Just a brief tip of the hat to chad......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

UGH, (vomit) (vomit).....

2. Referee

Referee New Member

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Chad Pennington...

You have always been a leader!

You will always be a revered member of The New York Jets.

3. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

Thank you Chad, I wish you all the luck. I hope you latch on a team and get a starters job. Thank you for being a gamer, and coming back from injuries you had no business coming back from.

Good luck again!!

4. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Still like Chad and always will, 2002 was magic and Im not changing my username

It's a shame it never worked out, I hope he gets traded to a team like the Bears or Vikes so I can still root for him

5. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

After we talk about what he has done for the jets (which is impressive), i think it is important to mention that Chad has class! He has conducted himself the way a man should! In a world with so few good roll models. Chad stand out!

I was happy to hear the Jets released him instead of leaving him hanging like green bay did to Bret!

6. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Chad was most likely my second or third all time favorite Jet. I'm sad that the injuries he suffered really limited his career here. He always had the mental part of the game down. He had a great play action fake. He was great at hitting screens and short passes. The shoulder injuries really limited the play calling. I will always look back at the Chad years fondly, and wish that we could have seen him turn into the top 5 QB that he looked like in 2002.

I wish Chad all the best. I think Minnesota would make a great place for him.... indoors, with a great line and running game. I think Chad can actually take the Vikings to the SB. But good luck Chad. You are the man, and you are one of my all time favs.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

in 2002, I thought the JETS finally had their "Franchise QB"....... then the bricks began to tumble.

#10 was a trooper and will always have my respect, but time to move on.

Thanks

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Time to move on indeed.

Chad is a washed up over the hill has been, and this is a great day because we are finally rid of him. Who cares where he goes? And rooting for him to succeed on another team? Maybe it will be a team the Chad Fans can follow him to.

Personally I am a Jet Fan.

9. MondayMiracle40-37OT

Thank You Chad for all the great memories in a Jet uniform! You will always be my favorite player in the league because of your enthusiasm, charisma, and your hard work. I hope you find a team that will give you an opportunity to start!

10. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

Good luck on the rest of your career chad. may you find success with your next team (not against us of course). hopefully the vikings or bears see what an asset you can be to them. god bless chad

11. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

Thanks for beating the Colts and Peyton Manning 41-0.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I will still display my Pennington fathead, with pride.

The guy left everything he had, on the field. What more could you ask of a player?

GOD bless, Chad. Good luck, wherever you may roam.

13. Big Blocker

I wonder what percentage of Chad Fans would love to have him go to another team and come back to beat the Jets. Even in a playoff game.

Personally I think it's pretty high. Always have.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Stop being ridiculous...seriously

15. Big Blocker

I just saw a quote on a different thread where someone said they would have mixed feelings if Chad actually did that.

Mixed feelings?

Knew it.

16. Big Blocker

Anyway, all the complaints of Chad Fans will not change my mood! This is a great, great day!

17. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

I've always been a big fan of Chad Pennington's. As my user name shows he's been a favourite of mine for a while now. There have been some tough years backing Chad...last year the pinacle of that toughness. I wish him great luck and success with his next team. Thanks for 2006 - comeback player of the year, shock win in New England. Thanks for the combination with Coles, Cotchery and Santana. Thanks for the run in 2002, 41-0 against the Colts. Thanks for 2004 and taking us to a field goal away from the Title game. Thanks for that wild game in San Diego. Bring on Brett Favre I say

18. NYJ4LF

NYJ4LF Member

My Thanks

I have never seen a player with more heart and desire to win in a NYJ uniform than Chad Pennington. I extend my thanks for the time that he was with us. Things just did not work out and it was time for a change. Good luck Chad wherever you may play!

19. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

I really thought Chad was going to be our guy for a long time. I remember being at a game when Testaverde sucked it up and all of the fans coming out of the stadium were screaming to put the kid in!

Its sad that injuries really put a damper on his career I think he could have been a lot better than he was. He had great command of the offense and always had the respect of the guys in the huddle.

It sucks it had to end like this, but at least he will get a chance to go somewhere early enough to fight for a job.

We will miss u chad you were always a warrior, leader, and a great person off the field as well. Good Luck!!!

20. Big Blocker

Martin had more heart and desire, and he was a vastly better player.

Time to move on. Chad is gone. Get with the program.