Rate our Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 27, 2008.

?

Rate our Draft

1. A+

4.2%
  2. A

1.3%
  3. A-

6.7%
  4. B+

28.3%
  5. B

27.9%
  6. B-

17.9%
  7. C+

5.0%
  8. C

3.3%
  9. C-

2.5%
  10. D or lower

2.9%
  1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Rate our draft.

2. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

3. Tanaman

Tanaman New Member

A solid B for now.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

a solid B. once the guys get on the field and they start making plays I have a feeling this draft grade will go way up, especially because this Lowery kid sounds like a big time gamer...

5. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

I give it a B+ right now. Can't complain about Gholston, I like the Keller pick, LOVE the Ainge pick, like what I'm hearing about Henry. The only one I'm not too sure about is Lowery, so we'll see.

6. nyj55

nyj55 Member

Very big-time boom or bust draft for us. I think each draft pick has a very high ceiling but also a very very low bottom

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm happier with the second day than the first. It seems we may have at least picked some people we wanted today and not settled like we did yesterday.

8. UKJetFan

UKJetFan New Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think they're trying to hit a home-run with every single pick, hopefully as their track-record is good so far most of these picks will succeed.

9. Don

So did they say Ainge is Danny Ainge's kid? I thought I heard that.

10. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

I say B+ for now, may end up being a B but I'm optimistic :)

11. JetsLookingforDWare

Super Mega F.

We missed out on a true impact guy when we missed Ryan, the Longs, and McFadden.

Then after that we draft a bunch of guys I have never heard of, and therefore can't be good.

3-13 anyone?

12. Beamen

Beamen New Member

C+

Gholston, in my opinion, was a risky pick, and has high bust potential.

Keller brings a lot to the table as a prospect, but I didn't like the trade up.

Lowery is a pick I can dig if he's being brought in as a S. From everything I've seen/read though, he is a lousy CB prospect.

Ainge was a very good value pick.

Henry brings great size to the table, but I don't know enough about him to really judge him.

Garner constitutes an attempt to at least consider the lack of depth on the OL at the end of the draft.

13. Don

No, we have too easy a schedule not to win at least 9 or 10 games.

14. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

great argument

15. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

And who are you???

16. B-

I liked the value at most spots. Wasnt crazy about the Lowery pick,,and would've liked to have seen another guard selected.

17. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

For me, there are a lot of new guys to watch. Every one of them has an interesting story -- and the rationale behind their choice is a very interesting chapter in the NYJ FO.

We'll have to see how the Mangini regime fits these guys into its plans.

I was very happy to see an OT with eighteen knockdowns in one SEC game selected in the seventh round. We need depth in the OL and this was a good step. If we can't get McFadden, we got somebody who made McFadden great -- which is terrific.

Two big receivers that like to catch the ball with their hands -- a terrific addition or two.

And there was an SEC QB! What a shock that he was still available!

A Ball Hawk CB.

And a monster pass rusher.

Should be fun.

18. TheDooner64

TheDooner64 Member

I'll give them a B, assuming Gholston and Keller work out. I wish we had drafted a bigger prospect at WR and O-line though.

19. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

Its his nephew -- A solid B on the draft -- cmon training camp

20. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

OLB Vernon Gholston: A-
    - A big time defensive playmaker who fits our defense perfectly. Basically a no-brainer at that point in the draft. The reason it is not an A is because although Gholston has a HUGE ceiling, he has a very high bust potential.

TE Dustin Keller: B-
    - Someone that should really help out our passing game and could come in and start from day one. A playmaking TE who will be great on third downs and in the endzone, which are spots we were not strong in last season. Although the trade-up made this selection a bit worse than the value actually was.

CB Dwight Lowery: B-
    - Great numbers in college, but not great at the combine. A good value at CB, but he might not fit our defense and is be better suited for a Tampa 2. CB was a need for us, but their were better players available at this point in the draft at other need positions.

QB Erik Ainge: B
    - A backup QB wasn't an immediate need, but it was a need. Ainge was great value here, although just like with Lowery, their were better players available at this point in the draft at other need positions. Ainge has great intangibles though and I really like him as a player and a QB.

WR Marcus Henry: C
    - We get a big WR, but we already got a big TE earlier, and I would rather have spent this pick on a player that plays along the OL or DL. Henry is a solid WR though with great size and good speed for his size, but once again, it is not the player that I don't like, it is the position.

OT Nate Garner: C+
    - At least we got some depth on the o-line, although it may be too little too late. Garner could very well not even make the team, although he could surprise us and make a solid backup. At least we got an o-lineman, although not a great one, it is something.

OVERALL: B-
    - We got a lot of good players and good value for players, but we didn't address a lot of our needs or we addressed them too late. Overall, I am not too happy with the draft, but while a lot of these players I could see rotting on our bench, they also all could be very good and helpful. And, I think Gholston and Keller could have the impact that Revis and Harris had this past season, which would be great, so that definitely could bring the grade up.