Name one Jet that isn't being talked about enough

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, May 1, 2008.

1. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

thats absolutely reDONculous:grin:

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Bingo.

Other potential questions.

Can Coles handle another year of pounding?
    How much of a step up does Cotchery take up with a new offensive line. He didn't really improve off his 2006 season at all, and his hands weren't always reliable.
    Can Brad Smith be the #3 receiver? Because right now, he may well be.

David Harris playing his first 16 game season. How much better will he get/what happens if he regresses a litle.

Abram Elam vs Eric Smith. People talk about Elam, they don't talk about Smith, but I could see Smith taking the job.

Ben Graham. was on very thin ice at the end of the season last year.

How big a weapon can Nugent be? His leg seemed bigger at times last season.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I remember a poster last year talking about how he was still young and hadn't put on his man fat yet. It makes sense as he's gotta only be around 23. Around 24 or 25 I remember not being able to eat whole bags of Doritos without getting fat...hopefully his metabolism has slowed to the point where he can maintain weight in the 315 range.

Look at him as a rookie:

[​IMG]

and now:

[​IMG]

he looks older, but still young. I think it'll be a couple years before he really stabilizes into his full adult weight.

4. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Just wondering but is this him on the right? I can't tell because the sun glasses and facial hair are throwing me off...

[​IMG]

If so he certainly looks beefier that last season.

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

That is David Bowens on the right...what a great picture that is...now it is the background on my laptop :)

Darelle Revis looks pimp in that suit! I like gray suits.

Tony Richardson is really tall for a FB...looks to be in great shape for being in his mid 30's.

#25 PennyandtheJets, May 2, 2008
    Last edited: May 2, 2008
  6. Jmart

Jmart New Member

Yes, I agree. Jones had a decent season last year behind that horrible line. Now we have a stud line. Jones will have a huge year.

7. PennyandtheJets

I think Jones will be good. I don't know about "huge" or "tearing it up".

TJ should be good for 1200-1400 yards and 4-7 TD's.

When I think "huge" or "tearing it up", I think more along the lines of 1500-1600 yards and 10+ TD's. Which TJ is not capable of in my opinion.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

1200-1400 yards? He gained about that much last season. I say, if he plays and starts 16 games, he'll put up 1400yds. Thats assuming he gets enough opportunity. Now if he's gonna get 10 carries a game, then of course not. Also, I would say he'll get around 10 rushing TDs if Leon does'nt steal em.

Plus, we have Rich as the all-pro FB, the man who led Peterson through most of his yards. FBs have alot of hand in rushing. See Richie Anderson leading the way for Curtis Martin.

9. ........

........ Trolls

The giant 96 bling is a dead giveaway. Seriously, does Bowens think people know him by his number? He's not Ocho Cinco.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Kenyon Coleman. He was solid last year and will be bolstered by the arrival of Jenkins.

11. Maryland Jet

Maryland Jet New Member

I think Parcells has it right when he says that by the third year a guy should show what he is and D'Brick this is year 3.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Cotchery didn't improve on his '06 season? he had the same # of recs but he had 170 more yards which he accomplished in less games, he played the last month or so w/ a broken finger AND he didn't have Coles to take the pressure off him on the other side for a good portion of the year.

It will be a very different 1200+ yds. he'll do it on less carries and have a much higher YPC. I think we need to get Leon more involved in the offense, he is a big play guy who eneds touches.

13. Quack

Quack New Member

I second the Thomas Jones nomination. We've improved our line tremendously. Even if you think that Faneca is on the downhill end of his career and that Woody is nothing special, we've got addition by subtraction. Add Tony Richardson to that and you've got one heck of an improved year. Add in a healthy Coles and the addition of Dustin Keller, and you will have teams not sitting on the line as much. Thomas Jones should have one hell of a year.

Also, for all of the people that say that Cotch can't be a #1 . . . Look at who his #2 was. Smith is a #3 at best at this point and Wright is an extra receiver, #4/#5, if even on the field. I also think that Brad Smith will improve this year, just as he improved last year over the year before. Remember, it takes three years for someone who has been a receiver all of high school and college to get acclimated to the NFL. Three years is an understatement for someone who never played receiver before.

#33 Quack, May 2, 2008
    Last edited: May 2, 2008
  14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

James Dearth is the man.

15. since83

since83 Member

I agree. I talked with brick at the draft and he looked like i could give hima go. really think he needs to beef up. Looks more like a basketball player than football player. Now I see the weight issues are justifiably a topic to speak on.

16. Titans

Titans Member

Some one no 1 is talking about Sean Ellis after constant double teams the last 4-5 seasons he will experience 1 on 1 matchup's with Jenkins, Gholston and Pace on board he will have a huge bounce back season.

17. vanyjetsfan

vanyjetsfan Member

As the #3 I'm sure he can drop the ball just as well or maybe even better than McCareins

18. vanyjetsfan

vanyjetsfan Member

Gholston needs a new hat, how many days in a row has he been wearing that one?

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Someone who gets it.

Ellis rules!

20. PennyandtheJets

He really is...people like to poke fun at how James Dearth is their favorite player, but the fact is this guy has been a Jet for so long and he simply NEVER fucks up a snap. Truly one of the best in the NFL over the past 8 years. I hope he plays until he is 60!