Week # 1 Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Aug 29, 2008.

1. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I really think you're getting ahead of yourself. We (Jets fans) are looking at a team that went 10-6 two years ago that had a horrendous year last year and made significant moves to improve in the offseason. We are also looking at playing a team that has gone 6-10 and 1-15 in the last two year. The spread favors the Jets on the road. Not to mention that there are two really tough games in the first quarter of the season for the Jets so losing to the fish could doom the entire season.

You are looking at the rebuilding process, perhaps even some good strong positive steps down the rebuilding path. Take it from a rebuilding expert, you see the positives but underestimate the holes in the team. It's OK, we've all been there.

A bit of confidence that the Jets will win does not seem to be too far over the top.

Perhaps the Jets will not jell in time for week 1, I'm banking on the theory that they've jelled enough.

p.s. as for fish fans outweighing the Jets fans, I guess that could be, but there will probably be more Jets fans. :up:

2. Brown42000

Brown42000 New Member

The weather advantage is a fact look at the numbers and while your at it look u highlights form the Dolphins vs. Broncos game from 2005 on opening day where Miami beat them 34-10. That was the year the Broncos went to the AFC Championship and the heat was a huge reason why they lost.

Ginn won't always be lined up on the same side of the field as Rhodes but this is a pointless debate so I won't bother because each player will make their plays.

Joy Porter has always been a leader and knows how to get a team fired up and Channing Crowder has really stepped up so far being very energetic and spending countless hours in the film room showing he can be the leader with Zach's departure. Something many fans weren't sure he would be able to do.

Two rookies on the defensive line will get extensive playing time with Langford starting. Rookie or not him and Merling are huge and can play don't discount them because they are rookies.

Sunday can't get here soon enough as I just want to see them play already.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You know fans are depserate to find something to hang their hats on when they start mentioning weather in Spetember and what if the other team is over looking us. Its hot as hell here and we are focused on game 1. If you are going to beat us, you are going to do so without the help of the heat and us not being ready. Count on it, this team is on a mission. These players still have the taste of 4-12 in theor mouths and we are not re-building.

4. Mr. Papagiorgio

I'm more concerned about the rain in the forecast slowing down our passing game, than I am about the heat. We also have a lot of new players, so you never know if we'll have a lot of dumb penalities like we did in the third pre-season game.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm concerned because we're the Jets and we think we're going to be good. That's not usually been a recipe for success.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Broncos play in an area where the air is thin, not thick and humid. And that was 2005, the last winning season for Miami. Fucking Pointless.

Yeah but Revis will be on him all game. Enjoy.

Ginn's preseason was nice, but his best plays came against the Chiefs, a Herm Edwards team. His speed is a threat though, but don't count on a long pass the entire season. Henne, who I think will bring the Fins back to the winning team they are known for being, will use Ginn's speed effectively. Chad won't.

Henne is the next pain in the ass for the AFC East. I like him the most after Matt Ryan. Anyone who leads Michigan to the Rose Bowl as a true freshman is not a shitty player.

7. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Now is not the time to get cold feet!

We'll know quickly this season whether to throw in the towel of hope or not.

8. Bosko

Bosko Guest

VEry well said:

But I am optimistic because we never had a QB like Favre before either.

Look, I was all over this board months ago SCREAMING AND YELLING that, although the Jets had improved the D-line and the O-line, the most important position on the field was a toss-up between Chad and Kellen... Dumb and Dumber. Bad and Worse. Without Brett Favre, I think the Jets would be looking at a 6-12 season at best.

But if you have watched this team in the preseason?

Man, the sky is the limit.

(Assuming there are no injuries of course!)

9. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

kerry rhodes will sack chad end of story

10. Brown42000

Brown42000 New Member

The weather argument is going right over your head so I'm done with that.

What has Revis done to make you so confident? I'm sure he will be a great player but what has he done so far to make you think he is a shutdown corner? Which you are implying in your statement.

Ginn also had some nice plays against Jacksonville but all you see is what the networks show which is often big plays ala the Ginn punt return. Ginn won't need deep passes to make a big play because he is one of the fastest if not the fastest player in the league.

11. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I have a weather argument

[​IMG]

Hopefully she doesn't grow, slow down or send a massive storm surge into Miami. This storm could be beneficial to the Jets however. Its high winds would limit ole noodle arm from passing the ball.

I say we start a petition and get the game moved to NY. It doesn't look safe down there in Miami or does it :)

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The question is, will Miami put the tarp on the field? Anyone see Don Shula this week?

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

^^^Hanna will be long gone from the FLA area.

14. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I believe our D will need to win this one for us. I am not looking for Favre to out play Chad for this first game.

15. #17 with a bullet

I certainly hope our "D" doesn't have to win this game for us. A win is a win but we should steamroll the fish.

16. #17 with a bullet

I hope so :) It looks as though she will but these things are unpredictable sometimes.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You're holding onto this weather thing like its such a deciding factor.

Revis is highly touted by not only coaches around the league but the experts as well are all looking at this year as his breakout year. I'm confident he'll be a young shutdown corner. 2nd year in the league will grant a few more growing pains, but he's going to be one hell of a player this year.

18. Hallowed

Hallowed New Member

The Jets are going to get destroyed on Sunday. Book it.

The Jets can't run and can't stop the run. And they are going up against a team (in the heat mind you), that can do both very well. You're finished.

As a matter of fact, Miami had BY FAR the best home record in September for a 25 year stretch.. The 2nd team on the list wasn't even close.. If you think the humidity in NY is the same at this time of year during camp, you are fooling yourselves into oblivion.. Try sticking your arm in an oven at 350 degrees.. That's how it feels like as you walk out the door at 1pm on a sunny day in south florida at this time of year.,.. There's an instant film of sweat on your arms as soon as you step outside. It's not a joke.. And it's nothing like NY at this time of year.

You better hope to god it's very cloudy. or it rains......

And between 1994 and 2003 the Fins didn't lose a single home game at home in September (including against the Jets many times), for a reason. Those were the years we had hard practices in the heat and destroyed teams in September.. Well, the intense offseason regimen in training camp is back.. And so are the dolphins. The country club (club med) atmosphere in camp is OVER.. Parcells isn't messing around or cutting any corners here......

And I laugh when I hear Mangini has been taking it easy on the vets in camp this year and giving the vets a few days off here and there.. LOL.... The Jets will be so out of shape, and they will be going into a hornet's nest on Sunday..The jets are going to get killed physically in that heat on Sunday.. I guarantee it. The last 2 times the Jets went to Miami in the season opener, the scores were 30-3 and 52-14 in Miami's favor.

Ricky Williams is 4-1 against the Jets. Make it an easy 5-1 this Sunday. The "Gang Green" are going to get their asses kicked up and down the field all day long, and kicked hard on September 7th.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Fins were 32nd in the run last year. I stopped reading after the 2nd line because you obviously don't know anything. Miami was also 30th in pts allowed.

Get over this heat thing.

20. Hallowed

Hallowed New Member

Edited......

#200 Hallowed, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008