The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

djak i take it you want Brett Favre to play for the Jets? Just a guess.

2. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Just because CP is no BF, it doesnt make him a failure. BF is, in some circles, considered one of the greatest passers of our time. Its unfair to compare Chad to Brett. Obviously if one of the best QBs in the league is out on the market, a team is going to look into it. I dont think its a testament to how bad chad or kellen are, but more a testament to how good Tannenbaum thinks BF4 is.

3. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Look, what you're saying is true on one level, and in earnest I can tell you it's a mentality with which I very much empathize. However, to evaluate careers according to raw binaries - and completely ignore everything that goes into the game for a singular 0/1 judgment - is intellectually dishonest and, well, just plain wrong.

4. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

yep, Dan Marino was a complete and utter failure, and a waste of a draft pick for the dolphins (sarcasm).

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

dude...i want the Jets to win...and Favre is a better option than Penny or Clemens...it's just my opinion....nothing more nothing less. :)

6. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

i know this might sound pathetic, but because i dont live near the new york media market i don't get to hear a lot about my beloved team on espn ect, so if we get favre the jets will be up there with the pats, eagles, cowboys for national media exposure next year, which I LIKE :)

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Last night, I saw Brett in New York in my dream. Wow...Im actually starting to envision how it would be like if he comes to the Jets. However, he's old and his days of glory are beyond him. It may be an immediate upgrade over our current QBs but what about the years to come?

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Pennington hasn't won a SuperBowl for the Jets....i know this sounds harsh...but that is a failure. It's not an opinion...it's a FACT.

9. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

I'm pretty sure the quarterback situation in the years to come will be uncertain regardless of what happens this year.

10. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

No, that you equate not having won a Super Bowl with failure is a fact. Most rational people disagree with your assessment.

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Im sure Marino would still say that his career had a bit of disappointment because of the fact of no SB. Hell of a player do not get me wrong but that ring would have been the extra layer of ice cream on a ice cream cone. Without the extra layer....well it just isnt as good.

12. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Of course Marino will never feel like a complete success because he didn't get the ring; however, to call him an out-and-out failure would be - and is - utterly ridiculous.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

You realize Favre has single-handedly fucked up more playoff games than just about any QB in history, right? You realize that Favre's team last won it all 12 years ago when they had Mike Holmgren as coach and Reggie White, Gilbert Brown, etc on defense, right? So by your standards, what is so great about Brett Favre post 1996?

14. steviep

steviep Active Member

If thats the definition of failure -- you are right.

Thats a pretty big net though.

I think the failure list includes:

Marino
    Kelly
    Tarkenton
    Fouts
    Culpepper
    McNabb

15. Durgle

Durgle New Member

Nice avatar! lol, whoever photomanipulated that is highly talented! ;)

Adam Schefter and Steve Mariucci are both saying that Favre to NYJ seems like a better idea and that there is no imminent trade to Tampa.

16. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I think your point about Chad being a complete failure and the only thing to judge a quarterback on is the rings on their fingers is absurd, but with that being said, i agree with you on that point. I love Chad and i think he has done good for this organization, but Id like to see a winning Jets team in my lifetime, and right now, Brett gives us the best opportunity

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Never said he is a failure but ultimately you aim for the SB. Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton were all great/awesome players but they still had the criticism of not getting a ring in the NBA.

18. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Basically the tampa tribunes rumor was BS, much like everything else in this long story.

Come on, get this done!

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the goal for every team in this league is to win a Super Bowl....if you don't win the super bowl....that is considered a "failure" by every coach in the league....if they didn't feel that way, they would be fired.

How would you feel if Mangini said that he felt that the Jets were shooting for a .500 record during one of his press conferences??!!

Mangini: "Well people, i don't think we have what it takes this year...we're gonna try for 8-8 though...we would consider that a victory for the organization".

yeah...is that what equates as "rational" in your world? :rolleyes:

20. steviep

steviep Active Member

Thats why -- such a standard is ridiculous. Pennington and Marino are failures -- but Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are not.

Its business.

Can I make a change for the better?
    What will it cost me?
    Risk/reward?
    Can i deal with making the move if it fails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.