An ocean between our Jets and NE

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I will bet you that Mangini can survive 0-2 next season. Mainly because there is no real tension between him and Tannenbaum yet. 1-6 he'll be toast though.

Of course 0-2 with a locker-room in revolt would be another story. I don't think Mangini can afford another situation that looks anything like the Kendall fiasco.

2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

It looked like a Madden game. Can someone stop someone? The NE defense is in decline. The Jags actually self destructed. The difference to me was, they dialed up a few key blitzes and Dennis Northcutt dropped a perfect pass. But nobody did anything the rest of the time except play vanilla D. Hello, Jack Del Rio? Sure you can play soft and allow underneath stuff, but that does not work when they are on your 10 yard line. Jacksonville sat there and tried to cover down at the goal line. Stupid. Not very creative at all. You have to have a few blitzes to get in Brady's face there. The Jets are far behind NE but their D is coming back to the pack. They cannot have a ton of cap room and Moss will want a lot of that. So let's see. Moss may be gone next year and their LBs are not getting any younger.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The fact that you came here to get some insight into the Jets during the Pats run to the greatest season every shows what a total phony piece of pound scum you really are.

Your post comes off as an effeminate sanctimonious rant. The idea that a pusillanimous band wagon Pat fan trolls that show up here to rub it in our face is somehow here to talk Jets football is laughable.

The Pats are a great team, the league is protecting Brady like he is the face of the league which he is this season. They haven't won squat yet this season and if they lose one game the perfect season will be looked at like the perfect choke. It ain't over till it's over. And yes it pisses me off that we suck and the Pats are great but other than a Pats fan who really cares?

#23 winstonbiggs, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We suck. The Patriots are a great team. I root like hell against the Patriots every game, and I couldn't have it any other way. You're a fan of our undefeated rival who has beaten us twice in the season each of the last few years. We're tired of it. We'll give you intelligent talk about the Jets and Patriots most of the time (though right now, the season is over, this board is kind of dead), but to say that we don't have an honest exchange of ideas is ridiculous. We all hate your team and want them to fail. Many of us have a degree of bitterness.

And as Winston said, your team is 17-0 now. What are you doing on a Jets board bitching about how we hate your team. Of course we do. What do you expect?

5. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

The jets played them even in foxboro. Maybe the field condition had something to do with it but, like they say, both teams had to play on the same field. The only TD the pats scored was when they got the ball at the 3 yard line after the blocked punt. No offense is unbeatable, you just have to know how to attack it and Mangini must have done that in foxboro based on the results.

6. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

What?s funny is you guys are bitching about being competitive with New England?we weren?t even competitive with the other toilet teams.

Playoffs? Plaaaaayoffs? Don?t talk about playoffs?I?m just hoping we can win another game. Playoffs?

7. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Sadly, this Pats fan is a voice of reason. Everyone needs to chill out and understand it's a marathon and not a sprint. Just like you shouldn't have been booking tickets to Glendale after last season, you shouldn't be slitting your wrists this off season.

There are pieces in place with the Jets, and there are tremendouse needs on this team. The perception that Woody is a cheap owner is unfounded: when have we not signed a player management has wanted? The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our owner but in our management if anyone is to be blamed.

I think Clemens has an opportunity to be something in this league, but I'm not going to make my decision on this year. The line was putrid, there are no consistent gamebreakers on offense and years like this happen. Let's have a strong draft, add good young players at important positions on the team (O guard, NT, outside linebacker) and take our chances. At some point, the bloom will be off the rose with the Pats and we need to be ready.

Let's be honest, though: Belichick didn't look like a genius until Tom Brady showed up. Sure the Pats were prudent to draft him, but in the 6th round has to tell you they didn't think he was the HOFer he has turned out to be. Just no way. Luck can be the residue of design, but it can also be fickle and sporatic. Take Tom Brady off the Pats, and they are still a heck of a team. But they are probably more like the Steelers than the vintage 49ers. It's that clear.

So go to church/temple/your backyard/a quiet room in your dwelling and hope that a little more luck comes the Jets way. But don't sit there and cry in your coffee because that's just a loser'ss mentality.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So when would you say all you posted comes together? Hopefully you are aware we have been devoid of a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP since 01/12/69 which is over 39 years ago. Please do not give either the Red Sox or Cub analogy either as a reply

9. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

It's only been 39 years and a day. Give it time.

