Packers Fans: Thank you for being classy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Fan4Favre

Fan4Favre New Member

I'm just excited to get to 10 posts so I can see links. :)

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Gracious.....now that's a name I haven't heard since..........

Infact, I don't think I have ever seen anyone use gracious in a sentence here.........that's amazing. Well, keep the good stuff coming. The Pack fans are really showing the other teams fans up in terms of just being cordial.

[​IMG]

3. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Jesus christ on a crutch, what in the world is wrong with you? I thought this was a forum for football fans to express their opinions. Someone has a favorable opinion of Packer management, and all you can do is foam at the mouth and start shrieking that I'm talking trash? What a fucking nut case. Call your psychiatrist immediately and tell him the meds are not working. And this time, be honest with him when he asks if you're drinking alcohol with the pills. He needs to know that if he's going to help you.

Sorry, Jets fans. Every team has a few of these fruitbats. The Favre situation has brought out the worst in some of our fans. Most Packer fans are pretty knowledgeable - they know their team, and they know the game. As you can see, though, there are a few who don't know jack shit about football except that they love Brett Favre. They can't see beyond that, and they're incapable of having a civil discussion with anyone who disagrees with them. Best thing I can say about 'em is that they pass out every few hours, and can't post again until they come to.

4. Fan4Favre

Fan4Favre New Member

Some people want to follow Brett. Some people disagree with the way Ted Thompson handled the whole deal. If this is not you, why are you here?

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

All of you Packers/Favre fans are welcome here. No matter which side of the Favre saga you are on. But TeriB is already a favorite of ours here so you better be nice :smile:

6. NEJets

NEJets Member

Being politically correct -- they all suck. The elder one fucked up Jets draft by staying 1 more year in college.

7. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

When it comes to people coming here to defend Green Bay Management; as one fan eluded to already, "Some Packer Fans" have it too good for too long.

They didn't appreciate only one losing season since Brett started for the team sixteen years ago, they didn't appreciate the 110 % commitment shown by Brett for never missing a start and they didn't appreciate Favre helping to put Green Bay back on the map.

It's the most confusing thing I have ever seen as many teams would have loved to have such a problem. I already see the difference, for the bettor in fan enthusiasm on the Jets forum and I (One of many) am very thankful for the class the Jets organization and fans are showing to Brett.

It is very refreshing and I thank all you Jets Fans !!!

#107 Determination#4, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  8. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Well, there are more than 2 possible reasons for posting on a message board. I'm here because I think Favre is the most exciting player I've ever seen in the NFL, and I'm looking forward to chatting with Jets' fans about him. I don't want him in Green Bay anymore, but I'm glad he's still playing somewhere, and since this is his new team, this seems like a good place to talk about him.

9. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Oh, I'm the nicest guy in the world, but if that courtesy's not returned, I'm not much of a guy for turning the other cheek. I won't go looking for any fights, but if someone gets personal on me for no reason at all, nice goes out the window real fast.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Well we're glad to have you here... :up:

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Welcome, I hope we have a lot conversation during the year. I'm looking forward to having a fearless QB with the goods lead the team. I really hope he has a little something left in the tank. The Jets have potential they just need the right guy to follow.

12. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Oh, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much the man has in his tank. My only beef with him as a player (and the reason I'm ready to let him move on to another team) is that I'm finally convinced he'll never win another championship, and I'm no longer willing to go one-and-done in the postseason every year just for the fun of watching him light it up every weekend in the regular season.

Just appreciate him for what he is. As long as your playoff expectations aren't too high, you're going to absolutely love this guy. I know I'll never see another player this exciting in the NFL as long as I'm alive, and I think you guys are going to be mentioning him in the same breath as Namath before he retires again. You're just never going to go very far in the playoffs, that's all. If you can live with that for a year or two, you'll be glad you have him.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What do Packers fans think Favre can do with the Jets? Just curious.

14. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Oh, and thanks for the welcomes, guys. I hate to say it, but the truth is I like talking to y'all a lot more than I like the Packer boards I used to post on. You guys know your football, and you're not afraid to speak frankly. Must be that New York thing. Midwesterners are too goddamned timid and passive-aggressive for my tastes. I don't know why I ever decided to be born in Wisconsin; I'm a fish out of water here.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The playoffs come down to a highly talented team being hot and gelling at the right time. The Giants had a great run last year the Packers who were not as good as either the Giants or the Cowboys or MN for that matter got pretty far with Favre including a bye week and a nice victory to get to the NFC finals.

16. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Slow start, because he's coming so late to the party. But by mid-October, he'll be clicking with your receivers, and he'll probably have a pretty strong second half. The last few years, he tends to shrivel a bit in cold weather, so December could be a little rocky. But you'll start to see some magic right from the first game, if you ask me. For better or worse, he'll be looking to make things happen right from the get-go, even if there's nothing there to work with. Some of it will work, and you'll be amazed that anyone can do that with a football. Some of it won't work, and you'll be amazed that anyone would have been stupid enough to trade for this dumb sonofabitch.

But all in all, you're going to see some of the most exciting football you've ever seen. And he will change the attitude of your team, i guarantee it. Your guys are going to absolutely love playing with him, and it'll change the way they feel about coming to work every day. That intangible may be the biggest benefit from the team's standpoint; everyone will have a whole new energy just from being around the guy. He does have that effect on teammates.

17. Favre's Flock

Favre's Flock New Member

Favre

Hello everyone.

First time poster and first time being to a NYJETS site. As a Packer fan I just wanted to say a few things.

A little bit about me: I grew up in Texas where Troy and the Cowboys ruled everything. I did not like football, I did not care about football, and I hated sports.

That all changed one day when I was flipping channels after school on a monday night and I saw this young guy make the most incredible pass and how much fun he was having aftwards by running around and just being himself. That guy was Favre. It turned me into a football lover, a packer fan, and a Brett Favre junkie.

Over the years I have watched him through the very fun times, and the very bad times. He plays his absolute heart out. The Jets are extremely lucky to aquire him. I thank your organization so much for being so kind to him and welcoming him. I had not seen Brett smile in a long time until Thursday. He is our hero. Thank you for respecting him.

He may make mistakes, but he will try his best to correct those on and off the field.

This pretty much sums it up how most people feel about him. (changing the WWWs to post links :\

w.youtube.com/watch?v=vWbNgIc2TVM&feature=related
    w.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi9akrSU&feature=related
    w.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6LcGbHxR8&feature=related

To sum it up, I am a packer fan, but I am also now a Jet Fan. I pray that Favre gives you all at least 4 more years because I just love watching him play so much. I am glad he is a Jet.

Here is to many more years of magic. I will pray everyday that he leads the Jets to the Super Bowl some day. He deserves to have fun again. The NFL is a better place with him than without.

18. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Favre was always my favorite QB. He made the game fun. Hes in NY and i'm estatic. I love Carson Palmer he has all the tools also but he needs more charisma. Theres only one Favre.

19. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

20. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

[​IMG]