Some thoughts among the media about the JETS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rod_2, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

Lets hope the J-E-T-S got it right.

2. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Who wrote this crap?

3. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

The Giants won because they got everything to come together for five weeks. I could see them easily missing the playoffs. The Jets will never get love until they win a couple superbowls.

4. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

the Jets can't draft well?

Kerry Rhodes, Darrelle Revis, David Harris, Jerricho Cotchery, Leon Washington... not one of them first rounders, that would imply good scouting and drafting to me

5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Tann has had 2 drafts and I thought both have gone well. We'll see how they do...

6. allan1

allan1 Active Member

don't forget Mangold, and Coles

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

what do we have here?

A THREAD FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!
    [​IMG]

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Not trying to be a dick here, but Dwalsh you stated none of those guys were first rounders, Revis was selected 14th overall last april in round 1. And sticking with the round one theme, Mangold was also selected in round 1 allan.

Yes I believe we do draft very well under tangini, and i have extremem confidence in there drafting ability in this upcoming draft.

9. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

With the 14th pick of the 2007 draft the Jets select CB Darrelle Revis from Pitt.

10. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

What kind of crap is this? I can't believe all this negativity in the media. I can understand a divided fanbase; no move satisfies everyone; but it's like unanimous that the media thinks we're now trying to be Giants wannabees instead of Pats wannabees. What the hell.

11. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

this guys a complete asshole... he points out as if he is some all knowing god that the giants sign one free agent and are able to win a super bowl. what he fails to realize is that this has absolutely nothing to do with why the giants did what they did this year. yes, they did have a spectacular draft this past offseason, and every player from that draft contributed throughout their late season and postseason run, but why do you think this was possible?? because the giants had already established a solid foundation for their team, including a solid line that was able to hold up the transition from an all time great in tiki barber to a guy who should be a fullback in jacobs, and a defensive line on the other side of the ball that could go down in history as one of the best. these two combined had alot to do with the 3 consecutive seasons the giants were able to make the playoffs.. it all came together when their solid 07 draft class stepped up and eli stoppd fucking up.

the jets obviously think a couple of these guys could be a huge part of establishing a foundation for the time on both sides of the line. most importantly faneca, who is one of the best, and jenkins, who is pretty much the prototypical player for the system we are trying to run.

fuck these haters.. i dont want to say anything to anyone til the season starts. in march were the desperate overspenders, and in october were the surprise team of 2008... cant wait.

12. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I dont know why the media is being so critical isnt this what makes news. also this is what makes sports fun even during the offseason

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

As has been said...

2 drafts, 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, 5 starters. What more do people want from him? A gem from a later round? Try Leon Washington, even Brad Smith could make waves.

How have the Giants got on the last 2 years? Aaron Ross, Steve Smith, Mathias Kiwanuka, Sinorice Moss - sum total from rounds 1 & 2. Beyond that they've got Kevin Boss and Ahmad Bradshaw that I've noticed making big contributions. I'd hardly say Tannenbaum has been outclassed there.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Again, the Giants did not sign hig priced FAs last year but their roster was littered w/ them from a few years ago. In '05 they went on a big splurge getting Plax, Kareem, Pierce and Sam Madison. I love how these "experts" forget this.

15. nyjunc

Reese has ONE draft under his belt, Tannenbaum 2 and both of Tannenbaum's drafts were very good. He did draft Ahmad Bradshaw but let's not forget he gave up Ryan Grant for nothing. reese lucked into a good situation a year ago. he got lucky Eli finally started to look like a #1 pick at the right time.

16. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Nobody wants to see the Jets win. They don't like Mangini, they don't like free agent spending and they certainly don't want to see this administration get extended. That's why Woody should extend them now, just to shut everyone up. Let these guys get a full shot.They were left with almost nothing from the drafts between 2001-2005. Not one probowler, not one healthy talent.

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The better question is who posted it without bothering to see that there is already an overused thread with the same damn article................

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Reese has been part of the Giants scouting team and draft team for years including when Eli was drafted. This guy was not brought in from the outside he was a major part of the team build under Acorsi and continued it last year. He was groomed for the job, he got lucky in some ways but he was one of the architects of their SB team from the begining.

19. nyjunc

He didn't make those decisions and that trade for Eli looked awful until the playoffs this year.

20. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

What is really sad is that these writers as well as our local radio sports commentators have such a superficial knowledge of the Jets. They just chant the same old mantras. Same Old Jets. Hey, this regime is different. They may fail, but they are not going to fail with someone else's players. And I don't think they are targeting mediocrity as their goal.