Week # 1 Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Aug 29, 2008.

1. TampaBayJetsFan85

Favre and the Jets- 27 (3 TD's with 2 FG's)

Pennington and the Dolphins- 9 (3 FG's)

NYJ-27
    MIA-9

I bet Pennington also throws 2 or 3 Int's while getting sacked 3 or 4 times behind that "Offensive Line" Of the Dolphins!

I cant wait to see Mangini and the Jets stack 8 men in the box all game long

2. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

INSANE!!!! I cant wait ...im counting down the days ...the place is going to be Electric ...when that first J E T S chant gets going ..im gonna be in heaven!

3. TeamJets2K6

TeamJets2K6 New Member

Good Post Compelling Argument!

But you guys have Chad.....So that means field goals and Interceptions...Hope Henne is as promising as reports have been out of Miami

But still Good Post.....

4. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

A lot is being made of Pennington possibly knowing the Jets offense better than Favre, so it will be a Phin knife that's sharp on both edges -- Favre won't be clicking with his offense, while Pennington will have knowledge dumped what he knows to Phin defense and they will be able to take full advantage of tendencies and Favre lapses.

However if that is true there could be a edge for Jets here too -- if Phin defense are too confident in their belief that they know what the Jets will do, Favre, moreso than any quarterback in the league except possibly Peyton, can turn that against them by audibling at the line. Assuming he is on the same page with at least one or two of his receivers already in that first game (which is maybe a reason Franks could be a key in that game specifically, even if not over the long haul this year).

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's probably good that Favre doesn't have the whole thing down the way Pennnington did. You know Miami is going to use the info he can provide, that's almost as good as videotaping our signals--not that anyone would stoop to that. :grin: But Favre is aware of it too and nobody can improvise like he can.

6. rillo

rillo New Member

This game won't be easy, I'm predicting a FG game. Jets win!

7. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Yeah it sounds like we're on the exact same wavelength here.

All that can be said for sure is that -- while it will be an intriguing game for all NFL fans (the #4 in green and white factor, the Tuan factor, etc) -- it should be an absolutely fascinating game for long time Jets fans. I know for a time I and many of my friends were absolutley buzzing in anticipation of the hugeness of Favre taking the field at Lambeau on opening day next week, but wearing purple not green and gold. That game would have gotten 99% ratings in the upper midwest. Jets vs. Miami must hold the same level of fascination for a lot of you east coasters.

8. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Maybe that's what Pennington gave the Mangini lead Jets, but we have yet to see what Chad will do in this offense. You seem to forget that Favre wasn't wanted by the team he lead for som many years. Does that mean Brett sucks and he doesn't have any talent? No, so don't assume because the Jets didn't want Chad he's no longer a good QB. Last year Brett was on a team talented enough to dominate most of the season. Last year Chad was on a 4-12 Jets team that didn't do any better once Chad was replaced. So while you want to give all the credit to Brett for the 12-4 season and blame everything on Chad for the 4-12 season. There's far more to both outcomes then simply the QB play.

Chad was the most successful in NY when he had a good running game, since the Jets running game has been so bad the last few years, defense we able to focus less on the running game and more on the passing game against NY. Not everything falls on Chad as to the lack of success in NY. I see Jet fans try to convince everyone that was the case, and now that Chads gone suddenly all the Jets problems are solved. However, everyone in the division was able to follow the Jet, you can get stats anywhere and it's no secret the Jets had a lot more then QB issues.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

As long as Chad is throwing 4th quarter pick 6s and struggling in the red zone, the Fins are going to lose. This kid Henne, however, when ready, is going to be a fucking nightmare.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Pennington can't possibly know the Jets offense because we had no long down field plays in it the entire time he was here.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He's thrown 2 or 3 red zone picks in his career man, what are you talking about?

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I must agree. Very true, we had way many more issues than QB. Yes, Chad is still a good QB and can do very well with a well-groomed supporting cast. I just think that the supporting cast for Chad is an unknown right now and may not be quite where it needs to be.

Now, in fairness, the same kinds of things can be said about the Jets. New QB, a lot of new cast, chemistry, gelling, etc. The only contrast is that we are under the 3rd year of the current management regime and the pieces recently installed are part of a plan that already had some momentum (be it a bit smaller than we all thought after year one, but still, momentum).

I think much more is at stake for us if we do not succeed vs. Miami - even with Parcells I do not think anyone will be brow beating the Phins if they caugh from time to time this year. Nonetheless, Miami should have an improved year over last year (and I won't be stupid and say 1 game better like an arrogant NE fan); I think you could win 6 or so.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Yeah I think the Jets will challange the Pats this year and finish no worse then 2nd. I think...and I know some here will disagree, but I think the Dolphins finish 3rd in the division. If they do, I'll consider the season a success after the 1-15 season we produced in 07.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

His Red Zone efficiency has steadily declined since 04.

The pick 6's are at the Jets own 20-45 yard line at the start of the "final drive"

15. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Yes well the QB you now have never throws Int's......ur uh, wait scratch that, nevermind.

16. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

We dont want to get into the reasons behind that stat do we?

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The difference is that A) Pennys are almost always short passes, B) Favres are more often deep passes, C) Favre throws WAAAY more TD's.

18. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

I think your dolphins will be much better and im really intrested to see how miami utilizes chad as compared to how shotty did. The dolphins run game is going to be good and youll get no argument from me on that point but the bills got stroud and improved defensively and the jets did an overhaul which will dramitically improve the run d imo. So while you may have improved, your biggest strength will be offset by improvements within the division. I also think the fish will be much more physical which i hope will take its toll on our afc east bretherin. Ultimately i hope chad is just good enough to keep henne off the field thus stunting his development because i think he will be very good eventually.

19. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I think Stroud is overrated. I mean Jacksonville basically gave the guy away. Also think about what he came from and where he's going. He went from one of the best defenses in the league and a playoff team, to a defense that was ranked 31st each of the last two seasons and a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 99. He goes from the warmt south to the cold wet north. We shall see how things shake out, but I like Miami's coaching and talent more then Buffalos.

20. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Stick to disecting your own team. Chad had the most success in NY when he had a good running game, a good offensive line and good receivers. Of which, to this point, we know Miami only has potentially a good running game. Trust me on this one, Chad is NOT the kind of QB that makes OK guys around him better. If, and that's a big if, he gets very good protection and his RB's can get loose on dump offs, then yes, he can be successful.

And as much as you've seen Jet fans talking Chad down, I've seen twice as many fin fans singing his praises after 8 years of saying how horrible he was. Goes both ways...