Favre says arm feeling 'fatigued,' will ask for fewer throws in afternoon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SigmaXJet, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

But he's Brett Favre God damn it! :wink::rofl:

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That's definitely a valid concern. From what I've read he started working with Croner in 2005 and they tweaked the program from year to year. His brother said in an article from July 3rd that he had been working out all off season. Hopefully he was following the same program or at least something similar. I doubt it was the same thing, but cannot find much info.

3. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

Agree 110 % and as for the conditioning; give him 5 weeks and he will be fine. I will take Brett playing 100 % (not fully conditioned) over 95 % of the QB's in the league who are !!!

4. 66_Ray

66_Ray New Member

You may have, but many of us didn't and Greed Bay is not where all the Packer fans reside. If you find Favre so tiresome why you over here? Or are you speaking of the back stabbers?

5. 66_Ray

66_Ray New Member

All the GB coaches, when Brett got older limited his throws. One thing though Brett will need to get to know the receivers except for Bubba. I doubt Brett ever threw a pass to Clowny, he was third or fourth team.

6. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

Thanks 66_Ray,

That would explain this quote I just read on a Packer board:

"I hope Mangini heeds Favre on the tired arm deal. They have been limiting his throws from OTAs, minicamps and Training camp since he came down with tendinitis in his elbow in 2000"

7. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

:beer:

[​IMG]

#67 Jetcane, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  8. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

OMG, Brett said his arm is tired! seasons over! oh no!

Come on people, what player isn't tired about now. Only difference is Favre is being honest about it. What would concern me is if his arm wasn't tired. His arm should be tired at this point. Every QB in the league should have a tired arm, if they were throwing darts all day long. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

9. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

AND SERIOUSLY... Wild Thing, what are you doing here? Wouldn't you feel more at home chatting it up with the teddy tossers at packersforum.com instead of coming in here on a Jets board bashing a QB and a team that you don't even like.

10. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

It's NYC. Blowing things out of proportion is a way of life here.

:wink:

11. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

can't wait for the Favre headline today

"Jets Camp: Favre prefers gatorade over water, Mangini approves"

12. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

If your thinking is so rigid and so black and white that you can't comprehend how someone can think favorably of a player while still being objective about the player's shortcomings without it being "bashing", go back to kindergarten. And if you're too lazy or too lacking in basic reading comprehension to get from my posts how much of a Packer fan and Brett Favre I am, I would suggest that you stick to subjects that you are qualified to discuss, like eating paste out of a jar and picking your nose, instead of putting words in my mouth.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This really is ridiculous though. Favre/Media stuff is out of hand and so are the fans. How can a thread about Favre being tired (what player isn't?) be nearing a 5th page? That is the power of FAVRE MANIA!

Speaking of that, my cousin in Wisconsin said his local sports store did not just get in Favre Jets jerseys, but Coles,Jones,Cotchery,Rhodes and others plus Jets hats and t-shirts. Thats crazy stuff! Packers fans are now Jets fans too.

14. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Oh, lighten up. You know, what really gets tiresome is the emotional reaction so many of the Favre fans have whenever anyone says one slightly unflattering thing about their god. For pete's sake, he's a fucking football player, not the Son of God come down to save humanity from their sins. He's got his flaws like anyone else, and if people like myself want to discuss his flaws along with his good points, you're just going to have to learn to live with it.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What's the problem? He's not attacking anyone. He's not making up ridiculous things about Favre to complain about.

It's nice to have someone who has watched him for years and probably knows more about him than most of us do give another perspective. Maybe we can learn something from him. From what I've read of his posts he's given some good info and reasonable, level headed opinions. That's more than I can say about some Jets fans on here.

I'm glad he posts here. All of the Packers fans have been nice to have so far.
    :jets:

16. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

The problem is, he didn't do much of anything this offseason, and he acknowledged it himself. That's one reason a lot of us were reluctant to take him back in Green Bay; he just didn't make anywhere near the same commitment to putting himself in a position to succeed this year that he did last year. As for his brother, I think the smarter Jets fans will learn pretty quickly why so many Packer fans call him Billy Carter. He's a total bozo, and you can't take seriously anything he says.

17. Blue Moose

Blue Moose New Member

Favre laughingly runs a dropped-snap lap to the cheering of fans and the headlines read "FAVRE PUNISHED IN TRAINING CAMP."

He casually states that, yeah, he has some arm fatigue and the headline says "FAVRE OUT OF SHAPE?"

I've been following this guy since he was a 17 year old freshman. Do not worry about this man hitting the field unprepared, mentally or physically.

18. 66_Ray

66_Ray New Member

Never once on Packer Chatters heard Brett refered too as Billy Carter.

Brett will try to complete passes into triple coverage, because of his arm strength. WRs have to be on the same page as Brett and not give up on Routes. Favre is a very elusive QB, who will under hand it throw shuttles. The less Brett feels he has to win the game alone, the better. Why I posted if the Jets can get a running game, which you may have. The Jets should have a great year offensively

19. TeriB

TeriB New Member

That's what I said? He has more made up, BS, talking out his ass, CRAP to spew about Favre than I've ever heard in my life, even from Bears fans. Seems to me his mission is to freak out Jets fans about Favre.

Favre's been an NFL QB for 17 yrs. I kinda think he knows what is required, and Thing is wrong about not only Favre's conditioning last year, but what he did in the offseason. Who here was hiding in the bushes at Favre's place seeing what he did in the offseason . . . that's what I thought.[​IMG]

20. TeriB

TeriB New Member

Let me stress this again for those of you who missed it. Even Peyton Manning does that. Don't freak out people.[​IMG]

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1493