Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

The only thing to do now is wait and see where you number is called, and what your options are. I don't know a single person in their right mind who will pay for the face ticket value of a club seat per game ($700-$400). So there are 82,000 seats, and only 27,000 free seats. Obviously, those 27,000 free seats will go first. Then the cheaper, then so on, and so on. The season ticket holders with 5yrs seniority and in, will pretty much be given a "take it or leave it" scenario. Do you want to pay a $20,000 PSL, and $600 per game? Or would you like to go back on the waiting list??? I don't know many Jet fans who will think the ladder option is a very smart one.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This is great news.

3. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Yes !!!!! Im In The Clear Sec 339

4. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

With PSL, you can throw the waiting list out the window.
    The way you can get seats is from people who will sell their PSLs to you or someone dumb enough to drop there season tickets in the upperdeck.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Very cute made me chuckle.

6. KHBirdman

KHBirdman Banned

You are actually not in the clear. It really doesn't matter where you sit now even if you are in the upper deck. It all comes down to how long you have owned your seats.

7. jetmike

jetmike New Member

I have had tix since 1966 but there are no records before 1977. I presently sit in 228 but there is no way I am going to pay $400/game and a seat PSL. I guess I will be back in the upper deck where I started out 43 yrs ago. I assume from what I read that each season tix holder will be assigned a number like in a bakery and it will be decided by seniority and present seat location. This seems to imply that I will have m choice of upper deck seating at the expense of other season tix holders. I don't really know a fair way of doing this but I am happy there will be no PSL in the upper deck. I guess we will have to wait for the paperwork. At least loyal long suffering jet fans like me will be able to continue to be season tix holders. Thanks Woody. Jet mike SEC 228 for now

8. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Not true. If non-PSL seats are non-transferable, as stated in the FAQ, the turnover upstairs will be greater than it is currently, where people have the option to transfer tickets to whomever they want.

9. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Yeah...I got seats from my Dad 5yrs ago...He had seasons in Shea when it opened...But I think my seniority falls only as holding tix for 5yrs...Im FUKKED

10. sect105

sect105 New Member

I Called the Jets to confirm my seniority. Even though the tickets were transferred to me by my uncle (he had them since 1970), My Seniority started in 1996, when the tickets were officially in my name.

I think I will opt to move upstairs. My PSL would be either 5,000 or 15,000. I can not tell, with the new configuration. I am in the lower corner now.

11. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

so you have had tix for 12 yrs. according to their scale. I wonder what the average seniority age for Jets ticket holders is? I would assume that 15yrs might be avg??? There will be slim pickings for the 5yr and in crowd.

12. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's going to be that simple......and for my sake I hope it's not

1) believe it of not, there are some people who are in the lower and mezz who will cough up the cash to stay there.......some people just might have to drop from 8 and 10 tix back to 4

2) there are probably some people who are currently in the upper deck that have the $$$ and will jump on the chance to get seats down low

3)obviously i hope that there's enough a combo between 1 & 2 that there's sort of a wash and that there will be an opportunity for those of us in the upper and relatively new season holders to stay there

4) and as for the pay up 20k psl or back to the wating list? if anything like that happens to me (if theres' no "non PSL" tix when they get to my number) the decision will be easy........in my house, watching on tv. some people have that type of dough to drop on football tickets, I aint one of them. 4k psl's, maybe? but even that's unlikely.there's a lot better things for me to spend my money on

13. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The way I read this is a little different.

Phase 1 - Club seat auction. These seats will go to the highest bidder, season ticket holder or not. This phase will continue until the seats are sold.

Phase 2 - Bid for PSL seats. Anyone cad bid for these seats as well, but preference will be based on seniority and current seat location. This phase will also continue until all the seats are purchased.

Phase 3 - Same as Phase 2 except no PSL to be purchased. The catch, anyone that waits until this point and misses out on a seat, is screwed.

If you're a newer upper tier season ticket holder, you better think about getting in on Phase 1 or 2, or you may no longer be a season ticket holder. It's a brilliantly sneaky way for Woody to make sure he fills his seats.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So it sounds to me that just about everybody wants to move upstairs where there are no PSLs. Does that mean everybody currently up there will now be offered better seats down below with PSLs and if they don't want them they will go to the people on the wait list?

I can't imagine they will let the expensive seats go empty.

15. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I think the process is open to interpretation...But I think the "deli counter" scenerio is correct...I would think they line up 82,000 people in order of seniority, and say "where would you like to sit?"

16. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Thats not true.
    http://www.newjetsstadium.com/faq.php

How will seat selection priority be determined?

Priority for the seat selection process will be based on account seniority and seat location. The Jets Season Ticket Holder records that have been kept in the ordinary course of business go back to 1977. Seniority of tickets that have been transferred to anyone other than immediate family members will be based on the year of the transfer. Within each year, priority will be determined by seat location. All accounts pre-1978 will be considered the same year and priority based on seat location.

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The thing is, the way the plan is worded, if you're in the upper deck you can't sit around and wait to get bumped. By the time you are bumped, the PSL seats will already have been sold out.

18. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

no i disagree, i think only the auction is open to all season tix holders and wait list members.....but everything after that is strictly in order by seniority. longest tenured get first choice and so on down the line. More recent season tix holders aren't going to have any choice but to choose from what's left after longer tenured get their choice

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Read a little more carefully.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

But how do you know if you will be bumped unless you sit around and wait? And you can't choose to pay for a PSL and move down below unless those seats become available and you won't know that until you are bumped. Sounds like a catch-22 to me.