OTA Update from Daily News: 5/22

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mickey Shuler 82, May 22, 2008.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He wasn't anything special, but he played a big part in our win over the Pats in Foxboro in Mangini's first season. I'll remember him for that.

2. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

This is true. He's had 2 major injuries the past 2 years, hopefully he's snapped out of that injury funk. He was healthy before that at Clemson so it's not like he's always had injury problems, hopefully they were freak things. The guy sounds like he can play.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Stuckey:

the thing that's so promising about Stuckey are his hands. while he lacks the size you want in a WR, he seems to suck in anything thrown his way. to me, that's just as important as size because if he gets open - and even if he doesn't and the QB has to thread the needle - he's gonna catch it.

having guys like Coles, Cotchery, and Stuckey, who can all catch passes very well, is such a valuable asset. im excited to seem him play if he can stay healthy.

4. flgreen

flgreen New Member

5. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Being in South Carolina, and having my parents living 15 minutes away from Clemson and going to games when I visit, I can tell you that Stuckey can play.

He did have some injury problems in college, but overall he was an extremely reliable receiver. He's not a burner, which is why he fell so far, but I think he will be a great slot receiver for us.

6. D2fan

D2fan New Member

Hopefully it was just the weather and lack of practice, having not done it in college. I'm sure he will catch on.

7. 624

624 Banned

Any news on Marcus Henry?

8. flgreen

flgreen New Member

9. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I saw him in the college all-star game & the guy catches everything. Another Chrebet. I was wondering when he would start to shine.

10. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

He helped Jets beat N.E. & don't forget that.....that glorius november day in '07' & the Jets last final moment of glory.

11. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

im really not a big fan of stuckey. so he can catch passes but i think cotch has just as sure hands as him ( i mean the guy's a 7th rounder and there are only so many colstons). I personally think that henry will be the slot by the end of the season.

where does keller fit in terms of lining up on the field most of the time

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with anything...you don't like him because cotch has good hands? I'd take a receiving corps of 3 cotches anytime.

13. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

some people have mentioned that he really has good hands... i dunno, i see henry being a better fit with his height and i stick with my gut thinking he will be the slot WR by the end of the season.

14. Quack

Quack New Member

That would be ridiculous.

As a side note, I wouldn't worry about Woodhead screwing up on the punts. If you live near Hofstra, you know what the weather was like today. I walked into Home Depot on Hempstead Tpk with it raining bullets (it had only started seconds before that). I walked out after getting a lightbulb and the rain was gone with a completely clear sky. It was weird as hell.