Favres a jet!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Aug 6, 2008.

1. revis024

revis024 New Member

new to this place, lived in NY for my whole life so ive always followed the jets somewhat. but ever since i was growing up i loved watching brett favre play with greenbay. even got to meet him (amazing day) but now you can say im a full out jets fan.

lets hope he does well!

2. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Haha, all of this Favre hype, I forgot a game was actually coming on tonight.

3. Phear

Phear New Member

will the game be aired on the nfl network?

4. johnny_blood

johnny_blood New Member

So can someone explain what offensive system you've been using, and whether it has any West Coast Offense elements? I just haven't seen much of the Jets for awhile and none of the coverage has been about how Favre will mesh with your offensive scheme.

I'm looking at your offensive coaches and one link to the WCO seems to be Bill Callahan's time under Gruden with the Raiders. Gruden's offense is derived from Holmgren's.

What is the Jets offense?

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We feature the 4 yard pass with a lot of air under it.

6. johnny_blood

johnny_blood New Member

Favre can't learn that in one month!

7. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Oh sweet he will be able to play there into his 70s. lol

8. Lycurgus1981

Lycurgus1981 New Member

New Jets fan here

Hey guys, just want to say thanks to all who are so excited and happy to have Brett. It's nice to see that he's wanted somewhere! You are going to LOVE him. I watched him play in and play out for 16 years (I'm too young to have seen a game he didn't start) and he brings it, every down. Screw all the dumb-asses who say he's not what he used to be--physically maybe not (but he could never run all that fast) but his arm is just as strong, and what always set Brett apart was his INSTINCT. The man can read a defense instantaneously. Since it looks like you guys really upgraded your O-line, I don't expect Favre to get sacked very much at all; on a lesser O-line last year he got sacked 19 times. He gets rid of the ball insanely fast.

I think the success the Jets have this year is going to surprise a lot of people. Yeah, they were 4-12 last year, but if you ask me, that would have been the Packers record without Favre. He was IMO primarily responsible for the record last year, and he single-handedly won probably 5 or 6 games last year.

I've never really followed the Jets, so I don't know a lot about your personnel, esp. on defense. I'd appreciate if someone could give me their thoughts on what their expectations are for the defense this year, because if you can get it around the top 10 I think you can expect really big things.

Finally, I'm glad to see that Favre is going to get to finish his career on the big stage of New York. Like I said, you guys will LOVE him. He's still a stud, and even though Brady and Manning might be 'better', no one can thrill you like Brett is going to.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS (first time I ever said that LOL)

9. Favre456

Favre456 New Member

Good Luck Brett.

I have been a life long Packers fan my whole life, I just wanted to pop in here and wish all the Jets fans the best. Brett is a true warrior that will give you everything he's got on the field.

What happened to Brett in green bay was so wrong... I hope the Jets go deep into the playoffs. Once again good luck Jets fans.

10. winstonbiggs

Well played rook.

11. Eddie

Eddie New Member

To all the New York Jets fans....best of luck with "our" legend. I hope you realize that you may just have inherited about 5.5 million (Wisconsin's population) brand new Jets fans. My ass now aches just thinking of him being gone. Now I have to buy the NFL ticket so I can see "your" new Jet in action.

12. Brady

Brady New Member

I'm a Packer fan before a Favre fan, but I'm still a Favre fan. I look forward to following the Jets as well as the Pack this season. And ditto on the NFL Ticket to see Favre in action as a Jet! :D

13. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

The fan base there sure seems divided. Really sad. Ted Thompson will get his if they fail to perform this year. I still am a GB fan but after the way they F#@ked Brett over has really not sat well with me.

Go Jets!

14. winstonbiggs

We signed Bart Starr?

15. Norm

Norm New Member

Little pissy about how GB handled the whole thing but I'll miss Brett, wish the Jets and Brett good luck, we'll be watching.

16. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Pretty cool. Should make for an awesome season. Congrats! :beer:

17. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Seems like the place to rejoice, so thank you Tannenbaum. I like your style.

And welcome to the New York Jets Brett, I have a legitimate, concrete inner smile for the first time in a long time thanks to your arrival!

18. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

If Aaron Rogers sucks this year, they will put Teds head on a stake..

19. gofins

gofins New Member

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

I'm going out and buying me a pair of Wrangler jeans for game day.
    Classy.