Dustin Keller = BUST (merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Sure, it's speculation...but I'm about 99% sure that i'm right. The jets have tried alot of guys at H back including kozlowski, posciak, and Tutt. They havent had much success. Keller is a guy who fits the position PERFECTLY...and frankly could be the bst H back prospect in a long, LONG time.

2. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

With so many needs, its great the Jets traded up to get an "H-back."
    How many league MVPs have been h-backs?
    How many h-backs are in the HOF?
    How many h-backs have won Super Bowls?

Exactly...

You all better hope this chuckle-head doesn't turn out to be Helen Keller.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think it's pretty obvious that Shotty is in love with utilizing the H-back in many of his formations. I doubt they would come out and say it this early, but it would stand to reason that a TE we traded up in the 1st round for would fit one of his favorite positions in the offense.

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

o stfu already he's a jet support him now. Shut up !

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

He hasn't played one second yet and already people are calling him a bust. Great!

I'm no fan of the pick, but there's no changing it now so we might as well AT LEAST give the guy a chance.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Clint Didier, Terry Orr, and even Art Monk all saw time at the H-back position for various Super Bowl-winning Redskins teams.

Keller is similar to Dallas Clark. Clark has a Super Bowl ring.

7. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

When we get Peyton Manning, Joe Theisman, Doug Williams...heck, even Mark Rypien...behind center, give me a call so we can discuss.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You asked a question.

I answered it.

Take a chill pill.

9. DougBrien'sABum

DougBrien'sABum New Member

I couldn't agree more, if the FO thinks that the player is the real deal, you have to at least give him a shot on the field.

10. Klecko10

Klecko10 Member

Who do we think we are? Do Tannenbaum and Mangini actually believe we have a good team to take a pass catching TE and cough up an extra pick to get it???

The Jets suck right now, we can't even send a TE out for a pass right now, we need all the blockers we can get and they take this guy who can't block at all. All the while we still have Baker who catches everything thrown to him. A TE is the last thing this team needs. This kind of luxury pick is for a team that is already a winner. We are not.

How's Vernon Davis working out for the 49ers? This is a typical Jets move and history aside you can almost feel this is not gonna work out. We need more beef, more O-lineman, more Linebackers, not a pass catching TE. Concentrate more on blocking and tackling and the skill spots take care of themselves.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Are you aware that the Jets signed Faneca and Woody?

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Now I know that this is a different player and a different position, but weren't we saying similar type of stuff about Smith? That he would fill a slash type of role and would add more unpredictability and explosiveness to the offense? He wound up being a below average WR who lines up for a QB draw occasionally. He doesn't even throw the ball to put in the minds of the defenders. We rarely use Leon in the pass game even though we already know he has game changing speed when in the open field. To me I have to see it before I can drink the Keller Koolaid, not as much because of the player as much as the coaching staff. While it is true that our TEs have been at best average, it can also be said that we still rarely use the TE well no matter who the player was.

13. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

I completely agree with you. Im really excited about this pick. Even more so than the Gholston pick, and I was happy about that one too

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I may be in the minority here but we should have stayed put and drafted James Hardy from Indiana. That guy was just as big and just as fast and filled a need. Instead he is now gonna kill us 2 times a year when he teams up with Lee Evans. I just didn't think TE was the most pressing need.

I'm not saying Keller is gonna be a bust because I don't know but I'd rather have that extra pick, and have kept Hardy away from a division rival. I don't care about what the Giants thought because you shouldn't draft based on what other teams feel about a guy.

I'm not gonna rip the FO because just like Harris I didn't know alot about the guy and he turned out to be a monster and I questioned the FO for moving up. I'll give the FO the benifit of the doubt and hopefully this guy turns into what many people on here say he is gonna be.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Alan Faneca and Damien Woody were signed in the off-season. You obviously know nothing about this team, so just do everyone a favor and stop posting, man. You're only here to complain about the draft picks anyway.

Vernon Davis was a Top 10 pick, and he went to a team that was in a major rebuilding mode.

Bubba Franks can block, and Dustin Keller can be coached into a better blocker then Chris Baker.

Baker does not catch "everything" that is thrown his way. Everyone thinks he's not thrown to enough, but the fact is this: Baker isn't quick enough to get open.

If you don't like the way the Jets draft, and play, and handle the off-season...then why are you a fan?

16. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This was definitely another opinion, we could have traded down and accomplished this.

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

That's certainly a clear, well-constructed, and well-reasoned post. Please return to the BS Forum immediately. :)

18. Bay Ridge Dave

Bay Ridge Dave New Member

Problem with that is that "we" don't have Peyton Manning throwing to him.

Not gonna say the guy will be a bust (I mean none of us know), but I would have preferred a WR.

IMO, the WR depth is sketchy, at best.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

There's a good chance Keller will line up in the slot a lot, just so you know. He practically is a receiver, just a little thicker than your regular WR.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

How can I rip a guy I know nothing about? He looked good in his highlights but then again who doesn't. I don't like the pick but I'm not a GM so it doesn't matter what I think. At this point it doesn't matter what anybody thinks because Keller is a Jet and we all need to hope he is the next Dallas Clark (a healthy one though). I trust Kurt's opinon and if likes him then I like him.

As far as the Vernon Davis comment? Who is throwing the ball to Davis? He might as well have Mike Nolan throwing the ball to him because that's about how good Alex Smith is.