Jet's Chant In Sports Bars

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by iceman, Sep 5, 2008.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

At the sports bar that I attended to watch the games, Jets fans are always in the minority. May be I'm getting too old but chanting at these bars seems to be out of place. It' great at the stadium, dedicated Jet's bars or even away games. Does everyone else chant at sports bars?

2. Gator

Gator Active Member

Depends. If you're with a bunch of Jets fans in NY or Florida and the Jets game is on there is no doubt a J! E! T!S! JETS! JETS! JETS! chant will occur. Now, if you're in New England and you start with the J! E!....you'll probably be out on your ass before you get to the T!

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I was at the ESPN bar in New York for the 2000 game against the Bucs. When Chrebet caught the game-winning TD the place erupted with chants of "Four and Oh!, Four and Oh!" There was a poor Bucs fan there in his Bucs jersey and another chant started - "Take it off! Take it off!". Then there was a shot of Keyshawn on the big screen and the whole place erupted in boos.

Without doubt that was my happiest ever moment as a Jets fan. I was drunk too.

4. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

My friends and I were tossed from Mc Sorley's once for breaking into the J-E-T-S chant one drunken Friday night years ago.

5. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

At Yankee Doodles in the San fernando valley, CA we used to chant after scores. They have since changed our watering hole to a clothing store.

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I think it is a little over the top, especially if other teams' fans are there and being quiet, just watching their team. If it's the playoffs it's different.

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm a huge Keyshawn fan, still wear the #19 to a lot of games, but that was great. Right after Chrebet caught the winning TD CBS cut right to a close-up of Keyshawn just glaring. After the shit he talked that week he had it coming.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I've always been a Keyshawn fan too. I loved Chrebet, but Keyshawn should have been the centerpiece of the offense for his entire career.
    ----------------------

As for the chant, I think it's appropriate any time, any place. Just a few weeks ago, at my wedding reception, my guys and I broke out into a J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets! chant.

Granted it was the weekend after Brett became a Jet, but regardless, there's never a wrong time to be a proud Jets fan.

Well, except maybe in January...

9. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

im in CT and we do that at the bars all the time. my area has a very large majority jets/giants so it doesnt bother anyone. i can tell you that ill be leading them this sunday, thats for sure:beer:

10. bpjets

bpjets New Member

We (central Florida) wait intill we have a 30 point lead with 10 seconds to go...then we do it

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I completely agree, I was livid when they traded him. They've still never replaced what he brought, especially in the red zone. I was a fan from day one. Big Chrebet fan, wearing my #80 right now, but Keyshawn was one of the first pieces and a major piece in turning the franchise around.

12. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

On an unrelated note, I have a neighbor who grew up in Albany and is a Yankees and Pats fan (hmmmm). Anyway, she is always coming up to me and saying: P-A-T-S PATS, PATS, PATS.

Naturally, I'm like: WTF are you talking about? Thats the Jets cheer, not the Pats cheer you stupid b*t*h. Incredibly irritating.

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

A punch on the nose would have sufficed :smile:

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I don't go to bars to watch the games, I just watch them in my house.

I do the chant by myself at kickoff, no shame in admitting it :beer:

15. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

F it. I'm the ONLY Jets fan at the sports bar I go to every Sunday. But when we get a TD, or a huge play, I f'n belt the chant out. Sometimes one or two of my buddies join in, because it might get me to buy them a beer. The point is, scream that chant at the top of your lungs.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

we are JETS FANS!!

17. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Damn straight I scream the cheer whether there is 1 fan or 20. I had about 10 philly fans who werent thrilled with me lasrt year when they beat us. Screw em. They never came near me. Helps to be 6'3" 350. Not a bad ass....just big. Some real bad calls in that game drove me crazy

18. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

I haven't had to watch the games in a sports bar for a little while, but up to 3 years ago, I lived in Chicago and would watch the games at this place across from Wrigley. the TV's were spaced apart enough so it was the Jet fans and the fans from the other team--(rarely was the Jet game on the big tv). If we had enough guys and we were sitting together, we would chant--like when Cotchery ran back that kickoff for a TD we went apeshit. But if it was just one or two of us there, no chant and sometimes we wouldn't even be sitting next to each other.

19. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

Just a side OT note, the eagles fans do that gay ass E-a-g-l-e-s eagles chant EVERYWHERE. No lie, they do it at phillies games (it started a fight with my friends), they do it at the supermarket, they do it while their having sex.

I love our chant, it actually makes sense and sounds good. But I hope we never get to the eagles level and do it with things that have nothing to do with football and EVERYWHERE.

20. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

i was at that game, a great moment indeed