The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the voice of reason has arrived. :up:

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Not to mention you can't go to the Super Bowl without first getting to the playoffs. There's no express lane.

3. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Come on, let's keep this conversation intelligent. Do you really think that's what I just said?

4. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Now you're attributing arguments to me that I've never made. All I said is that Chad Pennington is a formerly great quarterback, and that it's amazing that he can even compete for a starting quarterback job in the best football league in the world without a functional right shoulder.

I never said that he could win a Super Bowl - or even come very close - in 2008.

#1344 Keeper1125, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

how is that unfair?? These guys are paid to win a Super Bowl....not flounder around in mediochrity..anything less than a superbowl win is considered a failure....c'mon Jetzz...raise your standards a tad....If you ask Pennington himself, he'd probably agree with that line of thinking.

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Now you are starting to sound like Champ... :rofl: We only need one of him around here.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Not trying to attribute anything to you. Just saying that not winning the big one does not mean your a failure. Which was how you responded to FITM saying

8. songster67

songster67 New Member

Penny was not a failure. He did a good job managing a game and was superb at play action when the only significant talent he had was Curtis Martin. Let's not forget, he only had 2 good years out of Coles ('02 & '06)

I myself am the king of the wafflers. Having in-laws who grew up near Platteville, WI and lifelong Bears fans, I have spent a decade + loathing the Pack. And here I hoping that they dont give up the farm but would go nuts to see Favre jump into Faneca's arms after throwing the game winning 60 yard TD pass to beat the Pats.

9. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Farve wants to stay in the NFC ..IMO the weaker Conf. ...and not go against some real competition in the AFC ... Dont force his hand and bring him hear when his heart obviously isnt in it ....get this sh*t over with !!! im having nightmares about this ongoing soap opera !

10. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

I'm all for raising Jets fans' expectations. People around here often are too content to rebuild. But there's no reason to denigrate legitimately talented players who didn't win a Super Bowl. Dan Marino, failure? Barry Sanders? And there about a million other examples, but the salient point is this:

The best measure of a player's ability is the regular season, because it's a useful sample size. The playoffs are a statistical crap shoot: one bad game or bounce and you're done. Often, it's a result of circumstances beyond any one player's control. So let's not say Chad Pennington "failed" when he consistently performed well and gave his team the opportunity to advance deep into the playoffs. If you want to say he came up short, fine, but Chad Pennington, when healthy, was an excellent quarterback. One of the best in the league.

11. songster67

songster67 New Member

Imagine how Goodell must feel. This is the Titletown team. This is one of the top QBs to play the game and this bullsh*t is overshadowing everything...Hall of Fame; Preseason kickoff; EVERYTHING

12. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

just think of how much Madden would gush over Favre vs. Brady twice a year!

13. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

I don't think there's a fan of the NFL in the United States that doesn't want to see this shit over with. It's absolutely absurd.

14. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

No, that makes tons of sense. The guy who just turned down 20+ million dollars to sit on his ass this year is certainly a greedy athlete. If anything, it would be a ploy on Green Bay's part to get a better offer from the Bucs, gain leverage. Id find it hard to believe Green Bay isnt working with Favre here. But dont call Favre just another greedy athlete.

15. songster67

songster67 New Member

Yeah too bad CBS has the dibs. You just know one of the matchups would get bumped to Sunday Night Football Night on NBC.

Speaking of Madden, the game comes out Tuesday. They gonna release the game without Favre? Can they delay or do updates?

16. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

HA! :rofl:

17. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

To be honest, I dont think he minds it at all. Whatever happens, wherever Favre goes, more people will be watching. Drama makes the NFL more money.

18. steviep

steviep Active Member

Football is about making the playoffs. Of course, you play to win chmpnships -- but the goal is to be in the playoffs every year. Maybe youll take one SB -- and then 10 yrs without playoffs -- but i would take a shot every year to be in the dance.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

wow...that's pretty low, comparing me to Champ :lol:

but seriously though...if chad is such a fucking hero...why does this thread exist? Case closed.

Pennington stinks....like a fart in the wind.

20. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

The 31 quarterbacks that don't win the super bowl...yes. They failed to complete the goal of every team in the league...win a championship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.