Jets Sign Danny Woodhead

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Apr 27, 2008.

1. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

This reminds me of San Diego and Darren Sprowles (sp) last year. SD got blasted for drafting a very short RB, and look what he accomplished. Here the Jets get a probable return guy and special teamer who can probably make the squad as a free agent.

I love this kind of story and it will be great to see how it plays out.

2. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

And Welker is stated at 5'9 but everyone says hes like 5'7 5'8 Anything is possible. But I do like him seems like a potential Chrebet in terms of fan favorite if makes the team.

3. D2fan

D2fan New Member

He is 5'7 That is what they measured him at the Nebraska pro day. 202 lbs.

4. afternoondelight

anyone have any recent information on this kid?

5. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

I pray he makes the team and is developed as a wide receiver. With his soft hands, deep speed, exceptional agility and his natural ability to rack up huge yardage after the catch, I believe he has the potential to be a more durable version of Steve Smith. As much as I am a big fan of Leon, i believe that anything that Leon can do, Danny can do better.

6. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

You have got to love statements like this.

7. flgreen

flgreen New Member

Can he return punts?

The Jets have two excellent KR's. If this kid can return punts he has a great chance to make the Jets

8. flgreen

flgreen New Member

At 5'7" 202 he isn't a small guy, he's just a short guy. I don't care what division he played in, 8,000 yards is a lot of yards.

This kid should be fun to watch in camp. Hope we get to see him during the season

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I want to win a SB. I hope he was signed for skill and not sentiment. Whilst I love the guy, hes a dwarf and one big hit could knock hi into never never land.
    I'm cringing.

10. flgreen

flgreen New Member

202 is not a dwarf.

If he was 185 I would be concerned about his health.

A RB like DMC, who is 6' 1" and 208, and tries to run over people is much more of an injury concern

11. Altoona

One big, strategically placed hit can have the same result on any player of any size. Otherwise, your size related concerns are unfounded. While there probably are not too many players who are shorter than Woodhead, I would guess that there are at least 150 to 200 NFL players who weigh less than he does.

12. freddy and the jets

Yeah and at 5'7 so he can hide behind the line much easier than most runnigbacks. His weight can help him take hits. If his size is the only knock on him he can and should be something special...

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Shite. Theres a reason why small guys don't make it in the NFL. If he continually gets run over eventually something will break.

14. 624

624 Banned

Short not small

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ever heard of Maurice Jones-Drew? He's most likely 5'5 or 5'6...but he has so much power in his legs. Danny Woodhead is the same way.

I'm not saying that Woodhead is going to be the same type of caliber that Jones-Drew is, but MJD is a good example of why you can't knock guys...especially running backs because of their height.

16. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

Can you say...
    Maurice Jones-Drew?

17. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

Shit, man...
    Beat me to the punch.

18. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Woodhead = Steve Smith (Carolina) ??

are you serious?? Smitty is arguably the best WR in the NFL.

19. Capt. Ace Nick

Can't wait to get his jersey. Hope he's the next Chrebet type player the Jets need.

20. Altoona

Why not? While he does not have much route running pedigree or experience that Smith had coming out of the draft, he has excellent hands, the same leaping ability, is quicker than Smith over 10, 20 and 40 yard dashes and registered better times on all the agility drills, i.e. 3 cone, 20 yard shuttle etc. He's already proved his exceptional skills as a running back which would translate well into making tacklers miss in the open field after the catch. Oh and he's 15-17 pounds heavier than Smith. While it certainly would be an experiment, the ingredients and the potential are all there.

The Titans are intending to do the same thing with Chris Johnson who was the only RB in this years draft to run a quicker 40 than Woodhead. Johnson, BTW, who is 5'11'' and was drafted in the first round, weighs 4 pounds less than Woodhead, . Johnson has more speed (than anyone in the NFL) and is probably a more polished route runner at this pount but anyone with Woodhead's remarkable agility can learn to run precise, sharp and consistent routes.

Former Jets WR, Santana Moss weighed only 181 lbs when he was drafted.