Rate Tannenbaum's Offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tony, Aug 8, 2008.

?

Grade Tannenbaums Offseason

1. A+++

21 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. A

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. B

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. C

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. D (You can't be serious...)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

This guy just became my all-time favorite GM. He's had an amazing offseason, and can stay as GM as long as he'd like, AFAIC.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think this is a good thread.

I can not ever remember an off-season where so many positive things were done on both sides of the ball. This does not guarrantee victory, but we certainly can say the guy went out of his way to put an exciting product on the field. It's all on the coaching now - the baton is being passed.

Amazingly, even the Baker thing seems to have quelled its oven heat.

3. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

hornet, Tanny hasn't gotten nearly enough praise for his work this offseason. He really did a great job of addressing specific concerns with talent that fits.

I don't now what his contract situation is, but I hope Woody makes certain that this guy is the GM of the Jets for a while.

4. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

I rated it an A but it was B+/A- before the Farve Acquisition. If Farve gets us far in the PO, it'll be A+ if the Super Bowl (I DOUBT THIS HIGHLY) THEN it'll be A+++

5. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Key Player Additions and Loses:
    Veteran Additions: T Alan Faneca; C Damien Woody; LB Calvin Pace; RB Jesse Chatman; TE Bubba Franks; RB Musa Smith; DT Kris Jenkins

Veteran Losses: LB Victor Hobson; WR Justin McCareins; T Anthony Clement; QB Marques Tuiasosopo; LB Jonathan Vilma;

Top 4 Draft Picks: 1 6 Vernon Gholston DE 6-4 258 Ohio State; 1 30 Dustin Keller TE 6-3 242 Purdue; 4 113 Dwight Lowery CB 6-1 185 San Jose State; 5 162 Erik Ainge QB 6-6 225 Tennessee

Key Questions for 2008 Season:
    • Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens can one of them lead this team? Brett Favre lol.
    • Will the new offensive line gel to open holes for the running game and give the QB time to throw?
    • Can Veteran imports Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace along with Gholston bolster a poor run defense?

He has had a great off season. Lets hope it translates into wins! :)

6. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I agree. I think a move that is greatly overlooked with the signing of Pace, Faneca, and getting Favre, is the hiring of Callahan. Callahan is highly respected and alot of teams wanted him. He brings alot of offensive knowledge, and is going to help the Offensive Line immensely. Tanny got him to come here and was a great hire.

7. TexasJet

TexasJet New Member

The front office went out and addressed every area of weakness. You can't ask for anything more. Now, the players obtained have to produce...

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I've never seen an offseason as big as the one the Jets just had. Homer rating or not, but I give it an A+++ just for the effort by the front office. This team clearly wants to win football games and sell PSLs. They did us and Woody proud.

9. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

Definetely needs an A+++, they really agressively pursued ways to mitigate our weaknesses. An unbelievable offseason really. I couldn't believe that we went out and snatched one of the best Guards in the game...Jenkins a great aquisition. Woody, Pace, Gholston. I hope Brett throws the ball the way of Keller a few times also. The big questions that remain for me? Running the ball and stopping the run - Favre and the O-line will surely help the rushing attack so the latter is particularly crucial and unknown!

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Brought in Free agents / made trades to fix both our leaky lines. Add two OLB's to help increase the pass rush. Drafted cornerback and quaterback depth. Fixed our biggest weakness left by bringing in an aging yet still very good QB.

I'd have to say an A.

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

We won;t be able to rate the offseason until this season is over....so far, no acquisition has dome a thing that matters, let's be real here.

12. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

So well said. I think Callahan is one of our biggest additions. At TC a bunch of the oline guys were signing autographs after practice and I asked each one how Callahan was treating them, and every single one of them reiterated the same thing... "its great, its awesome" That included Brick Mangold Faneca Moore and a few backups.

Also if you watch the practices, Mangini is kinda standing to the side most of the time, watching from afar taking down notes with schotty usually, and it looks as though Callahan is running the practice. Its an awesome addition

13. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I disagree. Tannenbaum did his job. He has given Mangini the players and talent to win. From here on out, its on Mangini