The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

long live this thread!

so much drama, its unbelievable that two billion dollar organizations can agree on something, but because of one average joe from mississippi the deal cant get done. shows you brett favre really is bigger than the packers.

2. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

The guy has never missed a game. I'm just not very worried about his conditioning.

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Wrong-headed? Oh, really? What do we have to give up to get him? To get a guy that might play a year, two if we are lucky. I am willing to bet the cost to get him is too high for what he'll give us in return for that investment. I am not sure how anyone can deem us SB contenders with Brett Favre alone... I'd like to think we'd be playoff worthy, but we are close to that now with the group we have. Why not save your future draft picks to continue building the team. We are looking for a QB in either case whether we get him or not. It doesn't make any sense, except that you folks can cream your pants because he can throw the ball 50 yards in the space of 1.257 seconds. :rolleyes:

4. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Like I said, highly entertaining. I've already offered my stance numerous times, and am not impressed by any of your refutations. I'm not going to get into it today, because, quite frankly, I don't feel like attempting rational discourse with a bunch of folks who just aren't up to the task.

5. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Holy fuck people...we were 4-12 last year!!! how does that make us close with the group we currently have. We have one QB that couldn't throw a dart at a dart board, and another QB that thinks you win games by throwing INT's instead of TD's.

Favre isn't just about throwing the long ball.....he brings a wealth of playoff experience...the guy is a 9 time Pro Bowler...and he's still playing at a high level...and with recent events, it seemes he wants to crush the competition more than ever to make sure the Packers have mud on their faces.

The Jets FO understands this ...which is why they tabled a better offer than TB.....why can't you Favre-doubters get it through your thick skulls....this is a WIN-NOW team....not a "let's win 5 years from now" team.....jesus!

7. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

This Jets roster is probably an 8-8 team. They have one of the softest schedules in the NFL, thus putting them on the brink of being playoff contenders.

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I believe that a majority of the Jet fans would want Favre if there was a better than even chance that you would get the Favre of 2007. How could you not sign up for those numbers if you're a Jet fan? However, what happens if you get the Favre of 2005 and 2006?

If you believe the reports that he he was committed and worked out feverishly prior to 2007 that could have had a huge reason in his up-turn in numbers. That certainly hasn't been the case this year. Therefore, to expect the same numbers as last year (especially with all of the emotional crap that's happened, new team, and the lack of preparation) getting number's that resembles Favre's 2007 season is highly in doubt.

Talk about the hot seat for Tannenbaum / Mangini. What happens if the Jets give up draft picks and $12M a year and then the Jets don't proceed far in the playoffs?

9. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Then they're in the same place that they would have been anyway? They're not giving up a first rounder here.

The $12M figure is an utterly moot point, by the way. It literally does not matter one iota, outside of the effect on Woody's checking account. Jets fans really need to catch up to the fact that the cap structure is evolving.

10. steviep

steviep Active Member

Bottom line: he makes the jets better now. How much better? Who knows. The OLine is better -- so it wont get him killed. The WR's are not great -- but not much worse than what he dealt with in GB (He made them better). The TEs are good and the running game is good.

Chad is done.
    KC maybe great but its not a sure enough thing to pass this up.
    Still making noises that he will come here, but doesnt want to.

11. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

The aforementioned news I posted is absolutely enormous, by the way. Favre has now ceded that he is willing to play for the Jets, and the Jets are, by all accounts, offering the superior compensation package.

I think New York is now the favorite.

12. steviep

steviep Active Member

I dont think this is really that hard a decision. My guess (based on nothing):

A second round
    A fourth round
    Chad maybe gone -- and I think Herm would take him.

13. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

And Jets fans need to understand that this is ok. Of course it's a fucking gamble, but the upside is incontrovertibly worth the risk.

14. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Sounds about right. This isn't anything that will set the franchise back for years, or even days.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If it's true then I think it's a lock he goes to the Jets considering the Packers preference.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

...but what the hell will we talk about for 4 weeks if we know who the starter is going to be? :eek:hmy:

17. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Basically, it sounds like the Packers are doing their best to massage Favre's ego, and he's now reluctantly saying he'll go to the Jets if there's no other choice. It's not exactly a ringing endorsement, but it's all the green light Green Bay will need to ship him to the AFC, which I'm sure they are desperate to do.

18. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Maybe they'll keep Chad, and we can hold giant flame wars over who the #2 should be.

19. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Once I thought I was out, they bring me back in...

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

As funny as that would be, I highly doubt that if we were to get Favre that Chad would be around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.