Tannenbaums not Gonna Pay Chad His Bonus

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KRhodesMVP, Mar 5, 2008.

1. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

If he had a better option to start or make more money he would have asked for a release or another team would have tried to trade for him already. The only place he gets that kind of money to play is with the NYJ's! Period!

2. akibud

akibud Active Member

I assume he's still under contract with the Bucs... even if he is number 5on the depth chart!!

3. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

Can someone put up that Bellichick picture with those alien looking spy goggles on, Im trying to find it but not having any luck, its a few peoples avatar on this site, i just cant find them

4. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

Umm... It might be a good idea to be a little more guarded than this.

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

My tongue was in my cheek on this one...I really don't expect them to step in next year and dominate. Lines take a year or 2 to really jell.

6. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

That's the stupidest thing I've heard yet.

Green is SO done....

7. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Not that I'm picking on you...but I don't agree with this post as well.

McCown didn't stay healthy for most of the year. He led the Raiders to all of one win. Culpepper was the QB for the other three.

If they want to bring another mediocre vet,I'd rather see a young QB who drafted late. He'd be much cheaper and maybe a little hungrier.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Jesus.

For the love of God, be reasonable.

Ok. I understand you all HATE Chad. But;

Culpepper with bum knee better than Chad? Are you smoking something?

Trent "Walking Concussion" Green is better than Chad? Get real.

Neither guys are upgrade from Chad by any stretch.

9. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

Thing is, what do you consider "getting the job done"?

I like Chad a lot for his moxy but I have serious doubts that he would be capable of winning a super bowl for us. That's the entire "Chad conundrum". Seems like when healthy if the team is decent he's good for 9 or 10 wins but he can't win the big ones.

Anyone thinking of rolling with Chad as our starter needs to consider and seriously ask themselves this question:

Can you get to and win the super bowl without being able to throw the deep ball?

Can you? I'm not sure but I think that you cannot.

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I think everyone knows for sure Chad will NOT get us to the Super Bowl. We should plan to draft our QB of the future in this draft in the later rounds, just try to get what we can this season (since I know it will be a 'winning' season [10-6]), hope the OL get acquainted with each other and dump Chad next season.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He CAN throw the deep ball, did you see the perfect pass to Coles in btw defenders at Cincy last year? he takes what the D gives them, did our deep game get better w/ KC? No b/c they knew our QBs didn't have time to throw the deep ball and they didn't have to worry about our run game. Now they'll have to worry about the ground game, they'll have to respect the play action and the QB will have more time to throw and set up some deeper pass plays.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

or a rookie

13. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

Chad is an absolute disgrace. If I had to choose between Pennington and Jared Lorenzen, I would probably take Lorenzen. Pennington has no arm, no legs (lieutenant dan) is turnover prone and didnt seem to possess much confidence in 08. Kellen Clemens is the future and the future begings in 08.

14. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I love how people relate how 'done' Trent Green is as a reason to stick with Chad. If you view things without a Jet fan bias - you will see that he had 2 seasons shortened by injury. In those injury shortened seasons he put up poor numbers on horrible teams behind horrible lines.

How this is different that Pennington - I don't know? If the first argument you are going to throw out there is that he can get a concussion again at any point - save it. Pennington can get another shoulder injury again at any point.

I am not saying that Green is the answer - I am saying that we have to take off our green tinted glasses and see Pennington for what he is: A stable veteran clipboard holder who can keep the season from becoming a disaster if the starter goes down. Logic prescribes that you do not have to endure a 9 million dollar cap hit for that role.

15. Denny

Denny Active Member

Actually, if Mangini gets the defense going with some surefire talent in there weather he trains em or buys em the Jets can get to the SuperBowl in spite of Chad. Now we all know he can manage a game. And I'll bet everyone in this room will agree he's better than Rex Grossman and Trent Dilfer. But the defense would have to be awesome. Something they are not yet. Mangini is suppossed to be a defensive mind. I think this years draft and next years FA should be interesting with the defensive pickups but that's the only way I see Chad appearing as your SB QB.

16. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

Thats why we need to draft Gholston adn a cornerback in the first 2 rounds- so our defense can be awesome and we can win in spite of starting an inexperienced quarterback.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

When Green was healthy and supposedly very good he never won anything. The man has zero playoff wins and only really made it once(the 2nd time KC would not have made it w/o Damon Huard).

Chad just 2 years ago led us to 10 wins, he had ONE BAD YEAR. He is still a quality player surrounded w/ the right talent and w/ the upgrade on the OL he can be effective again.

18. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

Pennington wouldnt have been effective starting for the 07 Patriots. THere are quarterbacks in high school who can play at a higher level in the NFL than Chad Pennington.

19. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

how about jp losman? young qb with a strong arm. I'd take him over penny.

20. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

He had one bad year - but you have to look at the circumstances of how he was bad. This isn't a revelation, I have heard it plenty of times, he made poor decisions on a consistant basis. Chad's biggest strength as a QB was a clear negative. There is no excuse(poor team/line) that can explain Chad's huge regression as a decision maker last year.

Also - It was as clear as day to me that Chad is a QB who obviously can't make the throws expected of a starting QB on a regular basis. Last season DB's exposed Chad's inability to throw outside the numbers. He was victimized on a number of occasions trying to throw the out route which wound up costing our team at critical moments of games.