Sportsline Woodhead Article

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ghostridergo, May 5, 2008.

1. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Here is an article sportsline.com did on Danny Woodhead:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10811424/1

I really hope they find some room for him when the season starts. He could be another playmaker on special teams and on those special trick plays that Shotty likes to run.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He and Brad Smith could run the double-gimmick-trick-double reverse. :up: They'll never see it coming.

3. flgreen

flgreen New Member

In order for Woodhead to make the roster he will have to be a very good punt returner. if not he is probably PS bound

4. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

You can never have enough good players, I'll admit. The only issue I see is that he is portrayed as a Leon Washington-type player -- quick, elusive, will make his mark on ST. Is there really a spot for him.

I guess if Leon is really part of a two-headed RB monster, then he should probably give up some of his ST activities, so maybe that's Woodhead's role.

5. flgreen

flgreen New Member

Leon is a great KR, not so much as a punt returner, if this kid can return punts well i think they will find a roster spot for him.

6. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

I agree I think if he can show worth on special teams, returning punts he has a shot.

7. D2fan

D2fan New Member

If you have and SI subscription check out the Oct. 22,2007 edition. They have an article on DW on page 46. It's when alot of people started hearing about him. The photographer who came to the campus said SI was going to put either him on the cover or Tom Brady. Obviously they made a bad choice, but it was still a cool article.

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I can't wait to see him carry the ball in preseason games. Hopefully he will get in there for some decent drives and get 10 carries and the chance to catch a pass or 2 in the flats to see what he can do.

9. unklB

unklB New Member

You can go to SI.com, search "woodhead" and find the link to this an a couple other SI mentions/articles on Danny.