The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Talks are heating up from what i see and Game Spot just posted a new pic for Madden 09 with Favre in a Jets Uniform , Pretty sick.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

well the NFLN thing was an update before the Vikings team cam thing... and it was in between commercials fo tonights 11pm showing of Team Cam...

but good news is no mention of this bullshit(hopefully) marketing deal.

and Bus cook was qouted as saying Farve is itching to get back into action... so no matter whether that was at 10 am that morning or 11:16 pm, he has the itch, meaning he may be desperate enough to play one more season....

3. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

trade them the Vilma conditional pick which will probably be a 3rd rounder

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Favre is gonna fuck the Jets in their perverbial ass if he gets traded to us....it will be Jake Plummer all over again.

I want him here just like everybody else...

The problem is...He DOES NOT want to come here.....hell, he hasn't even spoken to the Jets brass...

5. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I dont know. The guys is a great QB, did very well last year with a good coach, upgraded olines and dlines, (the year before looked much like our year last year) and imo definately has at least one more solid year in him. BUT he has to learn an ENTIRELY new system, in a VERY short amount of time (can he even start right away?) and not to mention a new team, new oline who themselves have much jelling to do with or without a new QB, new coaches etc... PLUS playing for NY under the spotlights where if he comes here and tosses mucho INTS in the first few games he can expect to get a Chad special with extra sauce from the fans here.

I am happy that such a legend may come to NY, but the guy is not superman. Not to mention he is a temporary Jet player who will not be playing for much longer. Is this really the answer for us?

#885 fake_crs, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

dude that guy in the event staff coat looks mad realistic, more so than Farve! lol

but if gamespot did it, well its definately gonna happen by morning! I hope...

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

do you guys remember what it felt like when you found out Santa Claus wasn't real......this is where we are headed with this. :mad:

8. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Ed Werner on ESPN sports center said that Favre doesn't want to play for the Jets, I don't know what to believe....

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

^^ he better get used to the idea, Jets fans would love him from crying out loud. he would make that 20 mill in endorsment deals alone in NY forget his salary for the year, and above all he would make us conteders! whats not to like? unlesss of course he hates mangini/ or thinks the team will suc this year, even with him on the roster...

10. KBJET

KBJET Member

sign him! im sick of all this waiting around

11. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

From PFT...
    FAVRE-TO-JETS REPORT OVERSTATED?
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 31, 2008, 11:20 p.m. EDT

Contrary to a report from the Green Bay Press-Gazette suggesting that quartberack Brett Favre could soon be traded by the Packers to the Jets, Dan Leberfeld of Scout.com reports that a deal isn’t close.

“That is not the case,” a source told Leberfeld in response to the Press-Gazette declaration that the Packers and Jets are in “serious talks.”

Our guess is that the Packers are floating the notion that they’re in serious talks with the Jets either to leverage any team to which the Jets might actually be talking, or to spark bidding on an auction for Favre’s services.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Favre wants to play in the NFC North....he wants to stick it to Ted Thompson twice a year....that's why he doesn't want to play for us or any other team outside of the NFC North.

I don't buy into his bullshit routine of "Oh, i just want to play again, i still have a lot left in the tank"...it's more like "I want to skull fuck Ted Thompson twice a year, and for every TD i throw against the packers, I want him to remember why it was a bad decision to cut me loose"

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

we cant just sign him, we have to get him reinstated first, and then we have to trade for him.

but Farve just doesn't want to play ball apparently he is considering staying retired rather than take what appears to be his only option, us.

Its on again on NFLN that talks are heating up...

14. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Ed Werder is reporting old news

Bus Cook himself has recently said that Favre would play for the Jets

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I want to hear it from Favre himself....before i'm convinced.

16. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Do I seriously just keep missing it? I see dolphins cheerleader bs.

17. allan1

allan1 Active Member

And Leberfeld needs to shut his hole. He's a chad fanboy and has been against trading for favre.

18. KBJET

KBJET Member

ill be honest..at first i was a little against the jets going for favre. but now that ive done some thinkin i am all for it. from what ive heard about clemens and pennington in training camp so far neither of them have been that impressive

19. 624

624 Banned

big news stuff like this isnt supposed to happen to the Jets....

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Dear Jesus,

Please make this happen.

Your loyal servant,
    djak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.