Chad WILL Be The Starter. Again.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Mar 4, 2008.

1. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

You're joking right? Chad was way worse than Kellen last year.

2. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Quote: "...I would much rather see what Clemens can do behind a retooled line and not via mop-up duty halfway through the season. If, after 5 or 6 games into the regualar season we see that Clemens hasn't changed at all from last season, and that the problem was him rather than the supporting cast, I'll be alot more concerned...."

As for me, I don't really care who starts next year -- as long as it's the winner of the competition between Kellen and Chad. These two, regardless of their pecking order, will give the NYJ the best chance to win, running the BS offense, behind an OL that pass blocks well AND run blocks well.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I don't know you as a poster so I need to ask whether the sarcasm switch was in the "on" position in the above-quote.

4. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

The two defenses in this game were superb. The big difference was one play at the beginning. Otherwise 10 to 13 (no touchdown passes for Brady) was pretty much the difference between the two teams. Even with a better defense than the Pats had seen all year, the NYJ made too many mistakes, and the OL was just swiss cheese.

This says nothing about the skill players on the NYJ, by the way.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The fact is that Chad cannot throw the out route anymore and gets pick 6'ed everytime, as proved in the youtube videos in this thread. Those were all late in the game, game ending picks. We had no chance of winning. CHAD LOST THE GAME-- that queues the end of a career.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It should also be noted that he had plenty of time to throw the ball in both of those cases.

7. hey im a long time jet fan{section 314] new to the board. mangini and tannenbaum know that they're running out of time so they will definitely be going with chad this year

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Is that you Zar man, king of all tailgates? Secret Chad fan huh. If Kellen is the opening day starter I get the 1st piece of pork off the zarbecue!!!!!! You need to add an Avitar ( picture)

9. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Going with Chad will expedite their exit! If Kellen does not progress they have a built in excuse. If he does they look good. If Chad is back behind center that is all she wrote without a second round playoff berth or better. Kellen was 3-4 with Brad Smith and Wallace Wright to throw too and the same horrible line. Chad was 1-8 and looked awful. What is there to talk about?

10. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

I see that the grass is green on both sides of the fence. Both Penny and Kellen have their pluses and minuses. If this was Miami and the FO/CS has 3-4 years to get back to respectability, then Kellen is the clear cut choice.

But this isn't Miami and there's no such thing as "rebuilding" in the NYC sports world. With that being said and with all the off-season acquisitions thus far, we have to pick the one that would give us the best chance to win NOW.

For all practical purposes, both Penny and Kellen started in the Mangini system at the same time. In both years Penny was the winner out of TC. Why is that? Could it be that he is quicker on his feet and has a sharper mind? Could it be the experience that he has accumulated through years of playing in the league? It is an unequivocal truth that Kellen has the stronger arm but is that what really should determine who is best to lead the team this coming year?

Regardless of who the QB of 08 is, they will both enjoy better protection from the OL. Both will have the ability to have a more effective ground game. And both will have the benefit of a stronger defense so that neither will be put into catch-up modes too often (I hope).

Having said that, I think the only thing to do is to not acquire a QB this off-season and let the team's investments in both QB's play itself out. Let it be pure competition in TC....no ground given and none taken!

Come Game 1, the entire team would be better off being led by the clear-cut TC winner rather than an annointed QB.

11. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Expedite: 5 dollars.

If Chad's around next year, his sole purpose should be helping Clemens read defenses. As evidenced by the games THIS SEASON, not in previous seasons.

12. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

GREAT POST

13. FatStupidLoser

That's right!

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Can you Chad supporters come up with another play other than the Legendary bomb to Santana Moss in a playoff game four years ago? All Nfl Qb's good or bad have at least 2 or three throws like that a month and the great ones do it every game and all I hear is about this pass like is was on the same level as the play Eli made in the Sb! Clemens was 3-4 Chad was 1-8 with all his Smarts and boyscout tangibles! 3-4 is better than 1-8 no matter how you spin it!

15. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Isn't rediculas repeating the same old shit over and over again? 4 yard dumps and 10 yard hail marys!!!!:rofl:

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Chad will start in week 8 if Clemens can't put it together, and then we will draft or trade for a marquee QB next season. Anybody who thinks otherwise is confused and deserves pity.

17. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Now, see, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

You can't believe how much an effective OL that pass blocks well and run blocks well will improve the play of ALL the skill players.

Can you imagine having all your great skill guys fresh and ready to do their thing next against a defense that already has their hands on their hips and are looking at each other and panting, "What next? What next?"

Should be fun...

18. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

The NYJ CS and Chad himself believe he can make all the throws. That's the only earthly reason why they would decide on an open competition between Kellen and Chad this year.

I think that competition is a good idea. May the best man win. We are much better off this way.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Last year they announced at the combine that he was the starter. I think that was when they believed he could make all of the throws. Now a veteran QB is in open competition with a 3rd year guy who has shown potential and not a lot else so far. That doesn't sound like confidence in Chad Pennington to me.

20. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

I don't think 07 and 08 are the same. The OL was the joker that did in the 07 season -- not the skill players (not Chad and not Kellen).

The OL in 08 has a much better chance to change the deal for everyone on the team.

Again, I don't think you can judge the skill players behind the 07 sieve of an OL.