V. Gholston

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by since83, Aug 7, 2008.

1. since83

since83 Member

Homie looks lost. Time missed in OTA's and Minicamp shows

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Okay thanks homes

3. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

he does look a little lost..but he could also be nervous..this is his first time playin at nfl level

4. GreenMachine

Ummm...OK..Over all he really did not mis time due to contract disputes...He kind of had to finish school...

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i didn't expect Gholston to play like Shawn Merriman...in his first game....ever....in the NFL. We should probably cut him a little slack :wink:

6. Phyr

Phyr Member

Pretty sure he withdrew like all early-entry NFL guys. Just a bad rule kept him out.

7. Lycurgus1981

Lycurgus1981 New Member

Dudes, Gholston will be fine, as in, he will terrorize people. Being a Michigan fan, I watched him terrorize us and other mercilessly, including the Game last year when he made Jake Long his personal biotch. He's just experiencing the learning curve right now, and I bet he's nervous, but the guy is a freak and a hell of a football player. I thought he's easily a better player than Chris Long.

8. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

9. Bosko

Bosko Guest

I also make my final judgements on player personnel during the first exhibition game. Ratliff looks good, I think the Jets should bench Favre and start Ratliff!

Go scrubs!

10. GreenMachine

11. GreenMachine

Also, He was a redshirted junior...so maybe he had to finish to get his degree.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

agreed.

can you say PATIENCE, boys and girls?

13. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Like buttle just said, it's moving like a blur right now for him.

The game hasnt slowed down for him yet...he'll catch up, he needs some more time to adjust to things.

14. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Yeah, patience guys. He has lots of time. He is in "welcome to the NFL" mode.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you can preach patience and first game all you want the bottom line is the poor guy looked very lost out there tonight.

he was unaware of people around him just about every time he dropped into zone coverage, actually most of the lbs were unaware but he was especially unaware.

i am not freaking out about it or saying he wont be a great player but to say that he didnt look lost out there and unaware of his surroundings is ludicrous.

i will agree with jetcane its definitely moving faster than he can comprehend right now, lets see how he adjusts over the coming weeks.

16. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

It was reported he dropped out.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

keep in mind....Gholston was utilized as DE in college...he's playing as a stand-up LB now...it's a bit of an adjustment....I mean, Kiwaunuka from the Giants experienced the same adjustment.....i wouldn't start pushing the panic button yet.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

absolutely favre i couldnt agree with you more. he is going to have to adjust to a new position as well as adjusting to the simple speed of the game. definitely not panicking but just making the comment that he did look very lost and unaware. like i said something to keep an eye on as far as improvement over the next few weeks.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yep...good observation.

However...if he has the same "lost" look on his face in week 8....then there might be some cause for concern...until then...let the kid the learn the ropes. :)

20. Quack

Quack New Member

Really? His first play, he rushed from the weak side and got respect - A Guard and a Tackle. Since then, he's been messing up in coverage a little (not blowing his assignment but not cutting underneath crossing routes and slants either) but he's been AMAZING in pursuit and play recognition. You guys need to chill out. He's a rookie who is catching up - Gholston will be fine.