Deangelo Hall to the Raiders

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by gsulli5861, Mar 15, 2008.

1. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

how can the raiders afford 7 mil this season added to the cap. they are crazy but there secondary is probably the best in the lg with gibril huff washington asomougha routt and now hall.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Not so quick....

Still no Raiders contract for Hall
    Oakland may end discussion if no deal by Thursday

By Jim Trotter, SI.com

The Raiders continued to run into roadblocks in their quest to finalize a trade for Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

It was thought that when Hall arrived in Oakland on Wednesday it would be to sign a contract that would make him the league's highest-paid cornerback and clear the way for him to be sent to the Raiders for second- and sixth-round draft choices.

But after spending 4? hours with owner Al Davis, Hall emerged Wednesday night without an agreement. And if a deal is not consummated Thursday, it's possible the Raiders might end the talks and move on, a club source said Wednesday night.

Hall has expressed a desire to join the Raiders during his talks with many of the team's core players. But his representatives and the team are said to be at odds over the structure of the contract.

Hall, who would team with Nnamdi Asomugha in Oakland to form one of the league's top cornerback tandems, has one year remaining on his rookie contract and it's highly unlikely any team would trade for him without first coming to terms on a new multiyear contract.

Hall remained in Oakland overnight and is scheduled to talk with club officials again Thursday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/03/20/trotter.hall.raiders/index.html

I guess after spending 4 1/2 fours with Davis he wondered if he was in OZ.

[​IMG]

#62 Don, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  3. Iownnamathssbjersey

Iownnamathssbjersey New Member

Deangelo Fall is overrated?don't feel bad. Great commentary over a guy I think is SUPREMELY overrrated?

2. I think if the Raiders pay DeAngelo Hall in the range of $9 million a year, they will officially be Daniel Snyder West. Ask opponents if Hall is a premier corner. I did over the weekend, promising anonymity. Got this text from an offensive coach on an NFC South staff: "Avg w flash & big play ability. Don't know how good he wants to be. Classic Oakland. Does have ability tho.''
    One defensive assistant told me: "He's above average, but he sees himself as elite. This leads to problems.''

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Sour Grapes Just wish his team had the foresight to trade a 2 and 6 for a 24 year old 2 time probowler. What does it mean. Revis won't be smelling a probowl in the next decade. Champ bailey, Asomugha and Deangelo hall. That just for starters. You only hope Revis is as overrated as deangelo hall.

I will tell you , Deangelo Hall big salary probably wouldn't be smart for a cover two team,but for a team that plays man to man 98% of the time(Raiders) - can you say perfect.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jeaux, don't you get tired of invalidating your own opinion with idiotic predictions?

6. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

So you really see D revis (half a year wonder) really being a pro bowl CB with those Cbs in front of him. (anytime soon) So please explain whats so idiotic.

7. abyzmul

I actually watch the games, and understand what I am seeing, as opposed to masturbating over combine numbers. And yes, Revis will be in the Pro Bowl in 2009 if he doesn't make it in 2008. And you will look idiotic.

8. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

With the fourth pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select...

Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy.

Dude, losing teams don't send probowlers. You should have learned that by now. Besides, when is the last time you beat someone over here in the AFC East NOT named the Dolphins? Aww, that's cute the Raiders couldn't even beat us in 2005.

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

How many Probowlers did you have last year? Raiders had more. Second- losing teams don't send probowlers. So don't winning teams ,as how many did Giants send.

Jets select since they are acquiring alot of has beens probowlers. Dan Marino Right the wrong .

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

When you have to ship out 3/4 of your team to pay for undeserved contracts, do you expect to win 6 games then?

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

So your telling me, Revis who at best had a very good second half, after a shaky first half is some elite CB. Calm down there and lets see him do it a little longer True or false IS Deangelo hall at 24 years old a two time probowl CB. So how am I going by combine numbers. you really think Revis is in Asomugha or C Bailey catergory. you really watch games, Revis is not even in anyone top five Afc Cbs. Revis is in the probowl in 2009 hes paying like everyone else.

12. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I said, losing teams don't send probowlers. We were a losing team, I didn't expect any probowl bids. Yeah, I'm sure it's hard to get fan votes when there are an entire 2 teams in the huge state of California. :wink: Has beens? The Raiders are full of "never was".

"So don't winning teams, as how many did Giants send." When you feel like you are typing something utterly retarded there is a nifty key called "backspace". Works wonders. The Giants got hot at the right time and hit the underdog groove and made plays. The Raiders :raiders: have sucked for 5 years and were mediocre before that. Well, Rich Gannon and the almight O did fail miserably in the Superbowl to your OLD coach. How embarassing.

