The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

That would have been tampering at the time.

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Why not? Boomer made a Pro Bowl his first season as a Jet. He wasn't bad at all.

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

^^^I don't worry too much about the injury thing either. One thing Favre has proved over the years; he is as tough as they come.

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

It may sound silly folks and granted this is all superstition and all but man......

The Madden curse is something to not mess with. When a guy is on it, he is on it.

5. Gator

Gator Active Member

Well, he's never experienced the NFL in the Green and White. If he was drafted by us all those years ago he'd probably have a limp and be working for UPS.

6. #28Martin

Oh absolutely. What the GM thinks about Penny? What planet are you on. Penny can't throw the ball. I know some of you want to play pretend that somehow that doesn't matter when rating a QB, which is obviously ridiculous, but it does matter. And this stuff about him making good decisions is absolutely nonsense, also. Anyone whose watched the Jets the past two seasons, knows he makes a ton of misreads in key spots, that led to big picks. No NFL team, that has a young QB ready to play, and plays in the cold, is gonna want Penny. That isn't me knowing what the Green Bay GM thinks,, that's ABSOLUTE LOGIC.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Your right, stop this discussion right now!

8. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico New Member

lol in case anyone didnt catch hornets lil joke, it would say

Fa God

9. #28Martin

Let's not get crazy here. Boomer is a borderline Hall of Famer. He won a MVP and was an excellent, excellent QB. Was he Favre, no but he was very very good.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Funny stuff :rofl:

11. Welcome to J-Ville

Welcome to J-Ville New Member

I wonder what would happen with the madden cover if favre played for a team other than the packers

12. Denny

Denny Active Member

Would you rather have a sputtering Farve or Penny or Clemens? Say Farve comes here. Just saying. How long would you say it would take him to get greased up in this offense? Say he has 5 weeks of preseason and struggles to the Arizona game which has a bye after it. 8 or 9 weeks? That season has more potential than going with the other two. Plus this is a great way to let Chad slip away plus Ainge is an unknown with great potential who has a front row seat the exact way Chad had behind Vinny. It's a believable scenario. I would rather have that then watching this broken record over and over again.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

to those wondering about Farve leaving after a year, can't we restructure a deal, where he gets a base salary this season, and no garunteed money for the remaining years, unless he comes back to play. then he recieves bonus money or whatever.

Also, on the trade, couldn't it be a conditional pick with bonus incentives? Say it's a fifth round pick if Farve comes to NY and we miss the post-season and he retires after the year, a fourth round pick in the same scenario, but he comes back next year, a third round pick if we make the AFC title game but he retires, a second if we go to the AFC title game and he retires, or a first in 2010 if we win the SB and he comes back the next year.

for that deal sign my ass up boys.

either way I would want Farve in green and white, the potential this team would have this year is off the charts. and with my pick scenario, if Farve comes in and bombs, no harm no foul, if he booms well we give up a big pick, but oh well right? we had success. And the Packers can't lose, they get compensation for a guy they not only don't want, but had planned on not having any more. not bad for either party in my opinion...

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Well whatever happens I hope it happens soon. I hate waiting for the news to break!

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Already announced that copies of the game are already being produced and the cover will stay the same.

BREAKING NEWS: Favre prolly would not want to play for the Jets.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-1-27/Favre-to-Jets--Mere-mention-jolts-AFC-East.html

The idea of Brett Favre slinging footballs for the New York Jets elicited a very distinct reaction this afternoon throughout the AFC East.

Awwww. Please tell me you're kidding.

No, we're not.

As ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported today, the Green Bay Packers have given the Jets permission to speak with Favre. The Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers reportedly want the record-setting quarterback, and the Packers appear ready to trade him.

The Jets went 4-12 last season, struggling to mount any substantial offense with Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens.

Suffice to say, the rest of the AFC East likes its chances against either of those two.

The dynamic would change radically with Favre in green and white.

As one AFC personnel man told me, it's too difficult to predict how Favre would benefit the Jets because his impact would rely on many moving parts. How fast does he learn the system? How quickly does he find chemistry with his receivers? How does he handle new surroundings -- and what certainly will be a relentless media -- after so many years in a homogenous setting?

But one thing opponents can be sure of: Favre's vertical ability would transform the Jets enough to make defensive coordinators squirm. No more touch-and-feel Pennington plays. No more safe calls because of Clemens' inexperience and questionable decisions.

Favre's presence would remove the handcuffs. The card offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer holds on Sunday would look a whole lot different.

But would trading for Favre be a wise choice for the Jets?

The Jets would be making a substantial commitment to a player who can help them win now but won't be a part of their future. They would be asking an awful lot of an aging player -- one who already has retired once, mind you -- and asking him to rally a group of teammates he has never played with.

That might be too much to ask on a team with so many question marks.

The trade might not work, but the mere possibility Favre could join the Jets has created plenty of dread within AFC East offices.

When was the last time a Jets quarterback did that?

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Then you punt, put the defense on the field, etc. Pretty basic football there.

18. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Even if they don't get him, the fact that they are TALKING to him makes me more confident in the FO. Last week, it was "we have no interest." That made me irate. It said to me they weren't even pretending that they were interested in undoubtedly improving, which Favre is...an improvement.
    Now, at least, they are trying to get the best qb available...which he is. And he's better than our current qb's so, I'm glad they took their heads out of their asses and are selling us on their effort.

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Good stuff man!! :up:

20. Denny

Denny Active Member

Finally this thread slowed down. That was the most fastest paced thread I've had to follow since I joined. Not including game threads. Imagine if this guy signs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.