the 4th. It's been a while since the Jets had a lead in the 4th qtr, and we looked scared. Also, where was Coles? I saw at least 3 times that he was interfered with, but other than that he was completely shut down, or not on the field??? Is he really hurt?

17. TampaBayJetsFan85

Wow...Our D-Line sucked today? Are you even a Jets fan bro? Have you seen our run defense over years? We usually give up 120+ on the ground, today...Our D-Line was solid and Ellis was making some plays and you know what? Jenkins did an amazing job as far as filling the holes go.

Did you really just say that the Jets D-Line sucked today? wow...

18. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

did you watch the game?!?!? the run defense was pretty stout. penny was under pressure most of the day. pace was an animal. Granted a sack or two on the last drive would have been nice, but generally the defense played pretty well.

ghost had several pressures
    lowery was awesome and basically cemented the starting position at corner
    pace as mentioned was sick
    barton was active
    revis was very good. etc etc

cmon dude.

19. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

d-line was pretty good stopping the run and got a few sacks, but it seems to me that they ran out of gas near the end. that said, pace was awesome. i'm going to call 14 sacks this year. thomas was good, though he needs to work on pass coverage. ellis was also good, but gassed near the end. harris was ok, barton had a bad penalty. lowery and revis were fantastic. rhodes was his usual pro bowl self. but man, the second safety/barton consistently left the TE open.

we really should have won 30-7 or so. bad execution and stupid mistakes made it close. i'll take the win, though.

20. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

the dline in the last drive wasnt good...penny to fasano all day long...no presure...when it counted there was no presure..peny had too much time to throw...i think you were all blind