The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Schefter on NFL TA right now: saying there are people in the Favre family pushing the NYJ on him; the idea of going there is picking up momentum.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's right, Brett. Who needs fishing when you have the best pizza on the planet?

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Can't forget Noah Herron......

4. The Uniform Bomber

haha. cant you see Favre casting for Pike in Passaic River?

5. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

funny you mention that, because i was in rome and i waited in line for 1 hour to have the "best pizza in italy" and although it was delicious, it doesn't touch some new york pie, not even close!

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

38 years old and still performing at a pro-bowl level.

Besides the fact that Favre has never really needed superstar receivers, one could argue that the Jets 1-2 are better than the Packers 1-2.

His mediocre '06 was better than Penningtons "good" '06. Favre was taught to play smarter starting in '06 and has learned to take fewer chances and rely on his team mates more. He doesn't throw nearly as many retarded prayers as he did during that bad stretch of his career.

You're worried about Favre getting injured? This is the guy who has started over 250 straight games. You should be more worried about the guys on our current roster being injured if history means anything to you.

Learning a new system is definitely fair to worry about. I am a bit concerned about it as well, but if our FO/CS believes he can learn the system enough by week 1 to be more productive than the current guys on the roster they probably know more than us about that. Sure they could be wrong - I don't agree with everything they do, but I have no measuring stick so I'd have to trust them on this.

The team that aquires him will inherit his current contract and isn't obligated to renegotiate. We may be able to get back some of what we give GB by trading penny to the vikings.

fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

7. abyzmul

I've never been to Italy but I've eaten pizza in many different states in this country and nobody can touch our pies. Pizza alone should draw Favre to us.

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

You know what, despite any misgivings I may have, I think if we make this deal I'm going to toss them out the window and just be excited. :lol:

9. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

I don't see how Brett Favre or his family can make any decision in this matter.
    Green Bay's taking the best deal for Green Bay, period.

When you have Brett Favre kind of money, you can live on Mars and fish on Jupiter whenever you feel like it. And just for the record, real men fish the canyons of the Atlantic rather than that lake west of Florida.

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I like this - "I'm concerned Favre may get injured, so I'd rather stick with Chad. At least then when he inevitably gets injured it won't be a surprise."

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hey byz....

wtf does the F5 key do anyway???

jil

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah you can catch some Mako off the coast of Jersey..... that's better than some muskie or mullet or whatever the hell the rednecks fish for.

13. Welcome to J-Ville

Welcome to J-Ville New Member

Refreshes the page so you can see the latest posts

14. jilozzo

speaking of injuries....

what would happen if Favre actually comes here and blows out his achilles down in miami??

i bet many, if not all of you, would believe in the curse.....

as i do

jil

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

From SI.com's Peter King

Here's what I'm hearing about the potential Favre deal tonight:

• I want to stress that I wouldn't bet my mortgage on this but it is what I've heard reliably. I hear the Jets are offering a solid third-round draft choice that could rise to a first-round draft choice depending on the team's performance and how well Favre plays.

• I'm told the Bucs positively would not make an offer that lofty. The Packers have suggested a couple of different scenarios involving draft choices with Tampa Bay but I hear that the Packers are not close to doing anything tonight.

• My gut feeling? Brett Favre Held Hostage will reach Thursday or perhaps longer. Tampa Bay general manager Bruce Allen drives a very hard bargain, and I wouldn't expect the Packers to be able to do business easily with him. I don't know if Favre or agent Bus Cook has told Green Bay where he prefers to play, but if his choice is Tampa Bay, this could take a while, especially if the Packers are willing to send him to a team they play in Week 4.

16. jilozzo

thanks J-ville.

jil

17. The Uniform Bomber

also, they're gonna discuss the Jets and the game tomorrow, coming up in a few on TA.

and as a sidenote, stay tuned if you want a few laughs because Herm is gonna chime in on the Favre saga.

18. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

and if by some reason he doesn't like pizza (side note:i dont trust ANYONE who doesn't like pizza) wave a pastrami sandwich in front of his face and he'll forget all about the cheddar wursts of green bay or whatever the hell they eat in florida

19. jilozzo

as i posted before i think a 3rd in 09 and a conditional 2nd in 10 should do it...

personally i think the jets shoud take a shot......

just the mere presence of favre should rub off on nicely clemens, giving him some time to simmer in the bullpen for another year or 2.

if its a bust we give up a 3rd and thats it....IMO its worth a shot.

jil

20. abyzmul

:smile: Yeah it's the easy way to refresh your page. I call it the TGG Button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.