The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

There are conflicting reports all over the place. Who knows what to believe. One reporter says his family wants NY, the other says Tampa.

We've heard reports that Favre is willing to play for either. Even if Tampa is his first choice that doesn't mean he's not going to give his all if traded here. Players have preferences that aren't met all the time but they still play their asses off because they love the game and want to win.

Kris Jenkins preferred to play for the Redskins or Ravens, but ended up here. Is anyone worried about him?

2. GeorgeJETSon

GeorgeJETSon Member

If the Jets offer is legitimately better than the Bucs offer, I don't understand why the Packers are even considering Tampa. What leverage does Brett have at this point? Not show up? Sure that screws the Jets, but wouldn't that at least get him off GB's books? If we are silly enough to take him with no guarantees of at least one season, then we are the suckers. I don't get it.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I saw nothing on the ticker, its not on the webpage, and ESPN is currently playing the Yankee game. Where exactly did you hear this?

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

135 people viewing this thread, sweet unholy crap. This better go down tonight.

5. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I heard it also.

ESPNews...

6. WhiteShoeWillis

It was on ESPN News, but like I said there are conflicting reports. Who knows what to believe.

7. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

sorry,,,,espn news

8. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Does that mean we still have a chance?

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Agreed. This is ridiculous. I'll believe the report from Rachel Nichols since she personally spoke with him and said him and his family were feeling comfortable with the Jets.

Somehow, someway I think we are all going to have to whip out the KY to make this less uncomfortable. I have a feeling were all about to be fucked in the ass, hardcore.

ahhhhh, what its like to be a Jets fan. Cautiously optimistic is the best I can give you guys....take everything you read with a grain of salt.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If the Jets don't get Favre, then they better get Garcia. If not, the Jets are asking for a lot of trouble if they stick with Pennington and Clemens. Their confidence (P and C) must not be great right now. Whoever (P or C) were to get the starting job would press like hell.

11. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

You don't sacrifice your future to get a lot better for a year. If you don't win the Super Bowl it's a disaster. I pray the Jets don't do this trade.

12. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

This may sound absurd but I had a dream last night about this, pfft!! In my dream, at the last second, the VIKINGS made a offer and got farve.

I don't think GB would ever do that but it happened in my dream and it's just as good a rumor thats floatin around now anyway, :p

13. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

the coaching staff is making me think that if we dont land favre, we will go after Garcia if he is released.. He is an upgrade from what we have now. The coaching staff obviously has no confidence in our current Qbs

14. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

You guys who want Favre are going to be so incredibly disappointed. He's not going to do what you think he will. He's going to be 39. How many 39 year-old QBs have you seen perform well enough to bring a 4-12 team to the Super Bowl?

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

how many 4-12 teams have you seen fill so many critical holes in one offseason with pro-bowl caliber players?

He may be 39, but he is still Brett Favre.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

How many 38 year old QB's have?

This team has a lot of improvements over the 4-12 season.

17. jgangstahippie7:18

The only reason Green Bay is talking to Tampa is to boost up Brett trade value by pitting one team against the other. In the end the advantage favors to Jets. AFC, didn't make the playoffs last year, and has a huge potential ace up there sleve if GB wants a player Chris Baker. Our 2 TEs will be Keller, and former Packer and Favre favorite Bubba Franks.

18. BSartist

BSartist New Member

BAH! What a dumbass. IF he plays for the Bucs he obviously just wants to play against the packers for spite and has no desire to WIN.

19. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

So it's all about the money?

20. WhiteShoeWillis

huh?
    <filler/>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.