The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

I posted it as a gag, I can't believe they already had something Favre in Jets.

2. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Denver is cold, no dome no championship.

I believe Favre needs a reason to believe, if it's Deanna's doing. let him go, there is not a way he will help this team, you under 30's will just have to find out real suffering...

It's not about Mcain or Obama it's about my fucking pusy

Cut

F*ck where has all of the TV gone?

Watching Brett Favre go to Tampa...and the Olympics, don't forget the BSL!

3. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Well I got a good chuckle:beer:

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't think reading is one his strong suits.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Obviously our CS/FO believes he can. You're just making shit up. This will be the 3rd year of the system - that includes a lot of short passing routes. It's a west coast offense! The packers didn't really establish much of a running game until well into the season last year. It didn't take him 3 years to learn the system - that's absurd.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The week 4 game is in Tampa Bay. I think the Packers are just waiting to see who makes the best offer and they'll let that determine the play. Obviously Favre would rather be in TB and so the Bucs only need to "tie" the offer to win since the Pack still needs Favre's permission on the deal.

If Tampa Bay was in the division or if the week 4 game was in Green Bay I think the Jets would be way ahead in the race at this point.

7. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Over 2,000 posts in this thread. Most popular Jet related thread ever?

8. Going4TheGreen

Oops. You used an asterisk.

9. songster67

songster67 New Member

Yes, Favre can learn the offense in a few weeks because Schottenheimer isn't exactly a genius & will tailor things to Favre or let him do what Peyton does...calls it himself. I think the new OL coach -- can't remember his name -- can help.

But we GOTTA get something done. We're 20 hours away from our 1st preseason game with no one knowing who will take the 1st snap of the game. Other than Joba & the Manny trade to LA, there's been nothing else on sports news lately. Jets wooing Favre. You can't tell me that both Penny & KC aren't just sick & fed up at this point. Wonder if Tanny's convo with Chad about 10 days ago was to tell him to relax if they get Favre they'll take care of Chad.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Jets acquired Rick Mirer on August 20, 1999. He played in a regular season game on September 12, 1999. He started for the Jets one week later.

If Rick Mirer can do it, Brett Favre (or Jeff Garcia) sure as heck can do it. Of course, Mirer sucked, but that is beside the point.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No to Favre, HELL NO to Garcia.

12. songster67

songster67 New Member

Y'know they oughta force Chad to get on the horn with Favre. Since Chad is from TN he can easily relay how easy it will be for Favre to remain a bumpkin up here. Only difference is instead of a cow and a barn on each corner, there's a Starbucks and Chase bank

13. Going4TheGreen

Point taken but we are hoping for less suckitude and more "Favre", otherwise we could just stick with the sucky guys we have that know the playbook and have a relationship to speak of with the guys on O.

14. erlovepuck

erlovepuck New Member

Does anyone know how the conditional/escalating picks work? Does it have to be based on personal stuff like snaps, starts, etc. or can it be based on the team's performance. Hypothetically speaking could they actually make it that it becomes a 1st rounder if the Jets play in the AFC Championship game?

15. songster67

songster67 New Member

Mirer was another Parcells stroke of genius. We might've salvaged that season had Ray Lucas been given the reigns sooner

16. Drew

Drew Active Member

But yes to Chad, right?

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No, it took him 3 years to learn the first system he played in for the Packers. Favre was great because he was a phenominal athlete with a great arm. Not because he could run an offense. He's more from the Elway school than the Manning, Montana school of precision running of offense.

At this point of his career I don't see him leading the Jets to greatness. I think they're better with a game manager type QB at this point.

18. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Im glad that the Jets made this offer of the conditional 4th rounder it shows that Tangini believes that we can should keep this down to a 2 qb job. No Farve is good

19. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Garcia >>>>>> Pennington

not even a discussion

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Then you want Pennington to lead the team or you want Garcia if you prefer a better QB than Pennington.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.