Nfldraftcountdown.com's updated Mock Draft (1/17)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Jan 17, 2008.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

2. xBleedingGreen62x

Well hopefully hes alot more durable than J.Abe and can produce like Abe did when he was actually on the field. I would have went with Laurnatitus over Gholston but since hes going back to school cant be too upset about that pick.

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yea i hope he can produce like abe did but i also hope he's never injured nearly as much. Lets see what happens but so far i like Gholston at Six.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

They had us taking Ghostown @ #6 before. OH my god I would hate Miami to get C Long , ouch Long and Taylor.
    Dorsey is on the slide, mark my words , there is genuine concern over his ankle.

5. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i thought he had a knee injury all season.

he?s too much of a beast to fall that far, and will blow some minds at the combine.

another thing i thought about, if he really battled injurys all season, how good is a healthy Dorsey???

6. gustoonarmy

Thats why I think if he is there at #6 hes worth a shot. I watched him in the BCS and he looked fine , a real handfull.
    I don't think he will slide that far , but bad ankles and big guys aren't a good mix

7. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

I agree. Dorsey could very well be the player that drops this year - there is one every year - If he is at #6. He might be too good of a value to pass up.

As I have mentioned in other threads Gholston's BCS Game really disappointed me and made me question taking him at #6. There are some mocks out there that have him going #12 thru #16....

8. German Jets Fan

I Agree, if Dorsey falls, we gotta take him, but it doubt he will make it to 6.

I think if Gholston bets by us, he?ll probably fall out of the top 10, he?s just more valuable for a 34 team than for a 43 team.

But everyone not named Dorsey, C.Long, J.Long or McFadden could drop beyond 15. Those are the 4 elite prospects. After them it becomes drafting for need, and a top 10 prospect might find himself beyond 20. But let?s see what happens at the combine before we think about that stuff.

9. gustoonarmy

one of three things happened in that game;

A~ He took it easy , so as not to get an injury before april. (agent advice??)
    B~ He was overwhelmed by the occassion.
    C~ He really isn't as good as projected.

I think there are going to be a few twists and turns in this years draft , teams trading up and down, like you say , outside of those 'names' no one else is really jumping out...yet.

10. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Thats probably the best mock draft ive seen this year every year position wise makes sense especially the 1st one with Miami.Glenn Dorsey is a great player but he is a 4-3 dt.

11. gustoonarmy

I prefer Daft Daddys much more.
    I think Parcells will go QB and start from there , who remains to be seen
    http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/MDstat.cfm

12. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

How realistic is the mock when it has the Giants picking at 26, behind Jacksonville and Dallas...?

This was just put together yesterday, right?

13. Chubby Franklin

Chubby Franklin New Member

It's a complete contradiction to say you would pass on Gholston because you believe he isn't a good 34 fit, yet draft Dorsey despite the fact that he, in no way, fits a 34.

14. gustoonarmy

Hmm good point , didn't notice that

15. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

Im still mixed on Gholston... I just have a weird feeling about him. Though, I sincerely hope that if we draft him he becomes everything we hope he'd become. As for Chris Long going that high, I dont see it happening.

16. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Uhm...why? If Miami doesn't take him the Rams almost certainly will. I don't see him falling out of the top 2 unless he has a terrible combine.

17. German Jets Fan

you got me completely wrong. i said if we don?t draft gholston, he might fall further, cuz he?s a better fit for a 34 than for a 43, and there aren?t many 34 teams picking in the top 20. That?s my explanaiton, why many mocks, that don?t have us taking him, have him dropping.

And Dorsey, even thou the pick would be a risk, because he doesn?t seem like a good fit for our D, is too good to pass on if he drops. If he can adopt to the 34, we got one hell of a DE in him.

18. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

their darft has a lot of things i dont see happening Dejuan Tribble going in the first,Cromartie in the first,Harvey before Gholston,Buffalo draftinga safety when they need a cb more Felix Jones before Stewart alot of mistakes.

19. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

That seems accurate. I think the only rules abuot the play off are Super Bowl winner picks last, Super Bowl loser picks second to last, Playoff team picks after non-playoff team. If NYG loses and they have a worse record than Jax and Dallas so they would pick before them, even if they went deeper into the playoffs.

20. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

I could see see the Pats taking Gholston right after us if we don't