Favre says arm feeling 'fatigued,' will ask for fewer throws in afternoon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SigmaXJet, Aug 13, 2008.

1. TeriB

TeriB New Member

Even Peyton Manning does that. Don't freak out people.[​IMG]

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1493

#41 TeriB, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Where do you come up w/your shit?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189
    http://www.topix.com/football-playe...orks-out-again-with-high-school-football-team

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3511028

3. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

ok so he worked out with a high school team? that makes me feel better...

4. TeriB

TeriB New Member

Oh, well, you know what they say about OPINIONS . . .

5. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Right on the money. It's exactly what I'd expect from him. He's a competitor, and he wants to show the Jets they made the right decision in trading for him. Given the fact that he didn't do anything at all to stay in NFL shape during the offseason, I'd be amazed if his arm wasn't sore. Nothing to worry about here.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

He was also working out to keep in shape prior to working w/the hs team, and I assume after. The only reason I posted that was to dispute what the Pats troll was saying about him doing nothing but sitting on the couch all off-season.

And why would you worry? A QB is saying that his arm is fatigued after the first 5 days of practice. So what?

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sweet pun.

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Teri also stands for Terrance.

9. Pavlus53

Pavlus53 Member

Are they going to keep Favre on a pitch count like they did with Joba?

Maybe we should print up the Favre Rules shirts now and start selling them.

10. Formerpackfan

Formerpackfan New Member

I'm sure he's been throwing the ball alot harder this camp then his past ones trying to gain the respect of his new team. Brett has to have the coach reel him in some.

11. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

yeh no need to worry too much about it guys. You've got to appreciate his honesty as well. Of course he's a bit sore he's 39 years old. I think it would be wise to limit his throws a bit...I'm sure that's what they would have been doing up in Green Bay if he were still there.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

http://www.patriotsgab.com/2007/08/16/bradys-approach-to-arm-fatigue-taking-it-easy/
    Posted by Matt Loede on August 16th, 2007

13. TeriB

TeriB New Member

What are you, a 5 yo? Terry - with a "y" is the male spelling. What's your point?

#53 TeriB, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my question is with the jets dont talk to the media and especially dont talk about any injuries i wonder how the meeting went after favre went and talked to the media and then they asked mangini about it and he knew nothing because brett hadnt talked to him yet. that must have went over like a fart in church.

at least i hope it did, or maybe its just for guys like baker and vilma not being able to talk to the media, im sure they would have been fined and spoken to.

15. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Ah-ha! See? I knew it! That Brady kid's a bust! :mad:

16. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Mangini'd better get used to it. That's Favre. Stick a microphone in his face, sit back, and crack a beer; your article just writes itself. He says whatever he wants to say whenever he wants to say it, and I doubt it'll change at this point in his career. Some people find it charming, but after a while, people in Green Bay started to find it tiresome.

17. favre4mvp2008

favre4mvp2008 New Member

Don't Worry

As a lifelong Packers fan, and converted Jets fan, there is nothing to worry about.

If there is one sure thing about Brett, it is that he is brutlly honest.

If a reporter says, "So Brett, How do you feel??"

99% of athletes would respond, "I feel fine, I'm ready to go.'

Not Brett. He thinks about the question and says, "gee, my arm feels tired, not sore, but kind of fatigued....."

It goes along the lines of later in the interview when he talks about hating practice and film....what athlete doesnt hat film and practice?? Brett just answers everything brutally honest.

His arm is fine. He doesn't miss games. He plays hard. And he plays damn well. Watching every single snap he has ever taken in his career really makes you appreciate him more than just seeing a couple games per year and then highlights. He is a treat.

I think the Jets will be a very dangerous team all year. And will even give the Pats a run for their money. Don't forget, in 16 years, Brett has had ONE losing season. In that season he lost Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, Tony Fisher, Bubba Franks, Robert Ferguson, Javon Walker, and both of his starting guards to season ending injuries. He was thowing to a WR named Taco Wallace in week 16 and 17.

Dont worry. He'll play evey snap.

18. Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks Member

You have to appreciate Brett's honesty. Say what you want about the guy, but he's been candid through this whole process.

19. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Being honest with the NY media isn't a good idea though.

20. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

It's not the arm fatigue that Jets' fans ought to be worried about, but his overall level of conditioning is a legitimate concern. Brett himself credited his stellar season last year in large part to the rigorous off-season training program he put himself through - said he was in just about the best shape of his life when he came to camp last year, and that was what laid the groundwork for that near-MVP caliber season. Trouble is, he didn't do any of that shit this offseason. That's one thing I'd be pretty concerned about if I was y'all, especially given the fact that for the last several years, the quality of his play has diminished dramatically in the latter part of each season.