Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

The expensive seats won't be empty. But most people will try to move up to the no PSL area. Its going to be interesting on how far back you have to be to get seats up there with no PSL.

2. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

ok so the coaches club auction is open to everyone? then the rest of what you posted after that is still wrong :wink:

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

90% of the club seats will go to corporations. Bank on it.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Can't even image how much they will end up going for. At least 100k each.

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The seats down below will be available at the beginning of Phase 2. 53,000 seats will go to whoever bids in that phase. And that's my point... Woody is trying to get desperate newer season ticket holders to buy PSL seats to ensure they get season tickets.

6. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Again, not necessarily. If you value transfer rights, the ability to pass your seats down to your kids, etc., you will have to at least consider grabbing PSL seats. I know I am. I actually kind of wish we had the Giants situation now, where transfer rights are retained even in the cheap seats upstairs, at a cost of $1000 spread over 3 payments.

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

That sounds about right for the average. So Woody stands to make about 200M in Phase 1 alone.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Aha..I see now and I was just thinking about the 2000 club seats. They are open to anybody which means companies will bid on them. It's a 1 time charge so they may offer a million per seat. If they do that will make him 2 billion dollars which is 4x what the Jets investment in the new stadium is.

Nice day's work Woody.

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If they make enough in the auction they should lessen the rest of the PSL's (doubt it). An auction... F'ing brilliant business.

10. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

"If you are not currently a Jets season ticket holder, please join the waitlist for the chance to participate in the auction. Check back here for more information regarding the Coaches Club seat auction."

so basically I was right anyway, you can't bid on the coaches club unless you're a season ticket holder or on the waitlist....basically its open though, all you gotta do is sign up for the wait list to be able to get a crack at the coaches club.

#110 tcrock, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Same here.

12. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

You mean the part about them filling the PSL seats before they fill the non-PSL seats? Do I need to get that quote for you too?

13. KHBirdman

KHBirdman Banned

I've had seats since the Mid-60s - lower level at Shea as well as at Giant's Stadium.

So, if there are 85,000 seats or so, and 27,000 are gonna be upper level, that leaves 58,000 seats between the lower level and the Mezannine. I'd guess that there are 12,000 seats in the Mezannine leaving 46,000 lower level seats.

Of that 46,000, all Pre-1978 holders are clumped together for first priority. I'm estimating that maybe 20% of the ticket holders are from Pre-1978, meaning we'll be among the first 9,200 seats getting to select an upper level seat so we should be ok in choosing prime Non PSL Upper Level Seats.

Basically, a lot of upper level people will get bumped but will get an option to purchase a lower level PSL or go back on the waiting list.

From what I'm hearing, the Non PSL Upper Level seats are still transferrable to immediate family but not to anyone outside the immediate family.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Am I the only one confused by all of this, or am I just retarded? I just got that email now, too, but I'm still unclear. And, they most certainly aren't being clear over the seniority issue. I mean, just how are they determining that? I know the paper I have in my lockbox. They are not spelling it out, to say the least. Unless, as I said, their BS story is different now. I just emailed them. Good luck to me. I'll probably get a canned response: "Thank you for supporting the New York Jets!"

#114 jetophile, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Hey LULU! I just called you ya nutt....

16. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I plan on calling them in a few days after the initial uproar.

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It'll be like the Devil games at the Prudential Center--everyone packed into the upstairs and nobody in the prime seats.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I would imagine the first seats to go will be the 5k PSL seats. I don't think it is automatic that everyone is going to immediately run for the non psl seats.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Priority = Seniority + Current Seat Location

So, after lumping all the pre-1977 crowd into one group, the people in the most expensive, closest to the 50 yard line seats will get first dibs on the PSL seats.

If they choose to wait until Phase 3, they will get dibs on the non-PSL seats. Once you pick your section they will let you know where you seat is at the end of the given phase.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes we were told by the tix ofc that we are a "highest" priority season tix holder