:rofl2:

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If the pats lose Brady the gap is shortened considerably.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes 39 years & a day but that is also makes it over 39 years correct?

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

wow, there is a huge difference between the 4-12 Jets and 17-0 Pats? yeah, that's a revelation that needed its own thread. glad I know that now.

13. JetsLookingforDWare

Scientific fact.

Yep. And all those teams were built in a day. Hell, the Chargers pulled it off in an hour.

True...they just sprung up. I mean Trotter was drafted in '98, McNabb in '99, Dawkins in '96, Staley in '97...but they sprung up overnight. Scientific fact.

Just like that. Straight overnight. Vrabel, Bruschi, McGinest, Milloy, and Law all were magicked in.

Already had two "best at their position" players on the team in Williams and Tomlinson. It'd still be 2 years before they see what really makes that team elite...Shawn Merriman.

1. We did improve under Mangini. You seem to have forgotten the year 2006 ever happened.

2. ALL those coaches and teams had stars established already. Who's Mangini going to keep around that he inherited? Cotchery? Cotchery didn't even play until Mangini got here. Kerry Rhodes? Rhodes best two seasons have come under him. Vilma? The only guy on the team who has significantly fallen off from where he once was. He didn't get a Tomlinson, Jamal Williams, Ty Law, Milloy, Vrabel, McNabb, Dawkins, or anything even CLOSE to that when he was hired.

And your period of time? 1 year.
    I really don't get your logic. At all. Actually I do...I just don't see where it applies to Mangini and the Jets.

But anyway....have fun crying about 2007 for however long you plan to do it.

14. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I agree with your post. Although I can't stand NE and the smug attitude of Brady he is indeed in a league of his own. You know when they are down there is no panic just a methodical drive with a TD at the end. I mean do they ever miss in the red zone? A jet fan since the Namath days we are indeed in the rebuilding mode. I think it is critical that the FO makes the right decisions and doesn't try to become tactical and buy FA for the sake of it. We need to stay on plan and rebuild from the lines up. I also think we need to give Clemens a full season before we throw him out with the bathwater.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hehe. That's my new favorite. Dennis Green is off the hook.

16. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

I don't know if I'd call it an ocean, but this upcoming season will be a very telling year for Eric IMHO. One very good, one very disappointing. If I am not mistaken, you have something like $27 Million under the cap.

So, a new round of FA's, draft picks and with it being the 3rd season, Eric's coaching philosophy should no longer be foreign to the Jets' players.

With the right mix, teams can turn it around quick in the NFL. I'll reserve judgment on Eric's Jets until after next season.

17. wildaces

wildaces Banned

You are so right. The biggest thing isn't the players, but keeping the unity of the players. Their front office has been able to keep there key players on the team. They are growing together every year. How many of there players besides Moss this year are big FA acquistions?

I am not saying that you can't pick up a good FA, and that would be the end of the team.

When someone goes down there is yet another player that knows the system to come in. You can't get that unless you keep players on your team; instead of cutting everybody in hopes for a better player. a good example would be us getting rid of Hobson this year, or Vilma, or ...

Who would we get to replace them that are decent, and as cheap?

How many QB's in this league would have a great season with their line? They are building a TEAM, not a highlight reel. Even though that is what this TEAM is. ( Who is Wes Welker? Before this year)

18. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I'm not going to say it ever will come together, or that I'm smart enough to predict the date/time/season. But what I will say is that thinking a steady stream of change serves the team better is phooey. I am on record saying the biggest issue I have with the current administration is that they got too complacent last year; I love Harris and Revis, but two contributions from last offseason is not going to serve the team in the long run.

And your beating the drum about not winning a major championship in 39 years is fact, not opinion. Be known for your insightful opinions, not your ability to read an encyclopedia.

19. JetsLookingforDWare

Huh? We were blown out twice all season...arguably the two best teams in the NFL.

We even beat one of the better teams in the AFC.

Thats what I can't stand about the anti-Mangini crowd...it relies totally on exaggeration and complaining about a season that we had no chance in anyway.

20. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Are you effing joking? The fact that you can play just good enough to lose has never been anything to hang my hat on at any time in any place.

Keep propelling the loser jets fan mentality?(1) we almost one (2) you?re not a real fan if you complain (3) we are rebuilding (4) there is no difference between winning 2 games or eight (5) being a filler team with absolutely no change to win anything is something to be proud of