The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

the only reason i would want farve is to show kellen how to be a good nfl qb, bc they do have some similarities, big arm, no fear, and they dont have speed, but they can avoid sacks and get out of the pocket quickly, i think kellen needs to be emulating farve's game, not chad's because although kellen has a looooooooooong way to go, he has some farve like charscteristics, and who better to teach him then #4?? just for the record this in my opinion does not outway the negatives and i do not want farve on this team

2. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

3. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

There?s nothing going on exept the Favre-mess, so everyone writes about it, nomatter if they know anything or not. I?ve seen articles that say in one sentence, that the Jets are close and in the next sentence that he?ll never come here.

Reading anymore of this BS is just a waste of time.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah I think i've reached this conclusion as well. I will check in periodically throughout the day, but not as rediculously as i was last night. besides, somebody will call me if Farve is not only reinstated, but moved to the Jets...

At this point I would toss the packers a 3rd round bone, with a clause that could make it a #2, then I would call Bus Cook and promise the Jets will give him a deal worth at least as much as the packers are offering monetarily, and toss in endorsement deals and Farve will be the richest man in history. And in a Jets uniform come sundown today.

Honestly I hope the marketing deal is just a ploy to drive up the price from the jets for both favre and the packers...

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It seems like all the stories saying the Jets are talking to Favre's agent are using the green bay gazette as their source. This is the over zelous paper that broke the story yesterday and even had the false headline "It's over, Favre traded to Jets" up for a little while before changing it. That same paper is now reporting that Favre told ESPN he does not want to play for the Jets and he's considering taking the retirement deal.

I'm not believing any stories of the Jets talking with Favre's agent until I hear it from ESPN or another reputable source that isn't using the Green Bay Gazette as their source.

6. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

it's over, he'd rather retire than play for the Jets. I love being a Jets fan.

7. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

He wants no part of being a Jet. I must admit, I was excited last night but it turned out to be BS.

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I have always loved Brett and it would have been amazing to see him playing for the Jets. Which I just don't think is going to happen. However If Brett takes the money I would seriously lose respect for him. I haven't lost respect for him during this whole situation, but I would if he take this disgusting bribe. This whole things is just shameful.

9. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

At this point, I'm inclined to agree with Pennington to say that this is putting a huge cloud on our team. Unless we have a real shot at getting Favre, then Tannenbaum needs to let this issue go, so this team can move on with the season.

10. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

When will people learn that Brett Favre is a piece of shit?? He needs to fucking retire. His wife has breast cancer and he's too busy being a douche bag to sit back and say "Maybe I should spend some time with my wife that could die at any moment."

He's a selfish prick.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

His wife has been encouraging and assisting his "unretiring". Wow. All Brett Favre did was have a hard time making up his mind about whether to retire or not and people want to call him a selfish piece of shit.

Unreal.

12. devils744

devils744 New Member

It's obvious that Brett just wants to play in the NFC North and play for the Vikings. He only wants to go to a team that is a contender and has a chance at "hurting" the Packers for a few years.

13. Bricket-head

His wife being encouraging and supportive has nothing to do with him being a selfish prick. That just means she is a good person, despite her ailment she supports her husband. She puts his wants/ needs over hers. Brett on the other hand is an assclown.

He knows it too. He's well aware he's become the biggest distraction in the league. He doesn't give a shit. After umpteen years with a team, and with thousands of supporters, people that idolize this friggin guy, some of the best fans in the NFL, this is how Favre repays them for their support? He basically says fuck you if I can't start I'll go play for your worst enemy.

He's a dick. His love for the game is nothing more than love for being relevant.

14. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

I totally agree. He professes to want to come back because of his love for the game. In reality, he only "loves the game" when he's playing it for Minnesota. The game suddenly becomes not so much fun when he's playing it for the Jets and suddenly, when that's his only prospect for playing, he'd rather stay retired! If he truly wanted to come back because he gets fired up for playing on Sundays, then he should be thrilled with whichever team he is sent to.

15. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He didn't want to play for a second-rate organization.

16. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

At this point, I would be embarrassed if we ended up signing Favre...

17. WhiteShoeWillis

You have no idea what condition his wife is in. She appeared to be pretty healthy when they showed her cheering at packers games last year. I doubt she could "die at any moment", and I doubt the man would be trying to come back if she were that sick.

Maybe he just wants to play for a team he feels has a shot at the superbowl and the Vikings are the only team he thinks he can play for that has that shot. Maybe he wants to play with people he's familiar with. Maybe he wants to play in an offensive system he's familiar with.

You have no idea what's going through his head.

18. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Well, yeah. BUT, he'd rather retire AND COLLECT 20 MILLION for NOT playing than play for the Jets.

I choose to factor that in so my feelings aren't hurt about him dissing our team.

I'm part of that small minority who doesn't really want him on the Jets. It reminds me a bit of when I was a kid and the Giants brough in future Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton at the end of his career. That really turned things around for them...

19. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Okay, we can certainly argue over whether trading for Favre would be good for the Jets. There are strong arguments for both sides. What you can't argue is that Favre is a self-centered asshole. Have you paid attention at all to what he's been doing to the Packers for the last several years? Just in case you've forgotten, here's a list of events to consider regarding Favre's legacy:

1. He lays down and gives his golfing buddy Strahan an NFL record. What kind of idiot does this? And if you believe he didn't do this on purpose you probably believe O.J. didn't commit murder. Almost any other QB does this and the NFL comes down hard on him. But this is Brett Favre, NLF icon, so we can't do squat.

2. He didn't just waffle on retiring this year. He's been doing it for years making the team wait on him until he decides what he thinks is best for him. How can you not see how selfish he is?

3. He crticizes the organization while trying to decide whether to retire. Not just this year but several past years, saying they haven't done enough to improve the team. Of course he's proven wrong and they make it to the NFC Championship game last year.

4. Not only is Favre a QB and NFL icon, he's a GM as well. If you don't go sign this guy and that guy I'm going to go take my ball and go home. Okay, you called my bluff, I'm not going to leave.

5. I've got the itch to play again. No, not for the Packers, not for the Jets, not for the Buccaneers, but for Minnesota so I can come back and kick your ass.

6. Well, dang it, you called my bluff again. Okay, then give me $20M to sit on my ass in Missis, um however the hell you spell it, and I'll stay away. Because really, if I can't come back and show you what dumbasses you are I don't really want to play football.

And I'm sure there's lots more. So let's get real. The guy is a self-centered ass. There is no debate. And watch him spin this once he finally decides to retire again. I did it for the good of the team. I did not want to be a distraction. Bullshit, he did it because he played poker and lost.

20. Bricket-head

I have a perfect idea of whats going through his head. "Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me."

Wipe the Favre jizz off your chin it's embarrassing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.