Peter King Defends His D*ckheaded Comments

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

But they didn't get my $ for parking or overpriced beverages/food. I didn't have to pay toll for the tunnel/bridge. I didn't waste gas going to a game. I didn't spend two hour in traffic, each way. King's an idiot.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

BS. Who the hell lives "in town." East Rutherford? People live in New Jersey, New York, and Long Island, not East Rutherford, and either way, it's out of the way for a lot of people. And a lot of season ticket holders don't want to make an hour drive in many cases to see two series. I did, but I'm insane.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Sorry But I Agree With Peter King...i Was At The Game And I Was Expecting A Much Larger Turnout. It Was Embarassing To Be Honest.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

You're kidding right?

The ovation Favre got when he ran out onto the field was the best preseason ovation I have ever seen ANYONE get from Jets fans... EVER!

For a preseason game, the place was loaded. And just as sure once Favre hit the bench 1/5 of the place cleared out.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Fuck the press creds. If you consistently read his articles, which I do because no one else has national shit for free, you'd learn he loves your team a lot, and the Celtics, and the Sox.

My only wonder is, however, when Boston's little reign is over with, what will he fill up his non football thoughts with?

#25 NDmick, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the only thing i got out of that article is that he enjoys having brett favres semen in his mouth...

thats all this is all about.

and here i am annoyed that there are now so many brett favre dickriders and this guy is saying why arent you riding his dick... what a joke... i am actually disgusted.

7. billo83

billo83 Member

Well he's right about one thing - he doesn't get it. I traveled from NC primarily to see Favre in training camp and the game, but I wouldn't criticize anyone for not attending a practice game. This fat turd doesn't pay for tickets or parking, and I'm sure he doesn't pay for any of the 50 pounds of food he stuffs in his fat face at the stadium. And as another poster said, I'm sure he has a limo or some other transportation where he doesn't have to sit in traffic getting out of the game.

I stayed at a friends house in CT and I figured I spent over $100 on parking, food and drinks, gas, and tolls. This of course doesn't include ticket cost. It also took me 3 hours to get back from the game. I didn't mind because I never get to see Jets home games at the Meadowlands, but in todays economic times I can't blame anyone for not attending considering the cost and travel time for a PS game.

That being said, I would have a problem if the season home opener is not full but I'm sure that will not be the case.

8. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Peter King struck gold with those comments. Nobody cares what he says otherwise, so it's in his own best interest to milk the situation for all it's worth.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

gotta go with king on this one.

the first thing every member of this board does when they log in is look for Jetcane's eye witness reports from PRACTICE. so we all admit it really IS a big deal. so to call a pre-season game where the team and all the new guys are PLAYING their asses off for real 'a waste of time' does not make sense.

if pre-season is 'meaningless', how do you explain the rabid response to TC reports of players getting ready to play a 'meaningless game'?

we devour every scrap of info, but then when the product is put out there for us to see and evaluate for ourselves we claim it's 'meaningless'. a hassle? yes. meaningless? no.

now go apologize to mr king and see ya at the giants game.

10. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Very true.

And a sellout in MSG= 19,500.

Meadowlands 1/2 full= 30,000.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, here is the point as I see it. If pre-season tickets were not forced on season ticket holders and available to the general public do you really think that stadium would have been a third full? I don't. It would have been packed. What does that say about ticket holders?

12. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

That many ticket holders just dont want to go through the hassle of driving through/to NJ, paying for overpriced concession food and drinks, and prefer to save their resources for the regular season.

For this game, if the tickets were on sale to the general public, there would have been better attendance, as many who dont have season tickets would have gone to see Favre. But that is not the case for most pre-season games.

And if the stadium was centrally located and in Manhattan, a lot of people could have chosen to go there as a last minute decision as a thing to do on a saturday night, and taken mass transit to get there.

#32 Jetcane, Aug 20, 2008
  13. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Thanks for the props, but it comes down to supply and demand.

people can stay home and watch a PS game for themselves.

the only way to find out what is going on at practice is to read reports since TC obviously isnt televised.

14. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

Just a thought IMO.
    Every year like clock work. King writes some pretty bone head stuff.

And every year like clock work threads are started blasting the guy.
    (Did you hear what King said.. King is a Patsies homer.. And so on and so on)

So the general concusses is not too may Jets fans like the guy.
    I sure don't.

So I never read him.

But by starting threads about him, writing letters and emails in about him, he has done his job, kept his ratings up, and made his bosses money. And he's won.

So...
    Don't read him.
    Don't acknowledge him
    Don't watch any show he is on
    Read any paper he prints in.
    Don't click any web link he is on

And you know what....Maybe He'll go away.
    Or at the very least you'll be happier and His employers will loose a lot of advertising money.

#34 perfectpat, Aug 20, 2008
  15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

In August of 1969 the 1st game ever between the NYJs & NYGs @ the Yale Bowl in New Haven CT. We were the SB champs & the NYGs were the other team in NY looking to knock off the reigning SB champs.

16. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

THAT was an important preseason game. The teams played their starters and the result (Jets in blowout, of course) got Allie Sherman fired.

Peter King must be younger than he looks. Anyone else heard of 35-year-olds that look all of 60? Is he on heroin?

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes I know all that because I was there. However I was just replying to the other poster incorrect post

18. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

The media has painted that picture of GB for the masses and although it is unfortunate that's what the media does. Thank you.

19. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

I was up in Green Bay with work about 10 months ago... their entire downtown is built around the stadium. Its hard to imagine, and while that fan may say there are other things to do (There were some great restaurants, good bars, and... farms) Lambeau Field truly is the centerpiece of that city. I'm sure if we had a similar situation, it'd be different here too.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Many if not most of the tickets are owned either directly or indirectly through companies writing off the cost on their taxes. Those people don't go to pre-season games.

Having said that the larger point is we as Jet fans should not care what a media whore like King says about us. The controversy he generates is what he seeks. Ignore him.