Nfldraftcountdown.com's updated Mock Draft (1/17)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Jan 17, 2008.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Whos that in your Avvy with ST? Looks like Kerry R

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i also thought about that, but i don?t think they would, they got Vrabel, Colvin and Thomas (i know, he now plays inside, but would also be a great OLB), but they got some holes in their secondary and ILB, Gay and Samuel leaving, Harrison getting old (wouldn?t be shocked to see him retireing after the SB), it?s a open secret, that bruschi will retire, and Seau?s gotta be 100 years now.

with the top CB and S still on the board, i can see them taking a DB.

3. Quack

Quack New Member

Thomas moves around a lot, but I wouldn't think that Seau is retiring this year. Bruschi is another story entirely. I honestly see them taking either Phillips or Jenkins with their first pick and Crable or Henderson in the second. Bastards, cause' I like Crable, too. They'll pretty much have to ruin him for me.

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

If he does go QB in the first then he will trade down.

5. JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector Member

There's no way we pick Gholston with the #6 pick. He's a 2nd round pick at this point in time. He takes too many plays off. If C. Long is off the board then we trade down, unless we trade up to get him.

6. Force

Force New Member

One person I can see possibly rising is Sedrick Ellis. The dude broke virtually every wieght room record at USC. A lot of GM's are probably gonna get all gushy eyed when he throws up a 600 plus bench press at the combine.

7. JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector Member

I agree. But he won't fit us. He's more of a 4/3 guy.

8. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

Are you serious bro as of right now he is easily a top 10-15 pick and after the combine he could be a top 5 no way he makes it pat number 10 let alone 30

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I agree. Pre combine Gholston looks to be top 15 at worst. Several well respected site have him top ten.

Given the thought that he will put up very impressive numbers at the combine he should be a top ten pick.

10. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

Because Miami needs an anchor to their line in the middle, not someone to play opposite Taylor... not this high at least. As for the Rams... they just got Carriker last year for their line and Orlando Pace is near prehistoric and having trouble coming back from injury... which is why Long is a logical choice there. Thats why. Just like that, he fell out of the top 2. I don't see him getting past the Chiefs at 5 though.

11. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Miami was transitioning to the 3-4, and they will more than likely stay with it, so I don't see them picking Dorsey, The Rams moved Carriker inside and is now playing DT, and their Ends are just as old as Pace or are young backups, DE is probably the Rams biggest need, so I don't see them passing on the best one in the draft.

12. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

As you said, they're transitioning. Dorsey is the perfect transition defensive lineman, he can work the inside in the 4-3 and then take over as an end in the 3-4 scheme. While the Rams do need help on their d-line, they likely will want to address the long term protection of Bulger in the first round and then address d-end in the later rounds. That's al I'm saying.