The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I would think that any pick, aside a first rounder, is fair game for Favre. One of the three best qb's of all-time for a 2nd and a 4th, absolutely.

3. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If BF came to us then they would trade CP making it easier to take on BF cap hit. Barrett is a 4M man & CP is a 6M man which = 10M & BF is a 12M hit making him only a 2M hit if U deduct te other 2 players

5. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

6. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

It was a joke, buddy.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I don't know what scares me more, that I can read and understand what you just typed or that it seems to make sense.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well if it happen IMHO that would be the NYJs play

9. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Pennington definitely goes, for many reasons, cap figure notwithstanding. They wouldn't need to cut Barrett to get under the cap, and I don't see why they would want to do so, given the utter lack of CB depth.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Not to mention that it'll almost guarantee that the MADDEN CURSE is real...... 37 year old QB legend who's never missed a game comes to the JETS for the end of his career..... the writing's on the wall for disaster. (I've watched this team for too long :shit:)

That being said, the outcome won't be much different because Pennington will probably get hurt anyway, the Clemmens comes in. Same result, just higher expectations.

After all the drama, I really could give 2 shits about getting Favre (especially how he's handled this) but if they do it would make the season more exciting and that's why we watch football.

As far as mortgaging the future, no one knows what the offer is, so until then it's not. Pennington is NOT the future, and he's "winning" the QB battle. At least with Favre the JETS have a puncher's chance.
    I can't see any team offering much when they know that Green Bay has no choice, if they blow a 3rd rd pick, so be it, those are not guarantees either, and that's about all the "future" that will be mortgaged"

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We have a lot of CB depth, much like an outhouse has a deep hole full of shit. Cutting Barrett at this point would not hurt too much. Hell, the refs getting in the way made more good stops for us than him last year.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

We were 4-12.. then we made the playoffs the next year. Then we were 4-12 again this past year. I'm not saying we will go to the playoffs this year as a pattern, but we have notably upgraded both our offense and defensive lines, and providing we get a return on that investment, then we have a chance at a wild-card again this year. Can you count the number of times the guy who can't throw a dart at a dart board has gotten us to the playoffs? More than once. It can happen again. In either event - we are still looking for a QB.

And Brett Favre... I wanna play some football... uhm... maybe I don't feel like playing much football today. Don't get me wrong, I love Brett Favre. I have defended the guy throughout his career when people were bitching about his INT totals, or how he was too long in the tooth, blah, blah, blah. The fact remains... we get this guy for what, 1 or 2 years? Tops. What do we get back for that? What did we have to give to inherit his media circus? And the last time I counted, we have quite a few people on the team with play-off experience.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

let's acquire him first...and then worry about what happens to Penny. Can't put the cart before the horse.

14. steviep

steviep Active Member

its not much of a gamble -- because the risk is not so much Unless its a No 1 pick or a herschel walker package.

15. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Oh, I agree. It's a low-risk, high-reward move. I use the word "risk" to appease the folks who think Woody Johnson's money or a 3rd-round pick or Kellen Clemens' "development" are significant quantities.

It's a no-fucking-brainer.

#1295 Keeper1125, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

WDAE in Tampa reported that the Pack are looking for a 1st rounder which could explain the holdup.

17. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

if the Jets give up a 1st for him I will lose it

18. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

How fucking dumb do the Packers have to be to exacerbate what has been a total nightmare for them?

Neither team will offer a 1st. The Jets will probably offer a 2nd.

19. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

They won't. The Packers have no leverage here.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I hope they're not holding their breath on that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.