13. abyzmul

No, I am telling you that you're talking out of your ass and making yourself look stupid, jeaux. Revis had a very complete season, was covering the top wideouts of every team we faced and missed almost his entire rookie training camp. He also did it without a pass rush for the first half of the season and that's why his stats (the only thing jeaux really pays attention to) suffered. If you actually watched the games and understood what you were seeing, He has better physical tools than probably 95% of all corners in the league and he has better instincts than most of them as well. I don't give a shit about Deangelo Hall or any other Raiders player, so you can stuff that crap.

In fact, let's make a bet. If Revis doesn't make the Pro Bowl in one of the next 2 seasons, I will wear a Raiders avatar of your choice for the entire 2010 season. And if he doesn't you have to wear the Jets avatar of my choice. Deal?

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

NO Because AL Davis understands the salary Cap better than anyone. Makes
    you believe he might have wrote it. Whats diffrent is this year AL Davis has the cash. Put a minority of Raider shares up for sale. Al Davis has been at disadvantage as
    his stadium dosen't generate alot of money. ( one of the lowest) More money the more ways to play around with the salary cap.
    Don't believe what anyone said those contracts are really worth. Believe it AL davis protects himself with the language in the contract. Raiders are in as much cap hell as that 50 million dollars , the media was reporting .(couple years ago) What happened not only didn't raiders have to cut anyone but thety were big spenders in freeagency. Those contracts were like playing with monopoly money. They made the agent look good,
    but weren't worth the paper they were written on. Raiders are fine now and for the future. Raiders are doing it right investing in young Players.(alot of there own) While you bringing In older veterans and paying them alot. you Better win now because those palyers are going to be a burden on your cap in a couple years. There shelf life isn't as long as my players.

#74 Raiderjoe, Mar 20, 2008
  15. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Your talking out of your arse again, How many Jets games did you watch. Everyone was picking on Revis early(like they were Rhodes) . Reason Revis has so many tackles. WR catches football, revis tackles them. (Cb first job is to deny the WR from catching football)

Now what happened in Second Half that revis and rhodes coverage picked up. IT could be the light went on . ( obviously you hope thats the reason) OR it could be these factors. Weather, Teams you played and The gimmick Jets employed on defense. (that improve the passrush tremendously)

Lets see Jets had some brutal weather games down the stretch that wasn't condusive to throwing the football. Look at some teams you played in second half- Some offensive challenged teams. Mangini devised a gimmick , that Jets defensivelineman stood up at the line of scrimmage. Alot Of team(steelers in particular) had trouble picking up the blocking assignments. Jets improved their pass rush tremendously(not because someione came on, but because of this gimmick- not going to last as once team see enough, they will figure it out. Until we see IF revis really was coming on as a CB or if it was more because of the other factors mention. I wouldn't be making any bets if I was you. Steelers Didn't bring their full arsenal of weapons on offense- look at who missed that game for them.

I advise you to get the sunday ticket. You need to watch other teams Cbs, because if you do . you would realize just how far Revis is away from being a probowl CB. Its insulting to compare a half a year wonder to these greats.
    See F Washington- coverage was alot more consistant that Revis his rookie year. Only to go down the toilet the following year.

Btw IF Jets sign another has been TY law. Please don't try to say you start the two best CBs in football. Its not funny, your embarrasing the whole jet fan base.

#75 Raiderjoe, Mar 20, 2008
  16. abyzmul

Yes or no on the bet, jeaux. Otherwise your hot wind is totally meaningless. As usual.

17. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

He has better physical tools than probably 95% of all corners in the league and he has better instincts than most of them as well. I don't give a shit about Deangelo Hall or any other Raiders player, so you can stuff that crap.

Yea right than if that was the case Revis would have went in top five. He went fourteen because there was alot of questions about him. Dosen't posses the top speed you look for in the elite Cbs. Alot of NFl people thought safety would be his best position.

18. abyzmul

Yes... or... no.. on... the... bet?

19. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Im not going to bet, because two years is too long to remember the bet. You really think your going to remember this conversation than. highly unlikely. I will tell you Revis gets lit up likie a christmas tree next year, your going to see this thread brought back.

20. abyzmul

I remember everything, jeaux. Sack up to your words. You're on a freaking Jets message board, how hard is it to make a sig bet unless you aren't sure of yourself?