Peter King Defends His D*ckheaded Comments

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

This guy needs to get over himself.....he thinks our season ticket holders are bad fans and no point can adequately rebut his reasons. He's a fat slob who I'd just as well not have talk about the jets even if Favre is our QB. He's acting like a bitch because he thought Brett would not come here and he did. We can count on King saying that, regardless of how well this season goes, NY did not treat Favre the way he deserved.

here's the article:

2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

What a douche.

3. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

2. Let's say in four years, when Kobe Bryant is considered one of the 10 best players of all time, he migrates to the Knicks in free agency, and the Knicks play their opening exhibition game at Madison Square Garden against the Wizards. You think there'd be an empty seat in the house? Dream on.

If the Jets had a stadium in the middle of Manhattan with easy subway access like MSG, there would have been a full house.

4. JW69

JW69 New Member

He is such an idiot. If he thinks it takes only 1/2 a Saturday to attend a game for most fans he has never been to a game or his fat a$$ is rolled up to the stadium at kick off and rolled back out into his limo at the end of the 3rd qtr. He is such a Pats homer and refuses to admit his journalistic integrity is biased.

5. Phyr

Phyr Member

That had me rolling.

6. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Favorite response:

• From Patrick Alexander, of Chicago: "Not a Jets fan, but even if my team lined up Jesus, Confucious, Lao Tsu, Moses and Mohammed, I wouldn't show up to a lame preseason game.''

LMAO

7. Grogan

Grogan Banned

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Bingo..... this guy is a fucking tool. How many different times did he need to say you already paid for them. Yes but like I do with my Charger tickets I give them to whoever the hell wants them. If somebody gives me money great but honestly I'm not trecking to San Diego for a preseason game. Throw in it was the same night as Michael Phelps and I'm definately not going.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

10. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I find it funny that this Douche bag fails to mention the television numbers for this pre-season game. I wonder what those were.

11. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

when has any preseason game ever been full? when joe montana went to the chiefs? when jerry rice went to the raiders? when randy moss went to the pats?

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He is making a mountain out of molehill for picking on Jets fans.

The basketball reference is ridiculous. Two different fan bases, two different sports, played at different times of year, and of course the mention of the Knicks being right in the heart of the city by another poster, playing a 20,000 seat arena vs a 80,000 seat stadium in a different state. Come on King, give it up already, you made a dumb comment and own up to it. He did fail to mention the thousands and thousands of extra fans that showed up at TRAINING CAMP the first day of Favre's practice. Do we have to throw a parade to prove our loyalty?

13. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I'd like to ask him what he would have said if the game was in Washington. Would that make us bad fans for not going to Washington and buying their season ticket holders' extras?

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

i drove 7 hours round trip for the 2 series and the place was rockin with the crowd that was there.

fuc pk. i don't blame anyone for not coming but it is true if brett wasn't starting, i wasn't going..

15. brettgirl73

brettgirl73 New Member

I agree with the comments that you have all made toward the Peter King article. I did, though, take offense to the comment that the fan (listed second in his reply) stated:

" Sorry, we are not Green Bay. This is not the only thing to do here. ..."

While I don't live in Green Bay, I live in Wisconsin and I can tell you that there is a lot to do here. Why do people outside of here think we are all small town hicks with nothing to do in our drab little lives???? Brett loved it here for 17 years......oh well, the only thing I am concerned about is that you all in NY just take good care of Brett. We care about him deeply and only want the best for him. So far, as I can see, the people of NY have been wonderful to him - I just wish people would give the people of Wisconsin a little more credit than that.

Sorry to vent, I am a new Jets fan and will be cheering for you every game.

GO JETS and GO BRETT!!!!

16. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

17. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2008/08/peter_king_digs_in_after_heari.html

Meanwhile, Jets fan blogger Andrew Weiss writes an open letter to King in Jets Blog and even the august New York Times came back at King in its Fifth down Blog:
    It was a preseason game.

Favre was going to play two series.

Some people -- and that's mostly us media folks -- have to stop behaving as if it's national news when Brett Favre belches.

18. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Flame me all you want, but I kinda agree with the guy. Preseason or not, it was a huge game and if you ever feel like fans have an effect (which I do) on the outcome of a season you should've been there. Especially if you are a season ticket holder and had the ticket anyway. It was a beautiful day, Brett Favre was starting as our QB, there was no reason the stadium shouldn't have been filled.

It's not like not showing up upsets the upper management, they got your $80+/seat anyways. Watching the Green Bay preseason makes me jealous. They have NO reason to be showing up since 90% of them are pissed off that the FO didn't try to keep Favre, but there isn't an empty seat in the house.

Even the Gints game last night looked packed in comparison to ours, and that was on a Monday in the preseason. Bleh.

JMHO

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is still right. Tough.

20. 624

624 Banned

"If you're a real Jets fan, and you've got tickets, and you're not out of town, you'd be there."

ORLY?