The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durgle

Durgle New Member

I agree that the bucs will not do better than 7-9 this year with or without Favre. The Jets, on the other hand, have a chance to go 10-6 or maybe even 11-5 this year if we didnt have equal parts young & suck as our two QB options.

Favre should come here, I'll personally take him fishing. Sh*t if he wins for us he can have my woman for the night like they did in the middle ages. IDC, I just want to win. CP has already proven he is incapable of that, lets bring in someone who has proven the opposite.

Tannenbaum, call 1800GETFAVRE or however you get in touch with Bus Cook and make this thing happen.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I wouldn't assume the Bucs aren't going to be affected by Favre going there... they have a top 5 defense in the NFL, and if they had Favre, they'd have someone who can utilize Joey Galloway to his fullest. I think Favre makes Tampa an 11-5 team.

3. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

jeff garcia, if healthy, will lead tampa to the playoffs in a weak nfc. the bucs defense is so good that, to me, getting favre is not a good idea for them. garcia is a better fit for the bucs because he won't turn the ball over like brett will. with that defense all they have to do is play efficient offense and they should cruise into the playoffs, the problem is that chucky likes to pay madden, not nfl football

4. akibud

akibud Active Member

So... do we go after Jeff Garcia when the Bucs sign Favre?? I am sure he is still a cut above the two QBs we have now

5. Durgle

Durgle New Member

I doubt that Brett Favre will have that much of an impact on the Bucs. The Bucs have a relatively tough schedule for their offense this year. They play 8 games against teams with stout defenses, all 8 of those games are also against teams with a great secondary. With their limited talent in the receiving corps, Brett is going to have a hard time finding Joey Galloway behind the double coverage... that is, if he's not injured like he is every year. I dont think that the Bucs will be anywhere near 11-5 with or without Favre. Jeff Garcia turns the ball over far less, which also relieves stress off their defense which is their only weapon.

6. Durgle

Durgle New Member

We should, but we wont.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What makes you think Minnesota won't go after Garcia if he becomes available? They are smart enough to realize they need a QB and do something about it if an opportunity comes about.

#1227 Don, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Garcia will end up in Chicago.

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I wouldnt want Garcia, if they want to dump someone, I want Simms....

10. akibud

akibud Active Member

... in case anyone was wondering, EA simulated the seasons of 4 teams with and without Favre... here is how it went..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/game_room/2008/07/madden-09-sims-favres-possible-comeback.html

[​IMG]

11. Durgle

Durgle New Member

ww[w].karademon.com/billyMaysFavre.png

lol ^

12. ihatethedolphins3

3500 yds w/22 tds w/ a 108 QBR from chad, ill take it!!!!!!

13. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

New York has better Fishing than Florida?!! Florida is almost entirely surrounded by saltwater, while NY has a coupla islands for a coastline.

Take off the apple colored glasses!:smile:

14. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Does anyone else think all Farve wants to do is play the Packers at some point? Look at some of his destinations: Minny & Chicago whom Brett has a boner to play for both play GB twice, Tampa who seems to be 3rd plays GB once this year, & the Jets whom Brett seems to want nothing to do with doesn't play GB at all. He'd already be a Jet if he didn't want to go there(ESPN today said GB gave the Jets a lower price to get Farve than TB) & I think it's because we don't play GB is the major reason why.

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Exactly! Why do you think Anthony Schlegal left?

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

agreed.

I don't mind making a play for a 38 year old QB with Favre skills....but i'm 100% against signing some mediocre 38 year old "game-manager" like Garcia......plus he's injury-prone.

He does have a hot wife though. :wink:

17. ihatethedolphins3

chris mort said that on espn

18. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Favre has not practived or worked out all summer and had an off-season similar to the ones he had during the years he was throwing all of those picks. Last year Favre apparently was worked like a horse and was in the best shape going into camp then he has been in years. This is not the case this year.

Personally I am hoping Favre lands somewhere else.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yes but....Brett Favre is MOTIVATED this year with a massive chip on his shoulder. Barring any injuries...i think Favre has a better year this year than last.

I'm telling you....we need this guy. Tannenbaum should auction off a 3rd round pick and his left testicle to bring Favre to the Jets.....Favre's motivation alone should will us 10 wins :up:

20. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Plus he plays like a kid out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.