Jets Ranked 105th In Fan Satisfaction ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, May 15, 2008.

1. kelly

kelly Banned

Jets Ranked 105th In Fan Satisfaction
    Posted on May 13th, 2008 by Mack Rosenberg

In a relatively recent poll of fan satisfactory held by ESPN Magazine, the Jets are ranked 105th our of 122 sports franchises. Some notable teams that the Jets are ahead of: Bengals, Raiders, Vikings (surprise), Rams, and of course the New York Knicks. Here?s what they had to say about the Jets.

Watching your team finish a season with four wins just one year after it made the playoffs is painful. Watching the free fall while your sworn enemies?and landlords?head to the Super Bowl is torture. And that was only one piece of the nightmare. A 7.7% price hike meant fans paid the fifth-priciest tariff to enter Giants Stadium, a cesspool with zero character, decrepit bathrooms and hostile concourses. Gate D, in particular, made news for being a place where men lined up to grope and insult women. The consequence was a beer ban in Week 17, just in time for Gang Green to win itself out of a top-three draft slot. Ownership did open up usually tight coffers in the off-season for G Alan Faneca, DE/LB Calvin Pace, OL Damien Woody and DT Kris Jenkins. But if Mangenius can?t get the new and (maybe) improved Jets back to the playoffs, fans will be faced with another sobering experience. - Morty Ain

Sadly, he hits pretty close to the mark. It has been very tough to be a fan of the Jets in the last year since going 4-12. However, one thing they forgot to mention is that even though it was torture seeing the Patriots go 16-0 in the regular season, most of the torture suffered by Jets fans in the regular season was washed away by seeing New England fall in the Super Bowl to of all teams, the Giants. Am I right Jets fans?

Come on, maybe it?s hard to admit for some, but all was good in the world after the Super Bowl for most Jets fans. And it followed with a very interesting scene of events in the offseason, as mentioned by Ain.

> http://www.thejetsblog.com/?p=4215

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey Kelly, someday you should put a big ugly hairy dude in your avatar.

3. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

cant agree w/that article 100% but he made some good points, also the cheatriots losing the sb and the whole spygate thing, took some of the sting away as a jets fan, imo

4. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Wow..I'm surprised we're rated that high!

5. Capt. Ace Nick

Were #105! Were # 105 !!!!! can't wait for that to replace J-E-T-S

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Considering there are only 32 teams in the NFL, we are right where we should be.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

Why? We're such a pleasant bunch.

8. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

what a lie. there not women they are hossseee.

9. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Fan satisfaction? Great to know.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Aighttttttttttttttt

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think its covered with the one on the left.

12. Analog Kid

Analog Kid Member

Looks like a photoshop of Bret Michaels from the cover of 'Look What the Cat Dragged In.'

13. HughC

HughC New Member

Those other seventeen fan bases must have something very special to be so proud of their teams

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

105th Airbourne. It makes sense.

[​IMG]

15. boomer

boomer Active Member

I guess it's true Jet fans are a pretty miserable bunch, but we probably shouldn't be. A lot of fans would kill to have 5 playoff appearances in 10 years, the young core of players and coaches we have now, and a brand new stadium in the works. There are also so many pro sports teams that never won a championship and although we only have one about a million years ago, it happens to be one of the most revered games in sports history and still gets massive attention and celebration even to this day. Maybe if more Jet fans would dispose of this culture of self pity they embrace so enthusiastically, they would realize this. Just my 2 cents though.

16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Is that just for last year? Thats where the article is getting all it "facts" from... if thats the case I'm surprised we are 105...

17. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

im surprised they ranked us that high. that stadium on game day is a mess of drunken lunatics. it has to be top 5 least safe places to see a game. also, the fact that the parking situation is the worst in sports (which they never mentioned). now personally, i have a blast but im 24 whereas i would never take a kid under the age of say 13 there due to fan behavior

18. Denny

Denny Active Member

haha, dude, the one on the far left makes me suspicious.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

As a fan, you can never be satisfied unless your team can win the big game. We haven't done that in 40 years, so I'm not surprised by the rating.

20. kelly

kelly Banned

me too. i'd think we'd be alot lower down " the list " . :(