Jets to release PSL info at noon today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Buldawg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Robert Wood Johnson, I love you.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Maybe I'll be able to stay in the stadium after all. :up:

3. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

AH! my seats are safe!! :)

4. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I believe the auction is for those who want in the Coaches Club.

5. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

haven't seen all the details yet, but no PSl's in the upper deck is music to my ears..........I still wonder how it effects me if people downstairs who have had tix longer want to move upsatirs to avoid psl's

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

wow good news, hopefully the view from the uppers are as good in the new stadium as they are in the current.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its going to be a battle to sit upstairs no matter where you sit now. Its going to about seniority, not where you currently sit. Newer upper deckers will be kicked to lower levels and the lower level people with seniority will have priority over them. That's my thoughts BTW. Pork-314, nice job on the ribs

8. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I should have upper bowl seats for next year after my deferral this year. But will the many, many folks who refuse the $4k and up PSLs for better seats be given the chance for those 27k PSL-free seats? That's what I assume will happen based on seniority. And if that's the case, I think it will be hard to get one of the 27k free ones.

Shoot - I think I should have bought those 4 seats this year so I had *some* seniority....

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

thats great news for all season ticket holders. I'm happy for all of you, and I am still vowing to one day make it to a home game... (I live in central NY so it's quite the trek for me...)

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So, I'm thinking this. He is giving up 27 million up top and getting it back down below. This will keep the stadium full for now. He also has the option to come back in 3 or 5 or 10 years and charge for PSLs in those upper seats because they haven't done so now. That way it isn't a double charge. Pretty brilliant.

11. KHBirdman

KHBirdman Banned

Go Woody !

I just got hard reading Woody's PSL Plan.

Gotta love NO PSL's for the 27,000 upper deck seats.

But the part that I love is that Seat Location will be based on how long you've been a season ticket holder.

So, I've had season tickets since 1965 in the lower level which I won't be paying a $20,000 PSL for each of the 5 seats.

But, based on Seniority, I'll be able to pick seats in the Upper Bowl.

What is gonna happen is that at a certain point, people who have received season tickets in recent years will get bumped back to the waiting list.

Giant Fans must NOT be happy hearing out Plan. Hey...they got a Super Bowl but I may be able to still attend Jets games !

But heck...I'm happy as all hell right now !

W-O-O-D-Y, Woody, Woody, Woody !!!

12. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Here's the seating chart for the Jets PSL.
    http://98.129.65.179/seating_chart.php

I'm section 127, 20k for my pair of seats. With 20% down payment and 5 year financing, I might just do it.
    Do you think the no PSL for the upperdeck is a way to fairing sell concerts and events in the stadium with the upperdeck Jets season ticket holders missing out?

13. baamf

baamf Active Member

Upon first read this seems like pretty good news; no PSLs in the upper decks. Two things though that still need to be determined. First, how many folks are going to get bounced based on their lack of seniority. Secondly, and more important, what are the ticket prices going to be? Woody may have decided to not force PSLs to the uppers but may still get his money in the ticket prices. We shall see...

14. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

http://98.129.65.179/seating_chart.php

Clear details are already up on the Jets stadium site. $125-$95 for upperdeck seats.

15. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

well i don' think people in the uppers now will get bumped back to the waiting list.....they'll just get an opportunity to buy PSL tickets if there are no more upper deck seat avail....I can deal with 4k psl's finance over 5 years if I must

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Taking this at face value, I am a very very happy season ticket holder right now. I hope the reality of this holds up.

17. baamf

baamf Active Member

18. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

From the Jets Stadium cite:

SEAT PURCHASE PROCESS

Sale of seats in the new stadium will use a priority system that accounts first for how long you have been a season ticket holder according to Jets box office records and then to your current seat location. Waitlist members will have the opportunity to purchase seats after season tickets holders have had their chance.

All 27,000 seats in the upper bowl - more than one-third of the entire stadium - do not require a PSL. With the exception of the Coaches Club, the PSLs for the remaining seats vary in price from $4,000 to $25,000. PSLs for the 2,000 Coaches Club seats will be sold through an auction open to current season ticket holders and waitlist members.

Following the auction, the remaining seats will be sold through a staged sales process over the next year. The first stage will be Club Member PSL seats, followed by PSL Owner seats and No-PSL seats. Those with the highest priority will select first in each stage. Depending on availability, season ticket holders will be able to upgrade to a Club Member PSL seat or purchase a No-PSL seat in the best available location.

19. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

Also from Jets Stadium site:

BENEFITS

PSL owners in the lower bowl and mezzanine seats will also receive these exclusive rights and privileges:

* Incredible sightlines
    * Access to VIP reserved parking
    * More legroom and cupholders at every seat
    * Option of purchasing tickets to other events and concerts (Subject to terms and availability.)
    * Right to transfer or sell PSL in the future
    * Ability to finance over 5 years

PSLs for lower bowl and mezzanine seats range from $4,000 - $20,000.