Watch our Draftees and feel good!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by German Jets Fan, May 1, 2008.

1. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=QIfiEmUhqos[/YOUTUBE]
    Doesn?t it feel great to see what they?re capable of? After we took solid and good players the last two years, looks like this year we went for a bunch of gamechangers and playmakers. Let?s hope that at least 3 or 4 can tranfser their talent to the next level.

here are some more:

1. Round #6
    Vernon Gholston OLB
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=YE2y_ypR9wQ

1. Round #30
    Dustin Keller TE
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WO-vS7o0PEs

4. Round #113
    Dwight Lowery CB
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=S_LKUYxnkaI
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=apydtn_YL7g

5.Round
    Erik Ainge QB
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tRZJPikxVhk

6. Round #171
    Marcus Henry WR
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=phHoLWzodt4
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=biXnh7QJkzA
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=PLure-TQgZ0&feature=related

2. D2fan

D2fan New Member

Wow- VG looks pretty good

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Actually out of all of these videos the ones that have me most intrigued are Marcus Henry. He looks like someone who can turn out to be a real steal for the Jets. The big knock on him seems to be his explosiveness and speed, but the game speed looks fine and the explosiveness tends to be a problem with a lot of tall possession receiver types. I don't see this guy as a potential #1 or even #2, but he may turn into a very solid #3 or #4.

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

That clothesline approaching the 2 minute mark is just sick. He was being blocked by the tackle and took the RB down with one arm.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The guy is an athletic specimen with the production to boot.

6. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Anyone else think that Lowery would make a really good FS?

7. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Yeah, we were having this discussion in one of the other threads. I think he'll actually be a much better fit at safety, since he'll be able to ballhawk much more there. Most scouting reports said he'd fit best in a zone scheme and he'd be able to do that at safety rather than play man at corner.

8. Denny

Denny Active Member

Henry is very intriguing. He's got long legs and arms.

9. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I think Marcus Henry will be a keeper, that might be the best pick in this draft. The guy will win the battle for the #3 receiver in camp.

Gholston is an animal- that hit he lays on Henne in that video is brutal. He just pushes him down (and is my avatar).

Keller makes some catches that many WR can't make- at his size, I think he will cause nightmares to both LB and CB that cover him.

Lowery is a ballhawk- he's got great hands and, at worst, will be a nice nickel corner for us. I also see him transitioning to safety. Bradway has a good eye for secondary talent, as was evidenced by the Rhodes pick. It's also Mangini's bread and butter- Tannenbaum and Mangini are 2/2 when it comes to trading up for a player as Harris and Revis look like keepers. They could make it 4/4 with this draft :)

#9 Gubernaculum, May 1, 2008
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
  10. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

Keller is amazing in those videos. I see him making an immediate contribution and a 7TD 800 yd season is very realistic. This guy has amazing catching abilities and is a big dude. He actually squated more than Gholston and put up 400+ in the bench....great pick and all those who are after the Jets for trading up will be glad we did once you start to see his production. And in terms of blocking, that is why we brought in B Franks and have Baker (although his situation is up in the air)

11. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Hmm, this does feel good.

12. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Liked Keller's yards after the catch and his toughness across the middle.

13. JetsLookingforDWare

BUT HEZ DA WORSE PICK EVA CUZ WHOM NEEDS OR UZES TE"S!!!11111

14. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

Wow, Keller looks like a real player. I hadn't seen a video of him before, but he's got alot more speed than I would've expected and looks like he has pretty good hands.

15. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Thank you German - great job getting the video links all in one spot.

Some random thoughts:

Gholston - I hope he watches tape on JAbe. If he can perfect the 'chop' move on a QB's blindside he will be causing many a turnover in his career.

Keller - watching this guy make catches in the flat just must make schotty salivate. It's the kind of route that he loves to call and now that we have a gamebreaker to run it - the defense will be forced to pick their poison with coles & cotch on the outside and leon out of the backfield.

Ainge - watching this clip and others there is one thing I noticed which I am not sure if I am being jaded or seeing something legitimate: it seems as if he has a mechanical problem similar to Penny's in the fact that he doesn't use enough of his lower body when throwing. Anyone else who knows a little more about proper QB's mechanics agree/disagree?

Henry - at this point it's fun hoping that he can pan out to be a steal. I am tempering my expectations as I understand it takes quite a bit of adjustment to go from college to the pro's at WR. I can only hope he is a sponge and spends plenty of time picking coles & cotch's brains on how to shield off the defender with the body. They both do it great and this kid has alot more size than either of them. 2-3 years down the road hopefully this kid will have earned the nickname 'fluid'.

16. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Holy Moley, we traded back into the first round to steal the best wide receiver in the draft! What is that dude's problem, it's like he refuses to let a ball be overthrown! Dude, it's 30 feet in the air: don't go up there! :lol:

That Vernon Gholston just looks like a very mean man. Pushing Chad Henne and Jake Long around like that. Shame on you, Vernon! Don't you realize somebody could get hurt?

Seriously though, doesn't it look like Gholston is just tapping on those quarterbacks, just a tiny tap, and then they SLAM to the ground like they've been hit by a mack truck? YIKES! Jason Peters and Matt Light must be getting as much sleep these days as Jake Long did his entire career: NONE.

17. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

If he's so strong the why in the hell can't he block?

18. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I could give a God Damn about that dude's blocking ability. I'm about as concerned about his blocking ability as I am about his calculus ability.

19. flgreen

flgreen New Member

He's a converted WR. He probably hasn't adequately taught. Baker was a bad blocker when he came into the league even though he has a lot of size. He developed into a decent blocker.

Even though I know most of these profiles are distributed by their agents, and they are their beat plays, they are still great to watch to see what the players are capable of.

20. Phear

Phear New Member

i like all of our picks and im not at all upset about trading up for keller, hes going to cause problems or lbs trying to cover him.