Week # 1 Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

easy 8 in the box. or zone blitzes. yeah penny can read d's but we can jump lofted passes too. you know why. cuz i watched opposing d's do it to us all the time with pennington under center.

theres no fuckin way our run d wont be better. unless coleman and ellis dont pull their weight. our linebackers are good against the run and kris jenkins is a beast. lets hope cj mosely looks as good as last yr in spell duty though.

what it really comes down to is. no more jason taylor. no more zach thomas. no secondary. will allen looks like he might be good. not enough this year for this defense to be taken seriously. their best player actually might be an aged jason ferguson.

point blank. the dolphins dont scare anyone.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

havent the jets been practicing in that type of weather all summer???? so doesnt it make more sense to play in it early rather than to have to deal with it later in the year when it gets cooler everywhere else? If anything I love the idea of playing in miami week 1...its not like its been 60 here...its been 80 - 85 and humid consistently.

3. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Again, we'll see.

4. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

i asked my friend 2 days(whose a diehard phins fan) ago who the best player on the dolphins was and after 5 min of thinking he came up with joey porter, point being the phins suck

5. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Seems like EVERYONE is worried because Brett Favre is "new" to the Jets offense. Me? I think this is a smokescreen. I think the Jets want people to think tha Brett is all confused and all, so that they won't be able to prepre for the upcoming Jets offense. Which will be a killer.

Anyhow, why don't I hear similar concerns about Chad and his adjustments in Miami? From all reports, it seems like the Jets should be quaking in their boots because they are facing The great Chad Pennington this week.

Hello? It's Favre vs. Pennington. Who you wanna bet your mortgage on?

6. Phear

Phear New Member

Favre > Pennington

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The thing I find most intriguing about this game is that if the Jets jump out to a lead you are going to see very little of what this team may have. You may even see Coles and Ellis back on the bench. You certainly won't see any fancy defensive formations and obviously, all of this because of NE being the game 2 opponent.

8. Al13

Al13 Member

its always hard to shutout a team and if i can recall we didnt shut them out, we absolutely stomped it down their throat, i tell all you guys who are looking ahead to week 2 already will be in for a rude awakening, its gonna bE HOT, just look 2 years ago how the so called favorite denver broncos came in our house and absolutely melted in the 4th quarter, i hope the old man favre is ready for the heat.

9. Al13

Al13 Member

i will quote your post on monday when im back home.....

10. Al13

Al13 Member

hey man we dont talk about a team that is run by a coach who invested for the final shot in bringing in all those veterans to save his job, we are talkin about a team that was build through the draft and UDFA?s, we have 23 new players on that team compared to last year, we added size, toughness and YOUTH to this club, so i dont know what this has to do with last years team when 50% of last years players are not there anymore.

11. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Seeing as how Favre is from Mississippi I'm thinking the heat and humidity shouldn't be a problem.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Oh, so one off season and your team is built through the draft. You started to fix the team. Its going to take a couple of years so be patient. Hey, you should be better then the Chiefs so that's a step in the right direction.

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

It would be nothing short of a disasterous opening to the season if the Jets were to lose to the Phins. The Jets had better win handily for them to be considered players in this year's playoff/wildcard race.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Just win baby 2-0 for all I care. How much does not matter. You can't lose division games to an inferior opponent, especially the Dullfins.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am concerned that the pressure would all seem to be on the Jets to win this game, and not much on Miami.

Still, as others have noted, unless Miami can really run it well, I see little chance the Jets lose. It's not like Chad has beaten many by himself over the last few, and the Jet D knows his game.

But the Jet run D is still something of a question mark. I still see it as likely being much improved, but that's on paper - still gotta get it done in the game.

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

To inspire them to victory this week they have appointed some NYJ killers as they are called on Miami radio to be honorary captains this week

Duhe
    Duper
    Clayton
    Marino

17. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I find it amusing your Jets won 3 whole games more then my Dolphins and you're telling us how little we can expect this year with all the crap players we have, while telling everyone else your teams talent is vastly superior. I think both teams made a bunch of changes. I also think it's a bit premature to assume your team will be better, till they actually prove it. The way you talk, your team has played three years with the players you have now and you fell just 3 points shy of a SB victory lasy year.

How do you know Brett will produce? How do you know your run defense is better then a year ago? How do you know what your running game will be? How do you know what injuries you'll sustain? How do you know it won't take Brett 5 games to fully understand the offense? You don't, you don't any of this. I'll promise one thing, everything "YOU THINK" is gonna be wonderful and rosie, won't be.

Miami has no pressure to produce, no one expects anything from this team. We will be overlooked all year, you don't think that gives the Dolphins an edge the Jets won't have? Miami had 1, 1-15 season not 3, we had a top 5 defense and top 20 offense in 06. We had a bad season in 07, a lot of things went wrong, it can happen to any team. We were in 7 games last year that were lost by 3 points or less. Half our starters were injured from week 6 on. I think you're going way overboard with your opinion of the Dolphins.

If you knew anything about this rivalry, you wouldn't be thinking this is gonna be such a cake walk. You know what Miami gets if they lose to the Jets Sunday? "Well the Dolphins are rebuilding nd were the worst team in the league last year", you know what the Jets will get if they lose to the Dolphins on Sunday? "Well if I were Managini, I'd have to be a bit concerned about the moves I made this offseason, if you can't beat the worst team in football, then you obviously didn't fix the problems from a year ago and may have made them worse".

Overreaction? Yes, but that's what will be said. And Miami will get the same crap all year. Teams looking past us thinking we are still 1-15. Talent is only half the story, winning teams have something to play for and and something to prove. No teams in the lague has more to play for and more to prove then the Dolphins.

#137 feelthepain, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  18. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

I'm pretty worried about this game. Parcells has rebuilt the phins O and D lines rather quickly. Pennington has claimed this in the best O-line he has ever played behind. If Brown and Williams can get going on the ground, we're gonna be in for a dogfight.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's Jets-Dolphins, throw it all out the window, it will be a barn-burner. Just get ready for this site to crash if we lose and Chad throws the winning TD.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Are you sure you don't mean Rickey Williams said that? I haven't seen or heard anything from Penny like that.

I agree that it could be a long day if they can control the game with there running attack. If we can contain there running game and force 3rd and longs we should be able to handle them.

Is that what you're rooting for?

#140 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2008